“It's Culbertson” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kings Inn Motel

Kings Inn Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Culbertson
Kings Inn Motel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Culbertson
Vancouver, Canada
“It's Culbertson”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013 via mobile

We were stranded with car trouble in Culbertson. Of 2 motels in town, this is the one you want- the other is really sketchy looking.

The clerk was accommodating if not friendly. The room was clean but outdated. Newer flat screen with wires dangling down the wall behind it. Lots of rules posted.

Bed was tired and seemed to have a rubber sheet of some sort- woke up sticking to it in a sweat. Gross.

Note to owner: if the shower curtain had magnets at the bottom, people would keep it in the tub and you could lose the sign-No one wants a motel shower curtain clinging to them. Gross.

The motel is a good effort in an area with few options, but avoid culbertson if you can. There is NOTHING there.

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Laurel S S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Ithaca, NY
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Very rude, unwelcoming and inhospitable woman runs this place. Shocking to think she chose to work in the service industry as she is not interested in being of service to anyone. Rooms are drab and sheets are terrible quality. Stay anywhere else you can.

• Stayed May 2013
2 Thank NYphotographer2012
KICulbertson, Manager at Kings Inn Motel, responded to this review, December 5, 2014
We are very sorry that you had such a horrible experience here at Kings Inn. We have undergone management changes and are 100% committed to customer service and making your stay here a positive one. It is our promise that you will be treated with kindness and respect if you should decide to give us another try. Please feel free to contact us anytime.
Jack and Debbie Adams
Belgrade, Montana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2012

We stayed at the Kings Inn and found the rooms to be very large, nicely kept, and very clean. The staff was helpful, accommodating and informational. The room included a refrigerator and nice HD TV.. I could have stayed in the shower forever because it was excellent! I would highly recommend this motel for anyone traveling through Culbertson.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Cathy B
Moorhead, Minnesota, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2012

I stayed here for a week while traveling for my job. The hotel is in need of updates badly! The carpet was something you would have seen at my grandparents house in the 70's! The room seemed clean, but the comforters were old and stained. The shower barely has enough room to turn around without being stuck to the wall or the curtain, not to mention the water turns scalding hot or ice cold in an instant. This just about made me slip in the shower as I was not expecting! I travel a lot for my job and appreciate a clean well kept hotel, this was not my description of that. It did the job but I will definitely not be staying here again. The owners seemed a little snarky, the woman very short with me and I didn't even say much to her. If you can find another option for somewhere to stay in the area, I would recommend not staying here.

Room Tip: You're stuck with what you get!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Alissa R
Fargo, North Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2012

I have stayed at the Kings Inn at least three times in the last year or so and I can tell you that you will be surprised if you stay here. Culbertson is a very small town in MT but is close to the ND oil field action and is a great option for your hotel needs. It isn't fancy, nu fuss no muss, but it is super clean and well taken care of and the property owners are right on the premises. It is a great value for dollar and a good nights sleep is almost a guaranty. The fact that they have a mini-fridge in every room really makes me happy. I like the owner Diance, she is no nonsense and works hard.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank JimMel101
Sun Lakes, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2012

Stayed two months and they were just great to me. Hard to get into since there is a big shortage of motel rooms in this area. Very Clean.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Lawrence H
Tillamook, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2012

Do not stay at this place unless you are an able bodied person. If you have any disabilities the management will be very rude! I am a 40 year old woman with Multiple Sclerosis and most of my symptoms go mostly unnoticed. This motel has a no pet policy. When I was checking in I noted that and let the management know I had a Service Dog. Well that sent the lady over the edge. After she went on about how they had a no pet policy and yes she would need to see the papers showing that my dog was indeed a service dog, she put her hand in my face and told me to go to my room, as if I was a child. (Legally she can not ask for any papers and she can not discriminate against me.)
The next day, she had the house keeping staff so freaked out about me and my dog they didn't know what to do. As she passed me in the hall she stated she would need to see "those papers". She didn't have even have the curtsy to stop and talk to me. I retrieved the papers from my room and took them down to the office. After reviewing them she said and I quote "Well I will allow you to be here now, but your leaving soon right? You can not come back." Then continues on with more complaining.
We were not there for vacation. My fiance is working in Willison ND, which has no housing so he is forced to stay an hour away in a motel and call that home. If we could have gone some place else to stay I would have told the manager how rude she was and left, however that was not an option so I stayed for the next week dodging glares from the management and made to feel as if I had done something wrong. I have never in my life been treated with such disrespect.

Room Tip: Do not stay here
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
7 Thank Knutsen09
KICulbertson, Manager at Kings Inn Motel, responded to this review, December 8, 2014
I am so sorry about the way you were treated when you were here. My husband and I recently took over management of The Kings Inn and I have been reading the reviews. On behalf of the owners, I would like to offer you my sincere apologies. I don't know if you are ever this way any more, but I hope you would stop by and see us. I would like to meet you and your dog. Please contact me if you have any further comments or questions.
Debbie Adams

Been to Kings Inn Motel? Share your experiences!