“Poor and slow service”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We stopped here mid-afternoon on a weekday. If the waitresses were not foreign, I would have called them rude and disinterested. Maybe it's a cultural thing. We ordered a BLT and deli sandwich with fries that were decent (actually, way better than we got at Mammoth). Forty-five minutes later, we received our food. Other patrons asked about the long wait, and they were curtly told that everyone had arrived at once and that they were busy. The place wasn't even 1/2 full. The bathroom was small, dingy, and when I told the waitress they were out of paper towels, she did not acknowledge me. Music playing was clearly foreign, repetitive, and shrill.

Reviewed August 18, 2012

Quick service in a quiet little restaurant. Had very tasty big burgers and good conversation with staff about the area. Prices comparable for the area.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

I took a group of business associates up to Cooke City for some fly fishing, ATV riding and to enjoy some good food. I saved the Bistro for the last meal, because I wanted to treat them to a special meal. It sounded good on paper, but in reality, it was anything but special.

THE SERVICE: When we first walked in, some young dark haired girl took us back to seat us. I saw where we were going and asked if it would be ok if we sat at another table, which I guess was the wrong thing to say. I had pointed to a table out of the middle of the walkway, with a bit of privacy so we could enjoy our meal. It was instant attitude. "Miss charisma" didn’t answer my question and proceeded to huff and stomp over to the table with a scorned look. She quickly sprayed it down with some kind of disinfectant and stormed off without a word. Everyone in our party was looking at each other with a "well altiiiiiiiighty then" look.

We never did see "Miss Congeniality" again as our server and we ended up with a new one. The first young lady did however continue to walk past once in awhile and give us the turned up nose and the stink eye. She had the worst attitude of any food service attendant I have ever come into contact with. If a large part of her salary consists of tips, she’s in for a reality check.

THE MEAL: I ordered a steak, as did another member in my party. They were advertised as "16 ounce rib eyes." When the “beef beasts” showed up, they were very thin and small. We had both ordered ours medium rare and both came out well done. It was a long wait to get them and we were all tired, so we figured we would live with it. When we tried to eat them it was like trying to eat a cowboy boot. Both steaks were extremely tough and grisly. As God as my witness, we had a heck of a time trying to cut through the "beef beasts" with a sharp steak knife. When it was all said and done, we both gave up and left a lot of the steak on the plate to head to the garbage.

Bottom Line: The establishment has at least one very arrogant snotty waitress in there, the cook (and I use the term loosely) evidently doesn't have a clue how to cook a steak and you get absolutely abused on the price of the food. They are very expensive, way too expensive for the service and quality of food.

If you’re in Cooke City, keep walking past this place, go two doors down to the Miners Saloon, order one of their yummy homemade pizzas and enjoy the friendly staff and reasonably priced meal.

4  Thank MTFlyFish
Reviewed August 12, 2012

One waitress working her butt off....therefore slow service but didn't upset anyone. Generous breakfast!

Reviewed August 7, 2012

We ate dinner at the Bistro and the food was excellent. Trout and smoked salmon were excellent. There is also a nice little outdoor eating area which is fun in nice weather. The prices may be a bit high for families, but the meals are high quality and yummy. I will go back when I return to Cooke City.