“Was ok” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Butte
Rich Lake, Alberta
“Was ok”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

This hotel was ok, the rooms were in the process of being updated...I think. The hotel had a musty smell and the carpets looked rough. But the beds were comfy and sheets were clean! The pool was warm but in need of a good cleaning. If you are looking for a value/budget hotel this is it.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
  • Czech first
Fort Collins
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

Stayed overnight on the way to Washington state. It was okay. The room was fine, clean, quiet, close to the interstate. Breakfast was okay, gravy on biscuits was a little thin but they are had yogurt, waffles, and pastries so I was okay with that. They had a nice pool and sauna and a little courtyard to stretch your legs and visit with folks. I'd stay here again when passing through but just know you have to carry your luggage upstairs. If there was an elevator, I couldn't find it but then again I didn't ask the front desk because it wasn't an issue.

Oh yes, we used a coupon that you find at the rest area. They said they usually have several rooms available at the coupon price so we took our chances at getting one even though we were 2 hours away. They would not let us reserve it at that price, it is for walk-ins only.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Greenbrier, Arkansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

We didn't get to the hotel till about 2 in the morning. Very friendly, very easy to get checked in. Clean and comfortable hotel.The price was a little steep for a mid scale hotel.The parking lot was well lit.Security seemed to to good.One of the better hotels that we stayed at on our vacation.

Room Tip: If you can't stand cigarette smoke the help usually smokes outside the front door and it comes r...
Wayne, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

I found this hotel in my Hotel Coupons book. For $45 (!!) we got a nice, clean room with a king sized bed for the night. It was really close to highway 90 that we were travelling on, which also had to do with our choice. Bathroom is pretty tiny but it does it's job! They have a hot and cold buffet in the morning but we weren't awake in time to make it to breakfast. Really happy we went with this place! Very nice staff too!

• Stayed August 2013
Saskatoon, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

We arrived late after traveling for about 16 hours in a vehicle. The night auditor who checked us in was friendly and effecient and even though I was only there for a quick sleep she was quite in touch with what was happening around Butte. The room is dated but you pay for the what you get and cleanliness is all I asked for in which it was clean. The breakfast was disappointing and other than the gravy and biscuits and scrambled eggs it wasn't worth stopping in for. I'd suggest adding some of the basics and more healthy items such as fruit but you can tell everything offered was provided in bulk at low cost. I was traveling with 3 other guys and we stopped an hour later to eat again. Lastly the checkout service was poor, she was miserable that she was asked to look for a bathroom supply bag that was left in a room by a guest. After watching her deal with that customer I decided since I prepaid for my room and had no incidentals on my bill that I would just leave my keys at the desk instead of dealing with her. I usually don't write reviews, but usually I have the perspective of interacting with guests in working at a hotel and not being a guest. I would have given the hotel 3 to 4 stars, but unfortunately the morning of check-out has me rating it a 2.

Room Tip: Away from the pool... there was only one family in there at 7:30 AM but I could hear them clearly fr...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Travelers are raving about these Butte hotels

Nebraska
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Billboard on I-90 advertises "Lounge and All you can eat breakfast buffet". We pull in and there is no longer a lounge which didn't matter. This used to be a large, fancy conference center and likely had a restaurant and everything else that goes along with it. Looks like there is a lot of available space and would probalby make a great place for a wedding reception, family reunion, etc.
The rooms are nice enough and large, bathroom a bit small but, do-able. Beds are comfy. Pool area is large, and well kept. Off the pool area is a real nice patio, with a creek running nearby. We priced around town a bit and this was by far the best price for a hotel with a pool - we're overall satisfied with the value. Staff was very accomodating, with the shift manager insisting that we park our bikes under the veranda - although it was like three blocks from our room, it's still a much appreciated jesture on his part. A few other bikes took advantage of that area as well.
Breakfast was not an "all you can eat buffet". It was a sparse continental with added saugage and scrambled eggs. This hotel is an oddly shaped and layed out interior corridor building so nothing is very close.
Still, I would choose this motel again on cleanliness and value alone - I'm just miffed right now about some of the "misleading" ques.

Room Tip: No matter which room you get your a long way from anything else.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here on our way back to Spokane, Wa. Room had 2 queens, but had horrible caret and smelled like a dead animal. The bathroom was small and the shower was made for midgets, I hurt myself trying to bend back just to wash my hair. The pool was cold am it was an indoor pool, their breakfast buffet contained 4 things:terrible eggs, cold hash, warm milk and my husband even got a moldy English muffin. The floors crack Fromm the people upstairs and the you can hear the dogs bark from every direction. The hot tub was used for a tree holder. They folded the towels fancy that's about all I can say was a plus for the room. I would rather sleep at the rest stops then stay here EVER, EVER AGAIN

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family