“Pleasant Surprise”

Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Butte
Vancouver, Canada
“Pleasant Surprise”
Reviewed November 1, 2013

3 yrs ago we stayed at a Holiday Inn in Butte and wrote we would never again. We needed a place enroute for the night and determined there was one in Butte, with decent reviews. When we arrived, I said we have been here before and was told of the change. Well day and night. The hotel was made over with a nice touch. Rooms are clean and well organized. Lobby hallways and breakfast areas all clean and well lit and bright. The breakfast is typical LQ, in an organized fashion with good variety. The staff was pleasant and helpful. My one pet peeve is the parking. One half out the front door and the other in a dark area behind the back of the hotel up the hill. There is a secure door at the back, but no luggage carts and the elevator is near the front entrance. A little frustrating, but minor for this hotel. Get the trolley at checkin and finish unloading then park up the hill if required.

Room Tip: All rooms would be quiet due to location
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Seattle
Reviewed October 11, 2013

My husband and I wanted to find a place near I-90 to stop for the night before heading to Yellowstone the next day which is why we chose La Quinta Inn & Suites Butte. We arrived late but the front desk staff was wide awake and eager to check us in. The hotel's computers seemed to be a bit on the slow side as check in took a bit longer than expected.

Any sluggishness during check in was forgiven after stepping into the room. Plenty of room, nice furnishings, bed was nice and comfy after the long drive from Seattle. The bathroom was on the larger side for a standard room and had an attractive marble counter. I hope to stay here again the next time I find myself needing a hotel room in Butte!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank desertgirlmel
anchorage
Reviewed October 6, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised by this lovely place in Butte, Montana. Extremely well situated, nicely furnished and superior comfort beds. I will be searching out more LaQuinta Inns from now on. I had a gorgeous view of the evening city lights. The big plus was something foreign to me - the television had some sort of peaceful evening tropical scene with soothing sounds of the ocean. I was so calmed by this I had zero desire to turn on the television. Really.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank snowbirds259
Orlando
Reviewed October 3, 2013

The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean with a neat decore. It has a nice breakfast set-up, which is more than just a continental breakfast. It also has a Denny's Restaurant just a few steps away from the upper level.

Room Tip: Try to make reservations before arriving in Butte, but walk-ins are aways welcome if rooms are avail...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Jami R
Denver, CO
Reviewed September 30, 2013

WOW!!! I have stayed in approximately 250 hotels/motels in my life and was in total shock with this property. With most chain hotels/motels, if you give me the chain's name, I can pretty much describe the interior colors, furnishings, wall hangings, details of the room. I was not prepared for totally miscalculating this La Quinta property. It was like a very expensive botique hotel. The colors, furnishings, etc. were so electic and gave one a very upbeat, feel-good feeling.
I had a chance to speak with the young, very personable, lady at the front desk, Beth, about the property. Although I have a construction background, I, again , was shocked that the property was a former Holiday Inn that had been totally refurbished. When I say totally refurbished, there was not one single item that I could find that was a reminder of the former property. Even the concrete entry way had been replaced. The owners of this property are to congratulated for spending the amount of money that help to create an outstanding property. I am at a loss to find anything to criticize about this lovely property.
If Beth is on duty, make sure to spend some time with her and to have her share her knowledge about the area. She definitely enjoys her job. Oh yes, did I happen to mention that she is Irish?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank hallacyDenver_CO
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed September 27, 2013

Our goal was to find a place to overnight with our Blue Heeler enroute to Jackson Wyoming from Washington State. Butte was the intersection of our eastbound travel turning South. I'd e-prepared for the possibilities where we might stay and depending on winter driving conditions plotted out hotels. The La Quinta Butte is just far enough off the highway that it feels less harried. The waste on the small plot of grass where guest K-9s relieve themselves was well-frozen - safer for that walk in the dark. The rooms were tidy, Internet was very fast, so we watched a YouTube of Mark Knaufler that was an hour long program without a hiccup. Staff courteous, location great - quiet, all things considered.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Susan H
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Picked this location because of it's high ratings and positive reviews. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Service was very good. Location is in an odd location, which can make it quieter at night. Fresh cookies were a plus. No complaints!

• Stayed September 2013