“Might be the best trip ever...”
Review of Triple Creek Ranch

Triple Creek Ranch
Reviewed March 3, 2009

Great location for winter travel. The nearby ski mountain, Lost Trail, is a hidden gem if you enjoy uncrowded slopes with good snow. A quality cross-country ski area is also in the vicinity, though we didn't make it there. The staff makes the resort the place it is, cheerfully fulfilling any request. For instance, on request they set up an impromptu tour of the neighboring CB Ranch (same owner at TCR) allowing us to see the new calves that had just been born over the past couple days. Lots of wildlife in the area to see, from an elk herd resident on the property to white-tailed deer, bald eagles, and others. Food and drinks are all inclusive and are of excellent quality. You do not go hungry at TCR. Cabins were nice and homey, stayed in one with a jacuzzi on the deck and a working fireplace. If I had to make a negative comment (admittedly minor), the cabin decor might benefit from a refreshing, though one of the tv's in our cabin was new and had a blu-ray player (they have a fairly extensive DVD library of popular movies). The wireless internet connection (believe is DSL) is also a bit slow, but you are out in the middle of nowhere. Also wouldn't be upset if they offered twice-daily room cleaning. So given those very minor items, the rest of the stay is all upside, from the staff to the food to the available activities like free horse rides. Guests seem friendly as well. Will definitely try to get back to check out another season, or perhaps make TCR a regular winter destination.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
4  Thank jma5000

Reviewed November 6, 2008

This is a great place to visit! Husband and I went for my birthday and I could not have had a better time. This luxury, all inclusive boutique resort had great food, wine and drinks. The service was exceptional and everyone at the resort was so nice and accommodating. Our trip was enhanced by the company we kept at the resort –we were fortunate to have met some great people that were visiting at the same time. For a special dinner, we enjoyed a multi-course dinner at the “chef’s table” which included wine pairings (this was an extra charge, but well worth it for a special occasion.) The activities were my favorite. We went for the "Spring Round Up" weekend which included a day of learning about and riding horses and learning how to rope; another day at a ranch where we rounded up cows and calves and participated in the branding process (the branding was left to the professionals, but I immunized the cows, my husband "worked a gate" to filter the cows into the appropriate areas, etc.) This was completely outside the box for us and a great getaway. We also went fly fishing which was great (this was separate and not included in our package). All in all - a great vacation …Montana is beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cbcTraveler333
Reviewed November 3, 2008

Alas, I wish I could believe the story told below by the couple from New Jersey. We have been to the TCR 5 times over the past few years and it has always been marvelous. The food is good, the cabins nice, and the service outstanding.

I am including Melanie (cited in the messages below) in my assessment. Read the messages carefully ... is it really believable that Melanie said "No!" when she was asked for more wine? Unless the couple was drunk and obnoxious (I will pass on this) it does not seem likely, does it. Nor does the husband's assertion that there was a "shouting match" seem truthful. One cannot imagine Melanie (or anyone else at the TCR) engaging in such a thing. Finally, could Wayne (the Manager) really said he would deal with this in the morning? That's certainly not the Wayne I know.

My point is broader than what you see here: all people are different and some (especially those of us from the East Coast) have a harsh attitude. Don't believe everything you read -- the TCR is better represented by all of the other opinions expressed herein.

• Stayed: September 2007, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BPDorrit
Reviewed October 25, 2008

My wife and I stayed at the Triple Creek during the last week of September. The weather was absolutely perfect: 60s during the day, low 40s at night with not a cloud in the sky. We stayed in the Pintler cabin and were upgrading on arrival as our original cabin was occupied. Our cabin had his and her bathrooms, a working fireplace, jacuzzi, and a half kitchen. The accommodations were not the most high end, but completely cozy and we had a very nice overlook of the surrounding forrest. 3 meals a day were included and were excellent. A full breakfast was order and brought to our cabin each day (I had montana beef and eggs each morning). Lunch was packed for us in the morning which we took out horseback riding and during our ATV trip. Our activities were fabulous. We rode horses for 2 days in the back country, took an ATV trip across the 29000 acre ranch, and did a day hike up the a mountain lake. All of our activities were arranged flawlessly for us. Dinner in the main dining room was romantic, cozy, with a touch of elegance. The staff: I cannot praise the staff enough as they were professional, friendly, helpful and frankly loving. I would recommend TCR to anyone anytime.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank zplasty
Reviewed September 22, 2008

We recently spent 5 nights at TRC. We made the reservation BEFORE they were picked as #1 by Travel and Leisure. Needless to say, we were a little flabbergasted that a ranch in Montana (let alone one that we would choose), could be so highly touted.

