“World class fishing experience”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Cascade
The Lodge at Eagle Rock
Reviewed August 15, 2011

Spending a week at The Lodge at Eagle Rock was one of the most memorable guys trips I have taken. The food is extraordinary - Jeff is a fantastic cook and served great steaks, ribs, desserts for dinner and huge breakfasts to start our day. The Lodge itself is wonderful - top end Montana-style furniture and decorations, huge stone fireplace, lots of social area with pool table, shuffleboard, ping pong, and giant wood bar. The rooms are big and comfortable and the bathrooms are massive. There is a nice deck in the back, and fire pit by the riverside. Megan is the hostess and makes sure everyone is having a great time - she's fun and energetic and will make sure everyone has a drink in hand as well as hang out by the fire with the guys, shooting the breeze about the day. Jennifer runs the lodge and is fantastic - she made sure we were all well taken care of, really optimizing for our schedules (versus the Lodge's schedule), and is both gracious and effective in making sure our visit was everything we wanted it to be. Then there's the fishing... I've fished Montana before, but Jason (the main fishing guide) is world class. Not only did he and his guides put us on great fish all week (and I mean amazing rainbow and browns) but he is one of the most personable, funny and witty guys you will ever spend time with. My stomach muscles are still sore from laughing so much on the river with him and my friends. I could go on and on, but the Lodge and the people who work there are a magic combination. I will be going back for many years.

1  Thank Mothra

Reviewed August 14, 2011

We were lucky enough to stay at the Lodge at Eagle Rock for four days this past week, and it was the most incredible fishing trip I have ever been on! Usually, the lodge is great and the fishing is so-so, or the fishing is incredible and the lodge is just O.K. The Lodge at Eagle Rock has it all. Incredible upscale authentic Western feel with insane food and the trout fishing was unlike anything I had experienced before. It is literally hard to catch anything less than 18". You will feel right at home with their beautifully stocked, complimentary bar after a long day on the river. They have it all. The rooms and beds are so comfortable that after a long day on the river, you couldn't ask for anything better. You will get to know the staff while you are there as well, and they all have great personalities and senses of humor. They have one of the best chefs in Montana and you will be blown away by the meals. They have wireless, although you almost wish they didn't. Situated right on the Missouri, the die hards in our group even fished the late evening hatch after a full guided day on the river. We opted for massage! The guides are some the best on the river, have incredible knowledge, and worked their tails off for us. It was the ultimate experience. Whatever we wanted, they made it happen. Already booked the same week for next year! Can't wait! Ask for Jenn or Meghan and they will make it all happen.

1  Thank steve r
Reviewed August 14, 2011

Just had one of the best fishing trips of my life. It wasn't just because of the great fishing on the Missouri but also because of the great hospitality and ammenities at the Lodge at Eagle Rock. The food was delicious (biscuits and gravy and steaks and ribs were out of this world!) and the staff is so friendly they felt as though they were part of our group. I alos loved our guides. They put us on BIG fish immediately. Every drift felt like the chance at a trophy.
I can't wait to go back next year with an even bigger party. I need to share the fun.

Reviewed August 14, 2011

The fishing was world class, I caught the most and biggest fish of my life, but it didn’t stop there. This team provides the best hospitality to go with the fishing. The lodge is perfectly beautiful and comfortable and the staff assures that it all feels natural and smooth. They are very personable and accommodating. The food is expertly prepared and served. I’m booking now before they get filled up for next season.

Reviewed August 3, 2011

We were lucky enough to be on of the first groups to stay at this beautiful lodge. The food was absolutely fabulous and the accommodations - especially the great room - stunning. But I can't stay enough about the fishing and guides. We were a mixed group and each boat was paired with the perfect guide. Everybody caught rainbows and brown trouts - big smiles all around.
Lunch on the river was a treat with delicious sandwiches (even our vegetarian was pleased with her selection). Evenings were filled with great food, pool and shuffleboard - great time had by all.
Thanks to the staff for making our stay perfect!

Room Tip: Rooms are two doubles in each room. We had a beautiful stone bathroom with a huge shower.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 2, 2011

Our stay at the Lodge at Eagle Rock surpassed all expectations. My husband enjoys fly fishing and I was a beginner. We floated down the Dearborn River and also went to the Land of the Giants. Our days began early with coffee fruit and baked goods available by 7:00. The chef fixed whatever you requested as a hot breakfast and then we were off. We made a stop at a fly fishing shop in Craig and then we were always on the river by 10:00. We fished all day (the lodge provided a gourmet picnic lunch) and returned to a welcoming bar and hors d'ouevres by 7:00. All of our drinks were included. The rooms had lovely tiled showers and comfortable double beds. There is only one room with a bath tub. I will include the menu of one of our dinners: "chopped Romaine salad with strawberries, toasted almonds and red onions tossed in a Dijon and Apple Vinagrette, Seared Pork loin with fresh mango salsa and balsamic glaze accompanied by Basmati Rice and Sauteed Spinach, Vanilla Ice Cream atop a Belgian Waffle drizzled with homemade caramel. Our chef was a wonder with sauces! The guides led by Jason Newmack were knowledgeable and we ALL caught 20" browns and rainbows.

Room Tip: Rooms seem pretty much the same
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank sueq48

Been to The Lodge at Eagle Rock? Share your experiences!