“Nice People Clean Room”
Review of Evergreen Motel

Evergreen Motel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Coram
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Stayed at the Evergreen for 1 night on way to Glacier National Park. The young lady at the check-in was very nice, polite and helpful. She came out to make sure we had a parking space near the room. The room itself was very clean and accomodating. This is not a Hilton or even a Holiday Inn so don't expect as much. However, it was very clean, had a warm shower and very comfortable bed. The room was very penny of the price charged and within a very easy quick drive to Glacier Park.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed September 23, 2012

This was the perfect little place to stay on our first Glacier trip! The cabin we got was very cute and VERY clean! There is a restaurant across the highway as well as a bar, perfect location, quiet and relaxing but with places to go convenient!

Room Tip: We stayed in cabin 1, right beside the office and it was perfectly quiet.
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Wife and I stayed in Cabin 4 for two nights, and then in Cabin 2 for one night a week later. These cabins are old but comfortable. They have a sitting room and kitchen, and a bedroom. Both rooms good size. Most cabins have a nice large porch in front that is perfect for watching the world go by. Owners are great people, any the price is right. Try them

Room Tip: recommend cabin 2 first, then cabin 4
1  Thank RLPSanAntonio_Tx
Reviewed September 21, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for three nights. The cabin we stayed in was fine. It was clean and fairly comfortable. The housekeeping was a little weird--they would come bring new towels, but two out of three days didn't make the bed, and definitely made a point of not washing our dishes (two coffee cups and a spoon) each day. My only real complaint about the cabin is that there weren't screens in the windows, so the only way to cool off was to run the loud air conditioner. Overall, it was a good place to stay, though. It is a short drive from the west entrance to Glacier National Park.

Room Tip: There is a bar that plays very loud music across the street. I wished we had one of the rooms close...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank EmilyK2008
Reviewed September 20, 2012

We were in town for a wedding in August and had one of the best experiences of the trip staying at the Evergreen. The photos online do not capture the quality of the newer cabins. We stayed in a cabin with a full kitchen, comfortable living area and full bathroom. The hosts were incredibly accommodating as we arrived late in the evening. We stayed for three nights and when we are in the area again, I am hoping they have room availability. Extremely happy with the value and overall experience.

Room Tip: Ask for the newer cabins. We didn't see the older ones, but the new ones are really lovely.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Karen O
Reviewed September 16, 2012

I read some of the other reviews through picking this place. I thought they were somewhat unfair. No, this was not the best place I ever stayed. But all I wanted was a place to stay on a two trip to Glacier. It's very close to the park, a great price, and there's a pub and grill across the road. The owners were very nice, and they have smaller kids, so if they were disorganized for others, I say give them a break. Overall, it was exactly what I wanted, and I was satisfied.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank jik3
Reviewed September 15, 2012

We wanted a place close to Glacier and this fit the bill nicely. On trips like this we spend our time in the parks and want to stay somewhere with a comfortable bed. After a poor first impression of looking like a worn, tired place, the Evergreen met all of our needs.

Many of the reviews comment on the "newer cabins". We apparently stayed in one of the older cabins. Our first impressions inside the cabin were not very favorable - very much an older, worn vacation cabin in the woods. The carpet in the front room was worn looking, the kitchen appliances were old and the cabinets were old and some of the drawers did not close, the bedspread was quite faded.

After we looked around a bit, our impressions were much more positive - the place was clean and the bed was very comfortable.

The cabin had three rooms, a living room/kitchen, a bedroom a a bathroom. My wife and I like to stay in places with a bedroom separate from the sitting area because she gets up much earlier than me. Even though this place had the separate rooms, there was no door to close for the bedroom.

The kitchen enabled us to keep food for breakfast and to make lunch for taking into the park.

The Evergreen is much closer to the West Entrance to Glacier than the places in Columbia Falls and Whitefish. The owners were very friendly and helpful - made a run to the store to get some ice so we could fill our cooler for going to the park.

The highway runs right by the property but we did not hear road noise. The shower was small - my 6'3'', 240 lb nephew would not have fit. I am 5'8" and I had to bend over to rinse my hair.

We stayed for two nights and will be staying here again if we return to Glacier.

2  Thank MisterShort
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coram
Glacier Guides Lodge
#3 of 5 in Columbia Falls
Historic Tamarack Lodge
Historic Tamarack Lodge
#1 of 3 in Hungry Horse

Been to Evergreen Motel? Share your experiences!