“Great Breakfast stop!”

Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Waitstaff
Maryville, Tennessee
“Great Breakfast stop!”
Reviewed July 14, 2014

I have been eating here for years and have never been disappointed in either the service or the food! I like it so much that I'll drive an extra 1/2 hour just to eat here. I often plan my trips to have a meal here. I love the breakfasts, eggs cooked to perfection, thick bacon or large sausage patty with excellent hash browns! They even have yummy gluten free toast! At dinner time they offer a bountiful salad bar with generally two hot soups to go with your entre. If you are there on the night that prime rib is the specialty... GET IT! They're home made pies make a great dessert! And BTW all dinners come with a choice of dessert! The restored log stage coach stop makes an interesting sight and be sure to read the history on the place mat while you're waiting for your food.

• Visited July 2014

Missoula
“Great Homemade Food in an Historical Setting”
Reviewed June 28, 2014

This restaurant has a small salad bar jam packed with delicious salads that so often can be terrible if not made by people who know what they are doing. Wonderful homemade watermelon rind pickles and beets (sometimes you find a hard boiled egg in the beats). Fabulous ambrosia salad and old fashioned Montana pea salad. The entrees are simple but wonderful. Hand battered fried shrimp and rocky mountain trout really stand out. Specials change and I love it when they make salmon loaf or chicken fried steak or prime rib. Then there are the desserts. You should try a different homemade pie (strawberry rhubarb and huckleberry and more) each time you come. All this in an historical REAL stage station with all kinds of western memorabilia on the walls.

Great Falls, Montana
“Rude...Rude..and Rude”
Reviewed June 24, 2014

I had heard so much about this restaurant so we couldn't wait to have breakfast here. We arrived at 9:30ish and were told right away by a VERY rude lady that there was a extremely long wait, that they didm;t know if they could get to us. There was four of us. I looked around and there was plenty of empty tables. We decided to wait to see what all the hype was about. 20 minutes later we were told we could sit down but don't plan on getting any service as of yet as they were slammed.....this went on and on, to the point where it was comical. We were told to not expect coffee as the pot was slow, not to expect our order quickly as the kitchen was backed up...The place had a ton of people running around, perhaps they need a lesson in time management and need to learn some customer service. Needless to say the wait was NOT worth it, all four of us were really disappointed in the food, sweet gravy on the biscuits?! No thanks! Never will we waste our time to be treated like that gain for lackluster food....

3 Thank Jamie B
Tucson
“Bountiful breakfasts”
Reviewed June 22, 2014

Brought here by some Missoulan friends, we wondered why we had traipsed 20 miles out of town for breakfast, but then we learned why. Great country choices of breakfast meats, hash, eggs, waffles, etc. Had ordered my eggs over easy, but rec'd them hard ... sent them back and had the correct dish in a matter of minutes. You almost have to be brought here by a native ... or doing some real back road exploring. Worth trying to find.

1 Thank PMJC
Missoula, Montana, United States
“If good country cooking were a mouse, this would be an elephant!”
Reviewed April 11, 2014

Okay, I'm prejudiced as I'm a neighbor, but then again who's a better judge than someone who's eaten in great restaurants all over the world, and eats in this one every Sunday morning if possible..and never had better country meal, never prepared with more love, than Ekstrom's. Make your mother's day reservations months in advance. Homemade bread, pies, and everything else right up to the pickled watermelon rind. If you luck out and are there for Sunday breakfast, don't miss the sourdough hotcakes and ask them to throw in a few huckleberries. Montana at her country kick-butt best. I LOVE the place. Oh, and the campground on one of the world's most pristine trout streams is GREAT. I actually hate posting this review as the traffic is already growing. Wow, I see a car about every hour! Oh, by the way, I've been there for breakfast, lunch and dinner, and loved it all.

• Visited April 2014