“Is this our cabin or the city dump?”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cooke City
Antlers Lodge Cooke City
Claxton, Ga
“Is this our cabin or the city dump?”
Reviewed August 19, 2007

I always read trip advisor before traveling and it has been a great tool. Some how I missed this one. We booked one night at the Antler Lodge for our tour around Yellowstone and Beartooth Hwy. . I called several months ahead and booked two cabins. We had friend traveling with us. A week before I called ahead, as we were in a drought and heat wave at home, to inguire about air conditioning.. The man answering the phone was very short with me to the point of being rude.
We arrived that afternoon and were frightened at the sight of the place. It looked like it should have been condemed. Porches leaning, concrete porches broken and slanted. Our friend toilet was at an angle but I told them not to worry it was only two inches fron the wall so they couldn't possibly fall off. The only choice we had was to stay as every thing else in town was full. By the way there is a very nice Super 8 next door.
When my husband registered he came back to the car saying "Wow that man in there has no personality ,he is rude". It looks like they are attempting to fix the place up but they have a long way to go. Maybe in another couple of years it will be more acceptable. Let the pictures say the rest.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Sewer smell in room.
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank hardwareace

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Mooresville, NC
Reviewed July 22, 2007

Made reservations five months in advance. I even did a follow up call a week before arrival. Asked if they had restaurant. They said yes. I guess I should have been more specific and asked if it was open. It was not! Home page describes cabins as "historic." I would say more like "decreaped." Almost knocked myself out due to porch not being attached to cabin. Cabin roof line was sagging. Bathroom floor had severe forward lean. Shower was so small you had to get out, rotate, and get back in to rinse. Power outlet was not attached to wall and just hanging out beside commode. No GFI circuit. Great way for small child to be electrocuted. Think of Bates Motel and you get the idea. I truly think if the MT Health Department did a check of this place they would have to close it down. Very unfriendly and "could careless" attitude of owners. Cooke City is on the "Avoid" list from now on. No one in the town was very friendly.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everyting
  • Stayed July 2007, traveled with friends
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
#2 of 17 in Yellowstone National Park
Super 8 Cooke City Yellowstone Park Area

Been to Antlers Lodge Cooke City? Share your experiences!