“Excellent stay”

GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Rogers AR
“Excellent stay”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Chuck runs a great place following green living standards but oh so comfortable. The bonus is Cchucks knowledge base and willingness to share with you sound advice on how to spend your time there. He was spot on for us. We had an awesome experience with Chucks help. I highly recommend this stay to all. Book ahead as they fill up before the season really kicks in usually.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Kerry S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Morton Grove, Illinois
Reviewed September 15, 2013

I've been to 44 countries, all 50 states, and hundreds of hotels. The Glacier General Store and Cabins ranks in my all-time top 3 favorite places to stay. I say this because Chuck and Jori, the proprietors, are the finest example of hard work, dedication, and human decency I've met in the Rocky Mountain West. Unlike chain hotels, Chuck and Jori actually care about their customers questions and needs and are not in the business solely for profit. Authentic, salt-of-the earth individuals, and I've never said that about business owners before. In fact, their hospitality inspired me to write my only TripAdvisor review in the last 8 years. If I won Powerball I'd stay in these cabins 2 months a year for the rest of my life.

Chuck hand-built the cabins and beds himself. All-around handmade quality. Our party or 4 stayed in the Wolves Den and Moose Cabins for 2 nights September 5-7. The cabins were exceptionally clean (I did the finger dust test above the window), the bathrooms were spotless, the appliances looked new, and in my opinion, the beds were as comfortable as those renowned Westin Hotel beds. Our party slept exceptionally well (maybe because we were tired from hiking and used to lower elevations). I didn't take measurements, the cabins are not huge, nor are they too small. Just right. Not Las Vegas splashy, not Spartan. Just right. Energy efficient. Comfortable. Highly recommended.

My only regret is that we should of booked here more days instead of staying in Kalispell the first 4 nights. Glacier General Store and Cabins is only a 5 minute drive to the Glacier National Park West entrance compared to the long drive from Kalispell. Why stay in a cookie-cutter Kalispell room for more money and +25 minute driving time?

Even if you've done your Glacier National Park research, Chuck and Jori happily provide you the 'hidden gems', road conditions/favored routes, and favorite local spots away from the over-rated tourist draws. They'll even highlight the roads and circle the spots like P***b***g* M****t***, Bowman Lake, and Hungry Horse Dam on maps they provide. I appreciated that. Their General Store had the most reasonable/fair prices in town. The only place that had cheaper Glacier Park shirts was the Kalispell K-Mart, and those were so low quality moths wouldn't eat them. On the other hand, the shops *inside Glacier Park had instances of price gouging ($29.99 GNP ballcap?). I noticed the Glacier General Store emphasizing supporting local artisans, which is respectable considering the average per capita income in the area is low. I did not see local artisan support in 90% of the other gift shops. Moreover, Chuck and Jori have a deep appreciation for Glacier National Park, as well as the Clark/Flathead National Forests around their property. It comes from Chuck's decade plus experience as a tracker. They care and are concerned about the future of the area. You won't feel like your dealing with a used-car salesperson.

Lastly, they have this dog, part-Lab, part something else, named Buddy-Bear. He is the sweetest, most loving, friendliest dog west of the Mississippi. The owners rescued him from the Joplin Tornado. I spent 2 hrs petting this dog throughout my stay. He made my headache go away from trying to hike 3 trails in one day. If you choose not to stay in the cabins, at least visit the General Store and pet this wonderful, gentle soul, 'hambone' dog. He will lower your high blood pressure 20%.

I will definitely be back here. My only negative about this place is I had such a great time on my last night I started dreading going back to work in the Midwest. Even today, a week later, I think about this place and constantly ask myself "What am I doing here?". If you want the 5 star Ritz-Carlton experience with fine dining and waiters who use crumbers, look someplace else. If you want to the authentic, down-home, Rocky Mountain experience close to Glacier Park at a very reasonable fair price, book here. The other individuals, young adults, old couples, and families, citizens and foreigners we met also staying at the cabins during Chuck and Jori's evening camp fire were enjoying themselves as well. Everyone was having a good time.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank mark p
PA
Reviewed September 13, 2013

Let me start off by saying that Chuck, and Jori, were the friendliest, most welcoming people you can imagine! The room was the nicest we stayed in on our trip. We stayed in the Bluebird Suite, it was so beautiful, a large and cozy king sized log bed, microwave and mini fridge, and the bathroom was beautiful. Everything was spotless. Definitely check out the beautiful photographs they have in their store, they are beautiful. And don't forget to say hi to Buddy! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank bnb88
Reviewed September 11, 2013 via mobile

It's obvious the owners take pride in their business at the Glacier General Store & Cabins! Everything had been thought of & provided for guests. These cabins were clean as a whistle & such a great value so close to the park. Chuck, Jori & Buddy Bear helped make our weekend in Glacier very special. Thanks again!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank MTRuby
Kansas, USA
Reviewed August 18, 2013

We have traveled over three thousand miles on our trip west. Glacier National Park has been the highlight of our trip so far. The cabins at Glacier General Store and Cabins helped make it so. Very comfortable beds, full kitchens, hot showers, very freindly staff and of course Buddy Bear. Chuck is really knowledgeable about the whole area. Following his advice we saw elk, deer, and bears. We highly reccomend Glacier General Store and Cabins.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank carlton100c
Onalaska, Texas
Reviewed August 8, 2013

Don't know that Chuck and Jori need another rave review but I can't help adding ours. We spent 10 days in our comfortable cabin and on one rainy day, we stayed in the whole day. The cabins are clean and the beds are comfortable. We like to eat in so the kitchen was a big plus. And the bathroom is large and well designed. We enjoyed our daily happy hour and dinner on the front deck. The hosts are quick to respond to any request and go out-of-their-way to make us feel at home. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bette R
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Perhaps the most friendly, comfortable, convenient, and fun stay we had over our three week trip across the northwest, this is the place we will be staying if we're anywhere even close to Glacier again. Cabins were large, clean, and had all the amenities. The nightly campfire was a great way to swap stories with the owners and other guests, and spend some quality time with old man Buddy Bear. Chuck and Jori became instant friends and made the entire trip that much more enjoyable. Don't stay anywhere else if you can help it.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Bcohen13
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coram
Belton Chalet
#2 of 7 in Columbia Falls
Meadow Lake Resort
Meadow Lake Resort
#1 of 4 in Columbia Falls

Been to Glacier General Store and Cabins? Share your experiences!