“NOT A BIKE FRIENDLY HOTEL”

Best Western Plus Butte Plaza Inn
Ranked #3 of 15 Hotels in Butte
Reviewed May 6, 2012

As Best Western is suppose to be a rider friendly hotel, this one certainly in NOT! Every hotel that I've stayed at allows bike to park out front or close to the front doors. We paid for 2 rooms, parked the bikes out front and unloaded. Once we had the bikes locked up and walked back inside we where told the OWNER DOESN'T BIKE TO PARK OUT FRONT ANYWHERE. So we ended up having to park the bike in the rear of the parking lot.
It is a nice hotel but I definity wouldn't stay there is you're riding through, go to the Holiday Inn instead.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends

Reviewed April 17, 2012

No complaints with the rooms or the facility. In fact, I thought it was very clean which is my big thing with hotels, plus the linens were decent. Here is my story...I stayed here on 4/14 with my two daughters. We had been driving all day and wanted to swim in the pool/relax in the hot tub. I walked into the pool area and it was utter chaos. There were kids throwing footballs and objects across the pool, one even hit me. There were other parents in the pool area but none seemed to be connected to the kids who were out of control. The teacher in me came out and I asked them to stop. When they refused, I asked them where their parents were (the sign said that children under 14 could not be in the pool area without an adult and these kids were obviously under 14) they said, "In their rooms." I nicely told them they needed to calm down and they did finally stop throwing things but stayed in the pool area. They just moved into the small hot tub so that no one else could get in it. I left to call the management. They were very nice and told me they'd send maintenance. By the time they showed up, most of the kids had left. One young child was left alone, without parents! The dad finally showed up about 1/2 hour later looking sheepish. I think they were in the bar! Management needs to supervise this area better. Families want to come and enjoy the pool with their kids, and that could not happen with these unsupervised kids running wild.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed April 5, 2012

We stayed one night. Our room was very clean and had all the amenities one would want for a one night stay. It was a cold night with some snow so the ability to walk indoors to the adjoining restaurant was appreciated. The staff were very good and the breakfast was one of the best we have seen at BW motels - lots of selection for both cold and hot items. There was a good connection for internet.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bruster99
Reviewed April 4, 2012

We were especially impressed with the reception we received when we arrived. Friendly and accommodating and above the norm. Glass glasses in the room, which was immaculate. Beds (and pillows) very comfortable and room quiet. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank BarbaraFord
Reviewed March 29, 2012

I used to live in Butte so I am very familiar with the hotel. It is fantastic! They have great breakfast and the attached Perkins is great as well. You get a 15% discount at Perkins if you use your hotel room key! One thing that really made my final decision of hotel for this stay in Butte was- when I called to double check that I could bring a Pack n Play for my 8mo daughter (checking fire codes-- they are allowed, and the hotel can even provide a crib if needed!) the lovely lady that answered the phone at the front desk got me an EXCEPTIONAL rate! Lower than the published rate for AAA or AARP members (I am neither!). I would MUCH rather stay here than the Super 8 across the street!!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Kate W
Reviewed March 24, 2012

I came through this town without a reservation and was taken back at how busy they were. Even though the staff was extremely busy they were extremely patient with guest request. They are given many tools to be successful and they use all of them to the max. thank you again.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed March 20, 2012

We stayed at the BEST WESTERN PLUS Butte Plaza Inn on one of the busiest days of the year, St. Patrick's Day. Even though the hotel was at capacity, the staff was completely hospitable and ready to help at the drop of a hat! The value was out of this world! We asked for a roll-away and it was there within 5 minutes....we scheduled a shuttle for the downtown festivities and the driver was so friendly and eager to help! The rooms were immaculate as was the breakfast bar (which by the way was phenominal!) I would live here if I could!

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family