“Counrty Charm”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cooke City
Cooke City High Country Motel
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Cooke City
“Counrty Charm”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Awesome place to stay. Fun & relaxing! Breathe taking views. Our family of four had been on the road for six days traveling, visiting friends & family throughout Utah & Montana and taking the long way to Yellowstone. We had no reservations anywhere. We just drove until we needed to stop. Drove into Cooke City not knowing where we're going to stay and meet Brandon the new owner of High Country Motel. He was awesome and friendly. Planned on one night, ended up staying two. Great deal. Only minutes away from Yellowstone. No cell phone service anywhere in town, High Country had free Wifi. The bon fire was fun. Hot tub amazing after hiking through Yellowstone. Rooms where like staying at Grandma’s house without the knick knacks, great country charm, clean and comfortable. We would stay there again for sure!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Billings, Montana
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Stayed at the high country the other night and it was great! The staff was very friendly and helpful with all our questions about the area. Our room was very clean and comfortable in such a beautiful area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The owner was really friendly, and we had a lot of fun hanging out by the teepee. Room was comfortable, hot tub was great, and as I said, people were really friendly. Its not the fanciest place around, but it was exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank spenceguy
Brussels, Belgium
Reviewed May 27, 2013

First of all Cooke city is located in a spectacular setting, and is the perfect place to explore the Lamar valley and Northeast of Yellowstone.

We stayed at the High Country one night in late May (low season).
Benji (owner or staff?) was a really nice guy, very laidback and easy going. We got upgraded to even better rooms, very large, one of them with a kitchen and a great fireplace !
In the morning we came back at checkout time from early-morning wildlife watching , but he said it was no problem if we checked out later so we could first have breakfast in Silver Gate.

The rooms were not brand-new, but were nice, very large and the beds are very clean. It was a very enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: The room that is closest to the street (7 or 8?) is very nice with a kitchen and a fireplace. We had...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bozeman, Montana, United States
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We travel to Cooke City a few weekends in the winter/spring to do some skiing, and this is the only place we stay. Lounging in the outside hot tub, looking up at Republic Peak, Town Hill, and the Fin after a long ski tour is my little slice of heaven. We have stayed in a refinished room and one of the cabins, and they were both well maintained and clean. To all the whiners on here: this isn't the Super 8 off the highway-there's no maid cart with fresh towels to come clean your room every day-but Benji, the solo employee who maintains this place day in and day out on his own, is there to take care of anything you need. This is the motel experience I wish was in every small town in Montana. Rumor has it they won't be open next winter, and we are already worried about where to stay in Cooke on our ski trips! Thanks for the great spot!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Moose M, Owner at Cooke City High Country Motel, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Hey, We have no intention of closing next winter, so no worries. Benji does rock and we are sorry he won't be there anymore, but has assured us he will be popping in from time to time to help out. My husband and I will be taking the helm. I am glad that you like the Motel because we love it and we will see you next winter, Paige, owner
Bozeman, Montana
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I've been travelling all over Montana since coming into retirement and nothing beats hitting the open road with very little set plans. This mentality settled me right into Cooke City for the first time years ago during one of my short trips to see the Beartooths. I decided to try out the High Country, I think I'm just predisposed to like small rustic cabins over the alternative big box hotels. Anyway, my instincts did not disappoint. The rooms were clean and comfortable, while the staff was present at a moments notice and very knowledgeable of the immediate area. This is what has kept me coming back to the High Country every time I venture back through Cooke City.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank Mark R
West Michigan
Reviewed September 12, 2012

I traveled through yellowstone this past weekend and had the pleasure of staying here. I did a little poking around in the city before settling on the high country. What sold me was how helpful and courteous the staff was. They reassured me that if i needed anything they would provide it to me. They also suggested some local spots for good food and drinks. I stayed in one of the cabins, and it was very clean and orderly, not to mention the beautiful views of the surrounding mountains that it provided. Overall, i know that if I come back to Cooke City, I will be staying with the high country.

Room Tip: If going solo, or with a partner the cabins are awesome!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
#2 of 17 in Yellowstone National Park
Super 8 Cooke City Yellowstone Park Area

Been to Cooke City High Country Motel? Share your experiences!