“Small town dining and food was good”

Ranked #2 of 2 Restaurants in Coram
Cuisines: American
Reviewed September 2, 2012

We ate there twice. The first time for pie and although the filling was very tasty, the pie crust was undercooked (no color) and tough.
We came back the next morning and tried the $3.99 breakfast and you get a lot for your money. Sent my bacon back as it was quite cold and had to be warmed up but my poached egges were done to perfection. Our English muffins were warm but not actually toasted but perhaps that is an area thing.
The service was excellent - very friendly.
The wifi was not working even though advertised on their sign. No one seemed to know when it would work again.

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Service was very friendly/good and portions were large. I went there for an early dinner and had the special (open face pork sandwich with mash potatoes). While it tasted good, it wasn't definitely Sysco style food (supplier of food products to feed the masses) - pretty sure the mash potatoes were flakes form a box, brown gravy wasn't that tasty. In retrospect I think it is what you would expect from a cafe behind the gas station.

Reviewed August 27, 2012

We stopped by for the breakfast special ($3.99) and ended up coming back again the next day for lunch. Good food and good service. We even got to watch the elk in the woods across the street while we ate. Small, but very nice place to eat.

Reviewed August 24, 2012

I have family in the local area here so I've been to this area many times over the past 20+ years. However, this year was my first time to eat at the Trap Line. I offered to take my sister to breakfast at a place that had internet access so this was the place she recommended.

This place isn't much to look at (inside or out), but the food is good and the portions are gigantic. The building is actually half of one of the gas stations in tiny Coram (don't blink 'cause you'll miss it).

I love a big breakfast so I had the chicken fried steak and eggs. It was delicious, but I could only eat half of it. I saved the leftover steak & gravy and had it the next morning with fresh eggs (still good). Also, don’t forget to have their fresh biscuits. They’re wonderful and are huge. They fill your whole hand. The prices here were very reasonable especially being so close to the entrance of Glacier Park.

I also have to mention their coffee. My doctor took me off caffeine for a while so I had to order decafe. This is the only place during this time where I was not only able to drink the coffee, but here I actually enjoyed it.

My one complaint here was connecting to the internet had become a real challenge. I managed to get on, but was not able to remain connected to do what I needed to get done. I ended up leaving to get on elsewhere to do my business.

Reviewed August 23, 2012

We go to this restaurant every chance we get. Great food, lots of it and great customer service. It's a colorful, picturesque great piece of Montana. (oh and that T-Rex sized chicken fried steak in the photo was the chicken fried steak breakfast with 2 eggs, hashbrowns and toast! :D)