“Beware extra charges weeks later”

and 1 more site!
Glacier Gateway Inn
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Cut Bank
Calgary, AB
“Beware extra charges weeks later”
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I wrote a review for this hotel on Expedia. It was ok, but not... I said it was a hard one to rate and posted as follows:
-------------------
Don't show up hungry. As far as we could tell, the only place that delivered was Pizza Hut. Even driving and looking didn't help.

While our stay was not horrible, it wasn't fantastic. The staff didn't seem to care less about us, and when I went on my second day to tell them we hadn't received any coffee or shampoo or cups when our room was cleaned it took about 10 times to explain it; even then she looked less than pleased to help out.

"Breakfast" is a joke - wasn't worth walking across the street for. And EVERYTHING is across the street. We didn't even have ice in our section of the hotel.

The room is old and dated. The "hot tub" was a tub with a mat in it powered by an external hose to make bubbles. Wouldn't stick to the bottom, a pain for two people, absolutely useless - and the tub leaked so you had to keep the water constantly running (by a hose.. I'm not kidding)

BUT - it was clean. It smelled clean when you walked in, the sheets were crisp (even if they were stingy and only had two tiny pillows). The toole on the canopy bed and the paper decorations were clean and dust free.

The price was unbeatable. so... it's so very hard to rate this place. They need to pay some attention to the folks "across the road" and fix up the old rooms. More towels and pillows are the norm at any other hotel. And for goodness sake, don't make me walk across the road and pick up a phone and call someone then wait for them to arrive any time that I need anything.
--------------------------------------------

I can't edit that review and now I'm livid. Last night, an extra $8 US dollars appeared on my credit card (the one that I used to reserve the room, not the one that I used to pay for the room)

I was promised at the desk "no extra charges beyond what they were putting on the card I gave them to pay for the room". I asked because often hotels will remove a huge deposit ($500 is common for a hot tub room) and it takes weeks to get it back.

When I booked, I was told that the card used to book was ONLY to hold the booking, that I could pay with cash or another card on site..

Now this charge shows up. when I investigated with my bank and online, I find out they do it all the time - conveniently right after you post your Expedia review and cannot change it.

It's only $8, but it's the shadiest move that I've ever seen. I will not return, I would never recommend these crooks.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank borborhick
DBSS2013, Manager at Glacier Gateway Inn, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest,
I am very much sorry that you got problem with your bill. but expedia always show the room rate and addition fee and taxes. We are not charging any extra money which expedia didnt show you. The ice machine was broken so we have to brought ice from out side. Thank you very much and you have a wonderful day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
New York City, New York
Reviewed March 27, 2014

Good stay, friendly staff. Good breakfast. We went for a family trip and found this hotel that had better rate than super 8 ! Hotel is clean and have big rooms. There are in fact two motels. Overall the stay was worth !

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DBSS2013, General Manager at Glacier Gateway Inn, responded to this review, March 30, 2014
Thank you very much for review. I am glad that you like the property. This will useful for the other guest who don't know about this motel. Once again thanks for your time. You are always welcome to my motel any time in future.
Edmonton
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We had a lovely big room, very clean and bright. Free wifi. Typical continental breakfast. Exceptional eating area. They meant it when they said non-smoking and no pets. It smelled like cleaners, not dog. Great Service. Nice pool and spa. $20 less than the chain down the road.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Madony
DBSS2013, Manager at Glacier Gateway Inn, responded to this review, September 28, 2013
Dear Guest,

It was truly our pleasure to have you at our facility.

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We truly appreciate your kind words.

Hope to see you soon!

Let us know if you need anything or if you have any questions.

Have a wonderful day!

Dinesh Patel, Manager

Glacier gateway Inn & Plaza
Madison
Reviewed August 5, 2013

What can I say? Super 8 wanted $90 a nite. This family run motel was $20 less. It was more or less clean and quiet, and a good rest for the night. I'd guess that it was built in the late '80s, Because I don't think the color schemes have not been updated since then. Ha!

Room Tip: The family owns the "Glacier" motels on both sides of the highway here.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
DBSS2013, Manager at Glacier Gateway Inn, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Dear Customer,
Thank you very much for writing review for my motel.I appreciate your time and money.I am very much glad that you like our property.Pl. do visit again whenever you get chance.
once again thanks and you have a wonderful day.
montana
Reviewed November 5, 2012

booked on expedia for a hotel that was 300 miles away from home. Stated it was a deluxe room in a HOTEL with a pool and spa and pictured a great lobby. Got there and our room was actually accross the street at the "inn" with a stench of cigarettes and no lobby to speak of. Then the price at payment was $12 more then what Expedia stated. There was no breakfast(unless you include coffee and doughnuts as a breakfast). Guy said sure you can use the pool across the street(meanwhile it is 30 degrees outside), walk across AFTER paying and the pool/spa is closed for the season. Also scared us into paying saying there was nowhere else available in town..BS...Super 8 is only half full and the little motel we are at now(increadibly better then the "Inn") has wifi. Expedia misrepresents this "hotel" as deluxe when the truth is that the pictures shown on site are a separate property by same owner and so is pool/spa.

Room Tip: do not take staffs word for anything! check yourself
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank bluepastry

Travelers are raving about these Cut Bank hotels

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed July 28, 2012

On a recent return road trip visiting friends in Lethbridge Alberta we came back via Hwy 2 thru Montana.With no rooms avalable in Shelby we headed west 30 mins to Cutbank the next town.Arrived and took the first place with a vacant sign and this was it.Upon checking in and getting a reasonable room rate headed to the room going okay what do we find,well to our surprise the rooms and looks like interior of motel has been renovated because it was clean and well done.Room was clean modern with many items like coffee maker,microwave,fridge in room with good internet.Will we stay again going over this route yes.
Oh and yes it's also close to the eastern edge of the Rockies

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
DBSSPATEL, General Manager at Glacier Gateway Inn, responded to this review, August 1, 2012
Thank you very much for staying with us.we are glad that you enjoy your stay.we are always here to welcome you and all guests like you.
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed May 4, 2012

60 bucks for a room that is worth about 40. I stayed here because everything else was booked. Parking is very minimal. I'd say the room was clean but not by hotel standards. I'm a mechanic so I'm sure I looked a little rough, but the host kept telling me to keep the room clean. I'm not a dirtbag for crying outloud. Anyways, if your a roughneck and don't mind a little rundown place it may be ok but for the average traveler on vacation I'd look elsewhere. The upside was the little pizzaria next door was nice.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Hzgmech
DBSSPATEL, General Manager at Glacier Gateway Inn, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Dear Guest
I would like to apologize on behalf of the hotel and its team for your stay.we have just replaced all the locks,but you are right that we do have some mechanical problem in couple of locks and we will definitely fix it.we are extremely sorry for that.
You may also be interested to learn that just last week we have started to upgrading the property.we put new LED 32' TV in all the rooms. and one cup coffee machine in all the rooms and planning to change all curtains soon. So guest will get more value to their dollar spend.
we want you to come back give one more chance to serve you better.
we do have one more newest property across this one for better experience in Cut bank.
Please feel free to contact myself directly via the below details if you are travelling
to Cut Bank again so that I may personally take care of you and your next stay.
Once again please do accept my apologies and I do hope that
the remainder of your trip will be nice and wonderful.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Cut Bank
Motel 6
Motel 6
#6 of 7 in Shelby
O'Haire Manor Motel & Apartments

Been to Glacier Gateway Inn? Share your experiences!