“Very nice stay”

Ranked #13 of 15 Hotels in Butte
Boise, Idaho
“Very nice stay”
Reviewed February 5, 2012

I have stayed this hotel few times in past 3 years and I felt compelled to post my review here after this last stay. My room looked like it was cleaned thoroughly and remodeled. I also noticed that the hotel staff was more efficient and responsive to my requests.

I came to find out that the management has changed at that hotel and that explains the upgrades including the positive change in staff attitude. I am glad this hotel finally changed their style given the stiff competition out there, this was long overdue. Reluctantly, I only kept coming back out of habit- can't say that would be the case for the general public. Way to go War Bonnet, you are finally adapting to stay in business for years to come!

Room Tip: Rooms across from the pool are convenient for quick access.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
  • Czech first
Helena, Montana
Reviewed January 17, 2012

At check-in, we asked to see the rooms (traveling with another couple and kids). They showed us 2 very nice looking rooms that were right next door to the pool - great, kids will love this! Got back to the front desk, those rooms aren't available - bus tour takes priority. No other rooms in the same area, so we are put on the other side of the hotel. They said these were upgraded suites, but given the overall feel, I'm not sure they should call them suites. There were still un-level dips in the floor where they had removed the 2 double bed platforms and simply put carpet over without leveling the floor. The fridge had melted Ice Cream in it. And, after getting the kids setup for the pool, we get there and the pool is dark (they had turned off the lights and even when turned on the area was still really dark), freezing cold (we figured about 60 degrees), and the hot-tub was cold. When we called and asked the front desk about the pool, they told us we were wrong -the pool lights were on, and it couldn't be that cold. When I personally went down and confronted the desk worker about it, the GM stepped in and apologized because they had just re-filled the pool and hottub and their maintenance man had turned off the lights because the pool was supposed to be closed. Arghh! Why didn't you tell us this before we checked-in, given that we made a big deal out of the pool!
Breakfast buffet in the morning was weak. Standard fare that should be so much better. and the breakfast attendant wasn't nice either.
Overall, we spent $90 on a sub-par room, with sub-par staff that didn't really listen and then couldn't really help make anything better.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed December 5, 2011

15 November 2011 for one night
Room 145
Located close to the highway - very handy. The room was large with a separate sink area from the bathroom. The carpet had some dirty spots and some of the bathroom tiles were chipped around the tub and needed replacing. The carpet was new as were the comforter, lamps, flat screen and tiles on the bathroom floor.
The room has a full sized ironing board and iron, a table and chairs, recliner, desk and chair, fridge and mircowave.
Everything was quite clean and the check-in and check-out was professional.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
AndreaGustafson, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
On behalf of the management and staff I want to thank you for taking the time to write your review. we are in the process of more renovations and by the time you stay with us again, you should not find anything but smiles, great service, and greater rooms.

Thanks again for your review and we look forward to having you stay with us again.
Billings, Montana
Reviewed November 27, 2011

I travel Southwestern Montana for my job. I stay in hotels 18 nights per month, I recently stayed at the Butte Warbonnet, When I called the hotel upon arriving in Butte I was quoted $59.99 for a corporate room rate. When I arrived at the hotel they told me that the charge was $79.99!! The desk clerk reluctantly charged me the quoted price, When I went to check out the following morning I received my final bill charged to my credit card for the lower rate. The following day while reviewing my credit card charges to my card found out that the hotel charged my card for the room and a charge for $250.00!!! When I called the hotel they said it was for a smoking in the room charge!!! I do not smoke!! The person I talked to at the hotel said she would talk to the manager and call me back within an hour. 3 days later I never heard a word from the hotel! I called to talk to the general manager and the desk person said he would not be in for another 3 days. I just want to let anyone considering staying there to beware!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Butte hotels

Montana
Reviewed October 24, 2011

Had a group conference and no hot water or scalding - no in-between, discusting rooms, peeling wallpaper, musty, heat did not work, dirty bathrooms, moldy food and terrible service. Do not recommend staying here.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank Travel G
Reviewed October 19, 2011

I am about to stay at the War Bonnet Inn for a work conference and the bad reputation if the hotel precedes it. I have heard of people acquiring ringworm and bed bug bites. I am very nervous about my upcoming stay. However I have heard there is new management as well. However the very fact that the reviews are consistent with the stories I have heard does not help. And Andrea gustofson who writes to the reviewers: my anxiety would diminish if it seemed your talk coincides with action. But the reviews do not convey that.

• Stayed October 2011
Murrieta
Reviewed September 15, 2011

Stayed here based on website description. Don't believe it. Carpet has holes. No remodel in the rooms. Molding coming off walls . Bedspread ripped. Pool funky green and smelly. Restaurant? They use paper plates! No elevators. Pink and blue wallpaper peeling off walls. Photos on website had to be photoshopped. Ugh.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
AndreaGustafson, Director of Sales at Quality Inn & Suites, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
I was sorry to hear of your experience at our Hotel. It is our goal to give our guests the best experience possible. We have recently hired a new General Manager and all of your concerns will be addressed as they are our concerns too. Our restaurant does use regular glassware and china for all meals except the complimentary breakfast buffet, however, I will make note of your concern.

Thank you for taking the time to write your review and be assured that your concerns will be addressed in short order.