“What a gem!”

Miners Saloon
Ranked #3 of 11 Restaurants in Cooke City
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene, Large groups, Local cuisine
Description: Miners Saloon is a full service bar with exceptional food. We have everything from burgers to pizzas to epic Sunday BBQs with steaks and trout. More information, menus and photos of our food can be found on our facebook page, facebook dot com/MinersSaloonCookeCity.
Joshua Tree, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What a gem!”
Reviewed July 26, 2013

I was shocked at the delicious meal that I shared with friends in the Miner's Saloon. We had a salad with goat cheese, watermelon, nuts, and spinach and a side order of smoked trout. Delicious! Then we shared lamb sliders that were to die for! We had to get another order because they flew off the table. We also shared pizza that was high quality. Great food in a surprising mountain bar atmosphere. Kudos, chef!

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Karen R

San quentin
“Sunday Barbeque”
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Our vacation is not complete without visiting Cooke City. Over the years I guess I never went to Miner's as I thought it was only a bar. The girl at the Loving Cup told me it was the best food in town. After driving the beartooth and a disappointing lunch at red lodge brewery we stopped in for dinner. What a treat. While they were running out of barbeque items the pork chop and chicken were great. And the baked potato was heaven. Service excellent. I could tell that sundays at miner's was popular with the locals and we were made to feel at home. Bravo. Another great find in cooke city, one of my favorite places.

1 Thank Valleygirl59
Auburn, California, United States
“Good food in a bar atmosphere”
Reviewed July 9, 2013

The meal that I ordered at this Montana Bar like restaurant was more like gourmet food from a Bay Area restaurant. The salad had all kinds of interesting flavors in every bite. My husbands burger was well prepared and tasty as well. Service was a bit lacking because it was busy and there was one waitress who was working as hard as she could.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Suzanna J
“Bahn Mi in Montana?”
Reviewed June 20, 2013

Our hotel sent us here- funky bar atmosphere. You can examine all the paraphernalia on the ceiling as you wait. Order the special- the chef is a genius. We got the two last daily specials- HUGE Bahn Mi Vietnamese sandwiches with fresh veggies, melt in your mouth pork bellies and.... a smear of duck pate. It was fabulous and I'm so sorry we didn't take a picture. And the french fries were real potatoes and just as delicious. The sandwich was so big we had the second half the next day and it was just as good. I'd go back to Cooke CIty just for that sandwich.

1 Thank KCleveland
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Good service, interesting atmosphere”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We were headed to Yellowstone and had dinner here before continuing on our way. Our niece (who lives in Powell, WY) loves this place. We didn't eat fancy, just some sliders and fries and a nice cold Moose Drool beer on tap. The eating area is great visually. Nifty things along the walls and ceiling. The "casino" is basically some slots behind the pool table. Beware of the framed poster in the rest room: it is quite naughty. Interesting for adults; children may question if they get a look at it. Our server was great and friendly. It appeared she was the only one and it was dinnertime. This is not a large place. While eating, the power went off. We ate by iPhone flashlight apps for no more than 10 minutes as they worked fast to get the generator going. I think this happens more often than not. Make sure you have money, as they don't take credit. However, I did not find this out until I was ready to pay. What would they have done if I didn't have cash?

1 Thank pitufo00