“Best resort ever”
Review of Triple Creek Ranch

Triple Creek Ranch
Reviewed August 3, 2008

This place is off the charts. The service, amenities, food, surroundings--like nothing we've ever experienced. It ain't cheap, but it's all-inclusive. We booked the four-day package which includes a day-long fly fishing trip with the best guide we've ever had. The staff is low-key but attentive and everything is geared to "what you want, when you want it." We can't recommend it highly enough.

1  Thank travelguyCalifornia

Reviewed July 28, 2008

Triple Creek is incomparable. The service is perfect. Your accommodations are super luxurious private log cabins in a pine forest. Inside is a huge king sized bed, his and hers bathrooms with a huge shower, a living room area, a small kitchen counter and a fireplace. On the rear deck facing the woods is a whirlpool hot tub. Of course the cabinets are stocked with your favorite beverages and snacks. You are given a golf cart for touring the resort and driving to meals. I can't say enough about the food and wine, it's a gourmet's delight. Breakfasts are sumptuous, dinners are magical. We've always taken our picnic lunches on the river. The restaurant and third floor bar are in one of the most beautiful log lodges I have ever seen. Drinks and wine are on the house. On the property is a pool, a trout pond to practice your casting on good sized rainbows, lots of horses and trail rides as well as cattle drives. Nearby, there's white water rafting, Quad-RV rides and of course world class float fishing on the Bitterroot river at the end of the driveway. We recommend float fishing with a guide for two people. In addition to the Bitterroot, there's the Blackfoot River, The Big Hole River and the Clark fork, all within a short drive. This was our third visit to triple Creek and it is just as perfect as ever. We'll be back again and again.

1  Thank BentleyDriver
Reviewed July 14, 2008

This is truly a gem....for a honeymoon, an anniversary, any special occassion--or really for no reason at all! We booked 1 night as we were just passing through on a road trip and ended up staying for longer. The service is amazing-they go above and beyond. The staff makes a point of learning your name, what you like to eat, where you like to sit etc....We stayed in a luxury cabin, which was amazing. It is one of the older cabins so could have used a little facelift decor wise, but that did not impact our love for this place (there are newer cabins that have just been redone if it is an issue for you). The cabins were comfortable, private and fully stocked with anything you could want, drink wise, and some fruit and snacks. The food was fabulous, all 3 meals--no complaints. The portion size was great (by that I mean reasonable as opposed to the gigantic portions you get in a lot of american resorts). If you choose to do any of the offered summer activities like fly fishing or white water rafting off the ranch, I recommend booking earlier rather than later--especially if you are there on a weekend. Since we did not know we were going to stay more than a night we were not able to get space in the fly fishing so we spent the day around the ranch. It was perfect..most of the 60 guests left so it was as if we had the hiking trails, pool, waitstaff all to ourselves...it was true relaxation. It is worth the trip! I highly recommend it.....very romantic.

3  Thank rcs_to
Reviewed March 5, 2008

I have waited this long to write a review because, selfishly, I wanted to keep this resort a secret. It is such a top-class accommodation, you want to keep the place all to yourself.

The service is unbelieveable - your wish is their command. The entire staff goes out of its way to make you feel at home. The meals are to die for, the cabins are luxurious, the activities are numerous. I was 63 years old, and, for the first time in forty years, hopped on a horse and went riding every day of my stay. The views on the ride were dazzling! My husband enjoyed fishing daily on the trout pond - staying at Triple Creek Ranch is pure heaven - classy but casual - a must-have experience. Go see it for yourself - you won't be sorry.

We'll be going back this June. Can't wait.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
2  Thank eloisejw
Reviewed November 13, 2007

I am a very humble and grateful individual. The trip to Triple Creek was like something out of the movies. I was treated like royalty.
We only spent one night but the memory of this fantastic experience will last forever. My wife and I believe this is a hidden paradise. No other trip has been as relaxing and at the same time fun.
The food was so unbelievable I actually savored every bite. The service was by far beyond my wildest expectations.
We drove around using a golf cart. Honestly, it was alot of fun, and a great idea. The cabin we stayed in has a official name, but the nickname the front desk gave it was the "Loveshack". I would not take any other room. This room had the largest indoor oversized tub I have ever seen. The double head shower was the size of some bathrooms. The bed was out of this world.
We planned ahead and orderd in room massages. This was the highlight of the first day. Worth every single penny.
Keep in mind this property is located in Darby, Montana. You must visit this area at least once in your life. Trust me, it is breathtaking. I have traveled from Europe to Asia. This place is paradise.
If you drink this will make you very happy. They offer unlimited drinks in the bar. I mean it is as much as you can drink, no limits!
They offer horseback riding, cattle drive (call for more details), etc.
We wanted to go swimming and they dropped what they were doing to prep the pool. Again, all the drinks you desire poolside.
Look I cannot think of one single negative part of this stay. I already want to go back now.
They left us a picture from our dinner that was unexpected but very appreciated.
I would not insult this establishment by rating this property. It is in a class all by itself.
Feel free to contact me and I will answer any questions you have. Again, I would put this vacation on the very top of my list.

• Stayed: May 2006, traveled as a couple
3  Thank MIKEINUTAH
Reviewed August 5, 2007

All the positive reviews are well deserved. Tremendous service, excellent and bountiful food, and memories for a lifetime. I would not hesitate to recommend this wonderful destination to all interested in a luxurious resort which offers fun, active outdoor options in a beautiful mountain setting. My wife and I traveled with friends - all of us could not have been more impressed with staff members, who went out of their way to accommodate all requests and helped make the experience so great.

• Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank JasBoston_MA
Reviewed July 16, 2007

This was my second trip since 2000 and it was as good as ever. Service is perfect, accommodation luxurious, setting stunning. Food is delicious and there are so many activities that there are never enough hours in the day to do everything. We tried fly fishing on the West Fork, a half day ATV adventure and an all day cattle drive - all wonderful. Taittinger sponsored July 4th celebrations were out of this world.
We'll do our utmost to return as soon as we can!

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple