“The Best last place in Montana”
Review of Triple Creek Ranch

Triple Creek Ranch
Reviewed October 6, 2011

This is the second year we have gone, 25 years of going to Montana and Wy.
We have stayed at many different resorts and for the money this is the place,
From the owners, managers, wanglers,food service, bar tender, cabins, food and drinks, what more can you ask for. Great fishing and guides, horse backing riding, roundups, pool and hot tub, something for every one!
Hi FI in cabins, a very restful vacation, we will be back!

Room Tip: Cabins for all your needs.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
3  Thank 7,642

Reviewed September 20, 2011

We spent 7 nights at the Triple Creek Ranch in September, 2011 and the staff turned a wonderful vacation into a spectacular vacation. Each and every employee strives to make your stay perfect and memorable. We had arranged for an airport pickup and our flight was a half hour early, Jared was there waiting for us and he was very kind and informative describing the area in the hour and a half ride to the ranch. Catherine was there to greet us at the car and show us around the property. Jared took our luggage to our lodge and then we were given our golf cart for getting around the property. One of the things we were impressed with is all of the art work around the property, really neat and something fun to admire and learn about. Next were drinks in the bar before dinner, James is a great bar tender, great drinks and great company to discuss the day's events or places to visit. Dinner the first night was very special, we met Whitney who was serving our section of the dining room that night. She immediately made us feel welcome and comfortable, and made our first meal at TCR very enjoyable - which set the stage for the rest of the week. Whitney was always smiling, very attentive and you got the feeling she enjoyed her job as much as we enjoyed being there. The food was outstanding, a different 4 course menu every night offered a variety of choices, but each and every dish was prepared to perfection. The horse rides on the property were great - horses were well taken care of, the wranglers were kind and knowledgeable, they made the experience a lot of fun. (thank you K2 and Caleb) The views on the trails were very scenic and each trail offered a different aspect of forest, hills, river or fields. We did the cattle drive with Colby and K2 who were excellent - teaching a bunch of "city slickers" how to move cattle, which to my amazement was a real cattle drive not some mock event. Fly fishing with our guide Boomer and his dog River was a lot of fun as well. Neither of us had ever been fly fishing but "we" caught 7 fish the first time out. There is a great sitting area outside the lodge around a huge bon-fire with sticks for s'mores. Two nights a week they had a musician in the dining area, his name was Kris and he was a great singer/songwriter and he took requests and would talk to you about his songs if you asked. At night in the bar area they would show a slide show of pictures taken by the staff on the big screen TV of guests participating in the different activities or scenes around the property, then they would print some of the photos off and have them available for you to take at the end of the evening. (Nice Touch) - We also took a plane ride one day from Hamilton to Condon, where we flew over the Bob Marshall Wilderness, the view of the Chinese Wall from the plane was spectacular. We landed on a grass strip, our wrangler and horses were waiting for us. We took a horse back ride into the hills of Swan Mountain and then floated down the Swan river. In the 8 hours of horseback riding and floating on the river, we only saw 2 boats and a man with his two dogs. TCR arranged everything for us, which made for a great experience in a very remote part of the country. A great opportunity with spectacular views. We will return and recommend TCR to anyone.

Room Tip: Luxury cabins come with a golf cart, this allows you to explore the 600 acre property on your own...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank michapp
Reviewed September 19, 2011

Absolutely no complaints about the food (mmm, those pancakes, mmm, that orange juice!), service or general quality of this place. A very classy property, it's in a beautiful spot, surrounded by wilderness (it's also a beautiful drive to get there) - they'd even arranged the weather - high 80's every one of our four days.
At this price ($950/ night for our cabin), though, everything ought to be perfect and a few things did rankle slightly.
Mountain bikes have to be rented - $25/day plus $50 delivery. I'm sure biking is popular (well, I like it!). Can the property not invest in a few bikes of their own?
The air conditioning is pretty noisy.
The TV equipment is impossibly complicated.
The pool is good only for standing in: also the (small) gym could do with an upgrade.
Hardly their fault, but forest fires were burning (and are obviously a real summer problem): the air quality was not the best.
I'm nitpicking, but at this price level, I'm allowed to!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank annwiddecombe2016
Reviewed September 9, 2011

The ultimate in ranch luxury. Staff is amazing, everything is all inclusive, including on ranch activities. Other ranches of this caliber nickel and dime you when you get there. Food was delicious and owners hosted a cocktail reception at their private home. First Class in every way.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Tetontails
Reviewed September 1, 2011

My wife and I loved this place. The food was fabulous, the staff was excellent, the ranch itself is beautiful, and the surrounding wilderness is pristine. I highly recommend the charter trip to the Selway Wilderness. Whether you fish or horseback over there, you will love it! The on-ranch riding at TCR was also great, and included with your daily room rate. The rivers were blown out when we were there, but I can only imagine the fishing is excellent most of the summer. The on-ranch stocked ponds were quite fun though...fished there for 4 hrs solo with only horses and trout to accompany me. This place will not disappoint!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dan_OCallahan
Reviewed August 31, 2011

My wife and I decided to spend our 40th anniversary in Montana, a state we've always wanted to visit. We were specifically looking for an upscale "dude ranch" where we could enjoy outdoor activities as well as wonderful food and lodging. Triple Creek Ranch exceeded our loftiest expectations.