Of course, it is a Relaix and Chateau, which is a flawless indicator of the best of the best in small properties.

To be truthful, it's not the fanciest, most luxurious property we've been to, but Triple Creek Ranch pretty much excels in every possible way. Nestled up in the mountains, far from civilization, the atmosphere and scenery are tranquil and breathtaking. The food is world-class. The accomodations were comfortable, spacious, stylish and secluded. And of course, every room has a nicely stocked bar (all included). The common areas were really classy. The upstairs bar/ lounge in the main lodge is exquisitely decorated and comfortable.

It's always a good sign, when you see staff members and guests hugging as they say their sad goodbyes and prepare to return home. The service was as good as it gets. Within 24 hours, almost everybody knew our first names. Our room was serviced every day before we returned from breakfast . . . BREAKFAST.

The daily horseback rides, the hikes, fly fishing and the cattle roundup were among the many fun things to do.

The memory of my trip to TRC will always be very special. If you're looking for a classy, luxurious, relaxing and beautiful vacation, this is the place.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart59
Reviewed September 18, 2008

Our stay at Triple Creek surpassed all our expectations. I could write for pages about how fantastic it is but you would be bored by the end, so I am going to keep it very brief!
The highlights were (in no particular order):
1. Amazing staff
Every member of staff is excellent at what they do and are very genuine in wanting you to have a great experience. Special mention to James for his fantastic cocktails!
Housekeeping are incredibly quick and efficient and the cabin was spotless each time.
2. Wonderful food
All the food was superb but breakfast in particular!
3. Great horse riding
For those of you who are experienced riders be aware that the rides are only walking rides but this did not impact on my enjoyment at all. The wranglers are fantastic and really looked after my husband who had never been on a horse before. Kristen who is in charge of the horses is an amazing horsewoman!

We originally intended this to be a once in a lifetime trip but are already planning our return. Thanks to all the staff and to Wayne and Judy for their hospitality.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank bprawn
Reviewed September 9, 2008

I researched for months for a perfect place to surprise my husband for his 30th birthday. I live in Montana and work in the hospitality business, so I had heard wonderful things from tourists and locals alike about the Triple Creek Ranch. From the check-in process to the time we departed, this place more than exceeded my hopes for our romantic weekend and celebration.

The ranch is a huge compound that has a lot of different lodging options. We stayed in the Sugar Cabins and enjoyed a jetted tub in our room and also a hot tub that is shared with other cabins. However, the hot tub was always empty and could have been a private one just for us, since most people were busy enjoying other activities.

The staff also arranged 2 days of guided fly-fishing for us. I felt as if they only work with the best vendors. We fished with Glenn for 2 days and he gave us some great tips of things to do as we continued our travels (including mining for sapphires at Gem Mountain about an hour away from the ranch!!) As my husband is an avid fly fisherman, Glenn also introduced us to a local legend in the area who was responsible for technical consulting for the movie "A River Runs Through It". It was this extra attention and local insight that really made the trip more special than a great destination resort.

The food was as good as it looked in the pictures. We enjoyed a lovely dinner for his birthday meal and they also accommodated us with special dietary requests. The only thing that wasn't perfect was that we asked to sit outside for dinner, and it felt as if we were kind of forgotten outside. However, for other meals, we ate inside in the dining room and found the service was great. During breakfast, the activity director of the resort was greeting each table by name and confirming their reservations for the day and coordinating pick up times and boxed lunch requests (which were also fantastic).

We also loved the all-inclusive pricing, giving us the ability to wander up to the bar after dinner and ask for whatever drinks the bartender wanted to experiment with. This feeling continued with the Triple Creek's idea of a minibar in our cabin, basically a fridge full of mixers, and 5 full bottles of rum, gin, vodka, etc.

I would suggest contacting the resort directly for booking, and if you are just looking to experience the ranch for just 1 day, ask about the Montana Sampler package, which offers a great discount for those who are just passing through. This place exceeded my hopes for a perfect birthday trip and I would highly recommend staying at the Triple Creek Ranch.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple