“Beautiful Setting and close to the Park and close to several towns”

Western Inn - Glacier Park Motel and Campground
Reviewed October 18, 2012

I got to spend more time on my recent trip back to the Motel. Mark was great at the front desk and he remembered me from my last stay. He gave me a few great suggestions on where to go to dinner in Flathead Lake. The hotel is well maintained and has a unique charm of its own. The leaves were changing and the mountains looked beautiful. I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would highly recommend staying there if you find yourself in this part of the country.

Room Tip: I liked my room on the second floor away from the office.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 23, 2012 via mobile

This motel is a gem of a find. The staff go above & beyond to be helpful in fact we were so impressed when we stayed here on Sept 10th that we booked a further 2 nights on the way back from our road trip. The rooms have been updated & were spotlessly clean. We stayed in room 39 the first time & we are in room 38 this time. Both rooms are spacious & comfortable. Having a fridge & microwave in the room was a definite bonus. This motel is close to the highway & room 38 is probably the closest room to the road, we didn't hear any traffic noise at all during the night. We had breakfast included during our first stay here - the usual coffee, juice, cereal, pastries - but this te only coffee/tea is available I guess that's as we are close to the end of the season. Our room rate reflected that & we were charged only $65 per night which was absolutely great value for money. Free WIFI was included which worked great for us. The staff also made a big deal about the property being totally non smoking, fine for us but i wonder if they should offer a designated smoking area? Reading the other reviews, I am rather surprised at some of the comments. This place has had a name change & I wonder if that has caused confusion? It's name is actually Western Inn - Glacier Park. Maybe the owners would be advised to correct that with Trip Advisor.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We picked this motel based on excellent reviews we had read. The place, turned out to be beyond our expectations. First, such pleasant staff, both at reservations and at check in. Then, our room was charming--so many details. A nice quilt on the beds. Towels in animal decorations. Small fridge and microwave as well as coffee maker. The room makes it seem more like an expensive bed and breakfast. There is an outstanding laundry facility which unfortunately we didn't have time to use. Wi-Fi. Nice flat screen TV. Telephone in room. New looking curtains and shades for darkness and privacy. Mirrors. Chairs and night stands. Mirrors and nice lawn chairs. And to top it off, a great price. Please be aware that complete name of this place is the Western Inn Glacier Park and not as listed in TripAdvisor. We highly recommend this place and would stay here at any time.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2012

There were so many things wrong with this place, but most telling should have been the line on the receipt that said "$25 housekeeping charge if you check out after 30 min" ! If you have to put that in writing, it's obviously something that's been done repeatedly! This place was not what we surmised from the website, and was dirty and overpriced.
As another reviewer mentioned, when we checked in and tried to put the room charge on a different credit card, we were told there would be a $5 fee since it had already been charged to the card used for booking. Is that even legal!?
We booked this motel because it appeared from their website that it was somewhat of a rural location and rustic accomodation which we were looking for, and since we were travelling with a dog as well, we thought it would be ideal for us. Reality is it's an old motel albeit with a bit of a facelift, squished between a 4 lane highway and a rundown trailer court. We brought food to BBQ, banking on the advertised BBQ "pavillion", which consisted of four very small, very dirty campground type grills, full of used charcoal in a small dirt pit - but hey, it had a roof. The man at the desk assured us that they were happy to provide the facilities for us but we had to go down the road to the gas station and get our own briquets - no mention of the sand blaster it would have required to clean it first. We resigned ourselves to cooking steak in the frying pan in our room - except I had to wash it first as there was so much grease in the pan that I could literally write my name in it! When I pulled out the steak knives there was little bits of ? that I had to chip off after a good soak - needless to say I washed everything before we used it. I actually took a picture of the bathmat because I couldnt believe they were for real - it was the size of a facecloth and had the texture of an old cleaning cloth.........wait a minute, maybe it was the cleaning cloth! Everything about the place looked cheap and felt dirty. If we had chosen to stay at a 'cheap' motel, I could have lived with it, but they certainly arent charging cheap rates and the website, in my mind at least, gives a false impression of what the place is like.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Kathryn M
Reviewed July 23, 2012

The management and staff are wonderful, but hotel needs improvements. The carpet was dirty in the room. The breakfast was very skimpy. The units have two bedrooms, each with a queen bed, but the back room has no television and no air conditioning. I was not aware that I was getting two rooms and there were no other rooms available. The air conditioning unit in the front room does not cool the back room. The bathroom floor was dirty the entire time we were there (3 nights), and the ice machine is in a different building. Probably would not stay here again. Very close to the road and noisy at night.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2012

What great little and charming motel. Hotel staff is very friendly and was eager to assist with any of our requests. The rooms were very clean and well appointed. This is a great gem. I only wish I would have been able to stay when the Tee Pee's were ready. Overall it was a great stay and a great value! If I ever find myself near Columbia Falls I know where I will be staying.

Room Tip: I liked the room that was located on the first floor away from the lobby near the cabins.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank pgr1161
Reviewed August 23, 2011

The incompetent man that served as desk clerk was condescending, rude and indifferent. Our room reservations were for 1st floor and we were given 2nd floor. We tried to pay separately for each room when we arrived only to find that all of the rooms we reserved had all ready been charged to one credit card. We were told we couldn't pay separately when we checked in and there was nothing that could be done. A copy of our driver's license was required. We were told that this was policy and there was nothing that could be done. To paraphrase, "This isn't a perfect world and I'm sorry if it ruins your vacation" How in the world does management allow such incompetent poor customer service to continue as the face of the organization. Once they have your money...which they take long before you even show up, they feel they are allowed to treat you like you work for them. I hope to wipe this terrible experience from my memory forever!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
#1 of 5 in Columbia Falls
Mini Golden Inns Motel
Mini Golden Inns Motel
#2 of 4 in Hungry Horse

Been to Western Inn - Glacier Park Motel and Campground? Share your experiences!