We were fortunate to book the last cabin available for the 4th of July weekend. While our Baker cabin was their smallest it more than met our needs with a woodburning fireplace, fully stocked bar, lovely furnishings, incredibly comfortable bed, and luxurious bathroom. Plus there was a huge hot tub in the woods right out our back door!

It was immediately evident that the staff love their jobs, and this attitude showed in everything they did. All requests were fulfilled quickly and pleasantly. Service was always attentive to the max.

We attended a special holiday party for Triple Creek's guests at the private home of the ranch's owners. The food, drinks, and fireworks were topnotch, and the owners were incredibly kind and gracious.

Throughout our 4 day stay the food was consistently delicious and beautifully presented. The property is immaculate. We enjoyed hiking, horseback riding, fishing, and photo safari excursions, as well as working out in the fitness center or just lounging by the pool.

If this description of our visit to Triple Creek Ranch appeals to you, I highly recommend booking your stay there.

Room Tip: If you're going as a couple the Baker cabin is the way to go. It costs the least and is very co...
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank eddsaid
Reviewed August 30, 2011

I stayed at TCR with my boyfriend and my boyfriend's sister and brother-in-law for 6 nights . We stayed in the Aspen Cabin and was I pleasantly surprised at how spacious and comfy our cabin was. Upon arrival, Tom, one of the horse wranglers greeted us at our cabin and took in our luggage. He was dress in his cowboy uniform and it really added to the rustic charm of the resort. I agree with many of the other reviews, if you are looking for a luxury high end Four Seasons type of resort, go elsewhere. Don't get me wrong, this place is 5 stars all the way, but it's very different than the typical high-end resorts most people are accustomed to. I'm not sure why some people were complaining about the gym, pool and spa amenities in their reviews. Yes, the pool and gym are small, but there are rivers, lakes, hiking trails, horseback riding and tennis on the property or in very close proximity to the property. If you want to work out, get up and go outside! With regards to the issue about there being no spa on the property, the ranch does provide massages in your cabin. We got a couples massage and it was set up on our lower deck. We could hear the stream running and light breeze blowing during our massages.....heaven. If you ask me, I think that is much better than being cooped up in a spa room. Like I've mentioned, TCR is a high end luxury resort but it is different than your typical 5 star/diamond resort.

During our stay, we went horseback riding, hiking, white water rafting, fly fishing, and also did a nature safari and cattle drive. I loved all the activities soooo much I can't pick a favorite. If you have a chance, make sure to sign up for the nature safari. It's one of the new and free activities provided by the ranch. Gerald is the tour guide for the nature safari and he also has a degree in photography (thanks for the suggestion Leslie). I brought my new SLR on the safari and didn't really know how to use it. Gerald really helped me understand how to set the aperture, shutter and ISO for the best quality photos. I took some amazing photos and when we came back to the ranch, he burnt all of my photos onto a CD for me to take home. If you do not have a camera, don't worry, the resort will provide one for you during the excursion.

By far, the BEST things about TCR are the FOOD and CUSTOMER SERVICE...

All I can say about the food is that it is AMAZING!!!!! By far the best I've had at any resort. Just to name a few of the items on the dinner menu: bison, steak, mahi mahi, porterhouse (YUMMY). Breakfast, lunch and dinner were all hits. I can't name one thing that I didn't enjoy. My boyfriend's sister is a very picky eater and not only were they able to accommodate her, she absolutely loved everything they made for her (BTW, this was her second time at TCR). You'll just have to come to TCR and try the food out for yourself.

I can not thank the staff members and GM enough for making our stay at TCR sooo memorable. By the end of the trip, we knew countless staff members by their first names. One example of how the staff went above and beyond was during one of our horseback rides on the property. About 15 minutes into our ride, my boyfriend realized that he had lost his sunglasses and couldn't remember when he had them last during the ride. Finding the sunglasses would have been a simple task if we were riding on asphalt or paved grounds, but we were literally in the middle of the woods! Instead of calling it a lost cause or stopping the ride to make everyone wait. Caleb our wrangler told us we should continue on our ride and he would come back later and search for it himself. I thought it was thoughtful of him to volunteer to do so, but really wasn't expecting him to find it. About 30 minutes after our ride, Caleb had found my boyfriend's sunglasses and returned them!

Thank you especially to Leslie, James (best huckleberry lemon drops ever), Gerald, Catherine, Kyle, Caleb, Kobe, Whitney (Jersey Shore), Andrew for going above and beyond and making our stay at TCR such a wonderful experience!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple