Super 8 Cooke City Yellowstone Park Area
Cooke City Alpine(Cooke City)
$159
$145
Soda Butte Lodge(Cooke City)
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsceiling fanlamar valleycontinental breakfastthe hotel is cleanyogurtin townbear clawthe managersan early startstay there againnice place to stayone night stayyellowstone parkcomfortable bedsnortheast entrancebisonchecking in
Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

Clean, basic, but spacious rooms. Close to the north east entrance to the park. Good location close to the Lamar valley. Cheaper than in-park options, in a small town. Complementary breakfast is a nice touch.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed May 22, 2013 via mobile

Room nice and clean, Steve was very friendly.

Don't expect much from Cooke City -- very small town, a real step back in time with amazing views of the Absarokas. If the bed had been better I would've been much happier. As it is my back and neck are killing me.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We only stayed for the night but it has been the best room I have had in the trips I have taken there. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the bed was comfortable. We arrived very late and they had our paperwork set out so we didn't need to bother waking anyone, a great plus for me, quick and into the room to bed. The breakfast was good, waffles, juice, coffee, cereal. WIFI was hard to connect to, low signal. They also had towels in our room for wiping off our gear.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank highmarked
Reviewed February 13, 2013

This place is in a good location, Bob's next door is great for breakfast. Clean, nice folks, fairly fast internet - which you will need to Skype becasue there is no cell service...! Soda Butte is still a dive!!!

Room Tip: First Floor
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 11, 2013

My husband stays at this hotel, and while I have never been there, he's always said it is fine. The price is reasonable and the rooms are clean. I do have a warning however if you go during a busy time. I called today to check on my husband's reservations this weekend, President's Day, or the Cooke City snowmobilers' equivalent of the Sturgis Rally. If you have two grown men sharing a room and you want two beds, lie to the hotel and tell them four people are coming. Otherwise, they will shove two people in one bed, no matter what. I got a little bit of a nasty surprise when I called and confirmed and then was accused of not specifying the first time, or worse lying about reserving two beds. It will all work out, but I won't make the mistake of telling the truth twice.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends