“Little gem of a place”
Review of Cooke City Alpine

Cooke City Alpine
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Cooke City
Reviewed September 2, 2014

We stayed here on our first and last night visiting Yellowstone. The place is small and comfy offering excellent views (if you step outside into the parking lot), free Wi-Fi (which was a must for posting pictures and checking social media) and the owners were super friendly. If you're looking for an upscale place, this is not it but it's uber clean which is what really matters when traveling.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Chelzie

Reviewed August 28, 2014

It was clean, basic, no frills, and kind of small. There was a small fridge. Only a double bed. The door could be opened very easily from the outside even when it was locked. Across the street there was a token-operated washer available to guests. You buy the tokens from the Alpine's owner. I would be ok with staying here again, but I might see what else is available first.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mickyrouten
Reviewed August 26, 2014

I often wonder what people expect reading other reviews! Cooke city is a "cool" rustic small town in Montana. Anyone expecting the Hilton should not come to Cooke city. That is whats we like about it....you won't find the Hilton here or any other foo foo establishments! Accommodations are basic! I have stayed at 4 locations in Cooke city over the years and found the Alpine to be my second favorite. The rooms are large enough, clean enough, quiet enough and comfortable enough for anyone staying unless they expect the Hilton. We stayed in suite 3 which was very spacious and worth the additional cost over a 2 bed room.
Chill you are here for the scenery and local flavor, not the down feather comforter and "bath and body works" toiletries. Not everything in life needs to be planned and perfect. Smell the pine air. Watch a wolf run. See a chipmunk scamper across the road. Watch the sunset slow with the Alpine glow then go to bed and sleep like your supposed to when your not stressed about work or some international incident you can't control anyway.
Oh the TV wouldn't work in room 3.....possibly my fault. Who cares you have plenty time to watch TV when you get back in the rat race.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank ken w
Reviewed August 21, 2014

We enjoyed our stay for many reasons. The staff is kind and very helpful. The rooms were spacious for all of our family/traveling gear. We loved to location as well. We splurged and got the apartment sized room for a night so we could all catch up on sleep and it was very spacious and quiet.

• Stayed: August 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Melissa I
Reviewed August 8, 2014

outside lights dont work, one inside bulb was burned out, entrance door knob loose and could be pulled out of the door about 1 inch (there was a inside only dead bolt for use when you were in the room , but room was not secure when you left it to go somewhere else). seems the person cleaning the room would notice some of these things.
staff was ok, no problems, room was clean, tv worked, had a heater in the room. easy to fix up some of this stuff.
wifi did not work in about 1/2 the rooms distance away from the office

Room Tip: cant say. maybe toward the front
Reviewed July 28, 2014

I and my 80 year old dad stayed here on 7/23/2014. I had read a couple of negative reviews, but I shouldn't have been concerned. This is a very nice and clean property run by a man and his family. My dad is very finicky, but he agreed the room was clean, the beds were comfortable, everything worked, and security was no issue. At checkout, I talked at length with the proprietor, who is originally from France. He was a very friendly gentlemen, and as it turns out, a foodie like myself. He told me about the efforts in making everything from scratch at their Bistro restaurant across the street. Unfortunately we didn't eat there, but we would have if I'd had the conversation the day before. The next time I go to Cooke City, this is where I'll stay.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

Now there isn't much to do in Cooke City but you can't beat the drive there and the scenery! The Cooke City Alpine was small but clean rooms. Very dated. The shower handle came off and the shower would not turn off but the staff took care of it very quick! The lady at check in was not the friendliest. Not what you would think in a small town. They say they have wi-fi but it does not work and the staff did not want to help rectify the situation. The parking is very tight. Had to park a little ways from our room. Right in town so close to restaurants!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Cooke City
Soda Butte Lodge
Soda Butte Lodge
#4 of 6 in Cooke City
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
Roosevelt Lodge Cabins
#1 of 17 in Yellowstone National Park
Super 8 Cooke City Yellowstone Park Area

Been to Cooke City Alpine? Share your experiences!