Moss Mountain Inn
$350
Bad Rock Bed and Breakfast(Columbia Falls)(Great Value!)
$229
North Forty Resort(Columbia Falls)(Great Value!)
$289
Hampton Inn & Suites Whitefish(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$125
Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$233
$223
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of $261/night.

The Pine Lodge on Whitefish River(Whitefish)(Great Value!)
$269
$145
All reviewswonderful hostswest glacierwest sideeach morningthree nightswhitefishother gueststop floorgorgeous surroundingshigh speedair conditioner in our roomentire place iswonderful areashort cuteasy accessbreakfast was deliciousshort drive
Reviewed May 19, 2015

Our circumstances dictated that we could only spend two nights with Jayne and Troy at Moss Mountain Inn, with hindsight what a pity. The location is beautiful and sitting briefly in the garden with the sun on my face and closing my eyes and listening to the activity in the surrounding forest was a pinch yourself moment. Jayne and Troy were gracious hosts looking after us with a light hearted and warm manner without being intrusive. I loved the charm that oozed from every corner of this establishment and can't wait to go again. next time I will certainly make point of enjoying the natural surroundings with more intent.

• Stayed: May 2015, traveled with family
mossmtn, Owner at Moss Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2015

We wish you could have stayed longer too! You four were so kind and fun. Thank you for your kind and encouraging words. It is because of people like you that we love what we do here at Moss Mountain Inn. We miss you!

Reviewed May 11, 2015 via mobile

This wonderful bed and breakfast is located in a tremendous location about 15 minutes from Glacier National Park, 20 minutes from Whitefish, and close to multiple other locations. Troy and Jayne are so welcoming and caring from the first minute you arrive. They truly make you feel like it's your home yet provide an excellent breakfast, snacks and a comfortable room! We would return any time of year and stay at the Moss Mountain Inn. Thank you Jayne and Troy for providing such great care!

Stayed: May 2015, traveled as a couple

Thank you Joe for your review. You really hit where our heart is. We want our guests to feel welcome and at home! That is so very important to us. You are missed!

Reviewed February 2, 2015

I’m a terminal cancer patient… It was Thanksgiving, and I wanted to make this holiday a memorable one for myself and my family to cherish. Jayne lived in the same little town of Stevensville, MT that my daughter lives in. I had heard she acquired a beautiful inn near Glacier National Park. I thought, “Wouldn’t it be wonderful if I could rent out the entire inn for myself and my family and for my children and grandchildren to enjoy Thanksgiving all together?!”

I approached Jane in late September to ask if she might be able to accommodate all of us and explained to her what was going on in my life at the time. At first, she thought she might not be opening the inn for the holiday, but after talking with Troy, she thought that we might really be able to pull this thing off.

She contacted her daughter Cassie and her boyfriend, Justin, who is a chef, and asked if they would be willing to oversee and host us and do all of the cooking over the four days we had hoped to be there. They all agreed that it just might work, and work it did!

Six of us flew in from Boston, and my daughter, Renee, her husband, Sean, and my granddaughters drove up from Stevensville. We were in awe of the beauty and tranquility of the inn and of the great accommodations that they had to offer.

All of us had just the right room with me being situated on the first floor so I wouldn’t have to climb the stairs, and all of the kids on the top floor so that they could play and enjoy their privacy as well. The bathrooms were all quite spacious, and there was no need to ask for towels or linens. Everything was perfect, and everyone was happy.

I had worried about my treatment complications holding me back or a snow storm that might have threatened the trip. Surprisingly, it rained the first day! But the very next day came the snow that we had hoped for (for our outdoor activities) and that the kids were looking forward to.

Jayne and Troy helped us secure a rental car and helped us to get our reservations for cross-country skiing and pointed out places of interest along the way. I opted to stay “home”, sitting by the fire and resting up from the long trip. The silence was exhilarating! And spending quality time with one of my granddaughters will always remain special in my heart.

On return, everyone found a comfy spot in the solarium, cuddled up with a book, played games, or played on their electronics, while a soft snow fell outside the window. Justin and Cassie had snacks for all, warm drinks, and prepared one of their specialty meals - elk meatballs with spaghetti - along with a crisp salad and crusty bread. They had even made chocolate mousse for my grandson, who had requested it! Everything was fantastic! It was obvious that they weren’t doing this just to accommodate our suggestions, but because they enjoyed it and truly wanted to make our stay special.

Thanksgiving day, we woke up to a very delicious breakfast of crepes and fruit among many other healthy options. We all enjoyed Thanksgiving dinner later that afternoon by candlelight. Everything was superb, down to the homemade relish and dessert table filled with pies, cakes, and cookies. They actually made a surprise chocolate cream pie for my granddaughter who doesn’t eat much at all! In the morning, after another great breakfast, Justin and Cassie packed up all the Thanksgiving leftovers, condiments and all, and helped pack it into our cars.
I absolutely cannot tell you how much this holiday meant to us. And if it weren’t for the kindness, generosity, and heartfelt hospitality of Troy and Jayne, this could not have happened.

Jayne, I thank you for going overboard in everything you do and for taking time out of your busy holiday season to help us enjoy, maybe one last Thanksgiving together. With all my heart, I thank you for your never-ending kindness and caring.

Mary L. Vaillancourt and family

• Stayed: November 2014, traveled with family
7  Thank Renee M
mossmtn, Owner at Moss Mountain Inn, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2015

Thank you so much for your review. Yours truly was a very, very special gathering. We absolutely enjoyed hosting your whole family and loved seeing you relax and enjoy each one of them. We feel appreciative of all of you for trusting us to host your whole family for this special time and hope that you can ALL come back one day!

Reviewed January 31, 2015 via mobile

This was the perfect place to base my trip to Glacier National Park. Jayne was an amazing and accomodating host with a passion for the area and for making her guests feel comfortable. Located within a 15-25 minute radius of the west entrance of the park, highway 2, downtown Columbia Falls and Whitefish this couldn't be a more perfect spot if you want to feel like you are in nature but still have the perks of being close driving distance to stores and restaurants. The sunrises from my room were something I looked forward to each morning. I would highly recommend this if you are looking for a unique and personalized place to stay that is slightly off the beaten path. I hope to return again!

• Stayed: January 2015
2  Thank Trisbr123

I love that word, Gem! Thank you so much for taking time to write a review of your stay. I know that your time is precious so I feel appreciative of you spending some on the review. I am so glad that you shared pictures too. You have one of the best sunrise pictures I have seen from our Inn! Thank you for sharing and allowing us to use your photos. We truly hope to see you again one day!

Reviewed January 1, 2015 via mobile

Moss Mountain Inn is located very close to West Glacier. We stayed and skied Big Mountain and then went Nordic in the park. Troy and Jayne were very caring hosts. Highly recommend a stay at MossMountain!

• Stayed: December 2014

We appreciate your review and want to thank you for our kind words. In this Glacier region we find that summer isn't the only time to enjoy the park and you certainly made use of winter activities. We hope to have you visit us again.