Thank you, La Quinta! As snowbirds that travel routinely between Alberta and Arizona, we have always avoided Butte as a place to stay after previous poor experiences with hotels in that town (Hampton Inn and Holiday Inn Express). However, on our most recent trip north in early April, we found ourselves once again in Butte looking for somewhere decent to spend the night. We trolled down the main drag, Harrison Avenue, in hope of something new and then resigned ourselves to another mediocre night at the Holiday Inn Express. Imagine our surprise when our GPS took us straight to the door of a La Quinta Inn.
We were warmly greeted by Eric who explained that La Quinta had taken over the old Holiday Inn Express and had gutted the place. So everything was new (the lobby still had the new carpet smell although I believe he said that they have been open since December). Eric couldn't do enough for us, even offering to put on a pot of decaf especially for us, if we were interested. Thank you so much for your kindness, Eric.
The room was lovely, the only negative being the size. It's pretty cramped with two queen beds. But the furniture was great, the new pillow-top beds with fluffy duvets were extremely comfortable and there's free internet included. Also a small fridge and microwave, a new flat-screen Samsung TV and a coffee maker too.
Breakfast was included in the rate and consisted of the usual juice, tea and coffee, as well as hot items (sausages and eggs) and a fresh waffle maker. They even had a small vase of fresh flowers on each table.
There's a Denny's restaurant adjacent to the hotel and I'm guessing it's OK if you like Denny's. But on a long trip it would be great to have an Olive Garden or Ruby Tuesdays close at hand (see Idaho Falls and Pocatello respectively), so that you can get a good dinner before you retire for the night.
This hotel is terrific addition to the sad array of hotels that have traditionally been available in Butte and we would recommend it wholeheartedly.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy sporting events featuring the Montana Tech-Orediggers,Butte High Bulldogs, Butte Central Maroons, all offer exciting entertainment. Stay with us when skiing at nearby Discovery Basin or Maverick Mountain. Whatever brings you to Butte, Montana we encourage you to eat at some of our fabulous restaurants: Land of Magic, The Uptown CafÃ©, Lydia s, or The Derby, just to name a few. In July 2009 Butte will again be the hosting the National Folk Festival, and Evel Knievel Days. Come stay with us and experience the world renowned warm hospitality of Butte, Montana. From the moment you enter our hotel and are greeted by our staff, til the day ends and you find yourself snuggled into our soft bedding featuring triple sheeted beds, duvets and 4 luxurious pillows per bed, your stay with us will be warm and inviting. Choose a standard room or treat yourself to one of our 17 beautiful suites; every room features a picture-perfect mountain view. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, LaQuinta, Cancelon, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your La Quinta Inn & Suites Butte reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn And Suites Butte
- La Quinta Inn & Suites Butte Hotel Butte
- Holiday Inn Express Butte
- Holiday Inn Butte
- Butte Holiday Inn