“Not bad at all!” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Dillon
Salt Lake City
“Not bad at all!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

I'm a room snob but since we were only going to be driving through and sleeping here, I elected to save money and stay at the Motel 6. It was fine.Nice bed. Clean enough. Stained carpet and some deep cleaning wouldn't be a bad idea but overall, I thought it was fine. And that is a lot coming from me!! :)

I would stay here again over any of the higher priced motels in Dillon!

Room Tip: We had a king upstairs with a window that opened.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Livelong
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

Have stayed at this motel two time and will be staying there again in another month. Probably the best Motel 6 we've stayed in. What we like about it is you can back right up to your door which is convenient. Also we travel with a couple of cats and they are pet friendly. When approaching from the north it's a little tricky to find so pay attention to the small sign about 200 yards after the turn off.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

The price is a lot lower than most of the other places in Dillon.
However, be prepared: there is no breakfast or perks of higher cost motels.
You get what you pay for but it is clean and everything seemed to function, including the wi fi.
The owners were helpful and offered to let me use their own printer to print some documents, very nice of them although I could not make the printer work with my laptop.
I found this motel to be very quiet, except for some neighbor's barking dog at certain times. I slept well.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank trekkin_1956
Bigfork, Montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2013

The bed was comfortable and the room clean, also there is ample space to walk your dog, but the cleaning folks are inappropriate by knocking on your door early when you are checking out that day and bringing their dogs, without collars and off leash, that means if these large terriers misbehave there is no way to control them. It kind of makes walking your dog, not only dangerous but quite problematic, and dog friendly was the reason I stopped in. Also my reasonable $48 room turned out to be a $66 room. If you are stopping for dog reasons I would ask the desk if there will be dogs arriving with the staff in the mornings. If you don't have dogs and want to pay full boat I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Dillon hotels

Portland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

I still love this place. I've stayed here a half dozen times now, I've got a student enrolled in nearby UMW and this is my favorite place to stay when I visit. I’ve personally stayed here with my mother and my best friend. I will continue to recommend my friends and family stay here when they’re in town.

The staff is extremely friendly and helpful. Their employees engage me in conversation, greet my student (everyone knows everyone) and help us with random questions. (We once asked a clerk what the dress code was at an event, they called a friend to ask. – not kidding.) It is very quiet; the college town shenanigans that can happen in motels on weekend nights would never be tolerated here. This is clearly a family run, family oriented Motel 6.

I've always felt my room was clean. Yes, I do believe they rooms could do with an update, carpets and all but they are clean. I’ve stayed here both in the winter and in the summer, the room temperatures are easily controlled and the surroundings kept clear of snow and ice.
The location is terrific as well. They are situated across the street from a park and a YMCA. If you turn left out of the parking lot and go a few blocks you’re in the center of town. (It is walking distance if you prefer walking.)

Previous reviewers have mentioned that this is Motel not a Hotel; I agree that should be pointed out. If you want to pay over $100 a night for impersonal service, head over to one of the others next to the freeway off ramp and enjoy. If you want a clean, comfortable, friendly place to stay for 1/2 the price, this is for you.

Good job Motel 6, Dillon, keep up the good work! (In fact, give a quick call to the Motel 6, University in Missoula, they could use your help with customer service.)

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Christina H
Hamilton, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed in room 112, and it was spotlessly clean, free wifi, pet friendly and reasonably priced. I was surprised that prior ratings were not as glowing. Remember this is a motel not a hotel there is a difference. I am a big fan of Motel 6 because I have a pet, and they are pet friendly. This room was smoke free and so spacious. I would recommend in a heartbeat.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Thomas P
Dillon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 22, 2012

rooms were not very clean, the towels were holey, the cleaner made one bed but just pulled the covers over the other one. The room had animal hair in it. even after cleaners had been in the bathroom floor was not mopped and shaving stubble was left on the sink.
The front desk clerk was very nice though.

Room Tip: no swimming pool or fitness center.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family