“Reliable country-style cafe, one of the places we locals eat”
Review of Memories Cafe

Memories Cafe
Ranked #3 of 6 Restaurants in Corvallis
Cuisines: American
Reviewed February 11, 2013

We've eaten there many times, for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Memories is aptly named because it's the kind of friendly cafe I grew up with here in Montana. The food isn't fancy--no Purina Yuppie Chow. But it's varied, well-prepared and seems to include real ingredients. My only menu complaint is that the coffee could be better--I suspect it's Boyd's or one of those other food service brands. Even Safeway's premium would be an improvement. Their Friday fish night is popular and tasty (although we've reached the age where fried foods don't agree with us, so we seldom attend). Fortunately the menu is varied enough that we're not locked into the usual fried surf-and-turf steakhouse fare that is the rule in many local eateries. I like their hash at breakfast, and their soups. The cafe is located in one of the old Corvallis churches. We enjoy looking at the old stuff on the walls, including photos of Corvallis back in the day. We've been in the area since grandfather came in the 1890's, so many of the scenes are pleasantly familiar to us.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

Food is so-so. Atmosphere is sweet. The staff is friendly. Coffeeshop food, and the ice cream they carry is below average

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I went there for my Mother's Day breakfast.
It was a great day as the weather was nice so we could eat on the deck and the food was great as always.

Reviewed April 5, 2012

A nice Cafe with old time feel and decor. Good solid American grub and the root beer floats are a must. Sit outside on the deck in the summer. Nice lunch spot.

Reviewed March 25, 2012

Country diner with antiqued look. A bit noisy when full. Simple but good meals. Waitresses on the ball. In the summer there is a nice gazibo to eat outside and look at the flowers.