Great location for winter travel. The nearby ski mountain, Lost Trail, is a hidden gem if you enjoy uncrowded slopes with good snow. A quality cross-country ski area is also in the vicinity, though we didn't make it there. The staff makes the resort the place it is, cheerfully fulfilling any request. For instance, on request they set up an impromptu tour of the neighboring CB Ranch (same owner at TCR) allowing us to see the new calves that had just been born over the past couple days. Lots of wildlife in the area to see, from an elk herd resident on the property to white-tailed deer, bald eagles, and others. Food and drinks are all inclusive and are of excellent quality. You do not go hungry at TCR. Cabins were nice and homey, stayed in one with a jacuzzi on the deck and a working fireplace. If I had to make a negative comment (admittedly minor), the cabin decor might benefit from a refreshing, though one of the tv's in our cabin was new and had a blu-ray player (they have a fairly extensive DVD library of popular movies). The wireless internet connection (believe is DSL) is also a bit slow, but you are out in the middle of nowhere. Also wouldn't be upset if they offered twice-daily room cleaning. So given those very minor items, the rest of the stay is all upside, from the staff to the food to the available activities like free horse rides. Guests seem friendly as well. Will definitely try to get back to check out another season, or perhaps make TCR a regular winter destination.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the legendary hospitality and enchanting beauty of one of the world's best hotels set in the heart of the breathtaking Bitterroot Mountain Range of the Montana Rockies. A proud member of the prestigious Relais & Châteaux, Triple Creek Ranch offers an epicurean, all-inclusive vacation experience of refined rustic elegance, gourmet cuisine paired with an excellent wine list, and warm, welcoming, five star service amidst the romance of a forested mountain retreat. Our accommodations feature a selection of private log cabins and splendid ranch homes with easy access to our well-appointed and comfortable lodge. Our lodge and surroundings feature a curated collection of original Western art and the delightful amenities of a luxury ranch resort. Here, adult travelers enjoy a truly romantic setting with incomparable scenery, a wide variety of native wildlife, an almost endless menu of all-inclusive outdoor activities and the option of enjoying some of the finest Western adventures in the continental United States. Come join us for a wonderful retreat from the everyday and truly relax in our world-class accommodations, dine on the freshest contemporary cuisine and sample the world's finest wines while our caring staff pampers and cares for you and your every desire. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity so you can book your Triple Creek Ranch reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Triple Creek Ranch Hotel Darby
- Triple Creek Ranch Montana/Darby