“Steak was the highlight of our 6 top”

The Derby Steakhouse
Ranked #11 of 110 Restaurants in Butte
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Jasper, Indiana
“Steak was the highlight of our 6 top”
Reviewed August 31, 2014 via mobile

The steaks were fabulous and our service was solid. We sat in the newly remideled area which seemed like an upgrade from the back area. Decor depends on where you sit but overall eperience was good.

“It's a must try! One of the gems of butte!”
Reviewed August 19, 2014

My visit to the derby was excellent from start to finish. As we walked through the door I imediantly was greates by a very friendly and energetic hostess who promptly sat our party of 6. As it was our first time dinning at the derby we had lots of questions however our server was very educated on the menue. She did a great job and had patience for our thousands of questions even though it was clearly busy.for the appatizer we had the wontons served with an amazing reduced raspberry sauce it was perfect to get our taste buds going. For dinner I had the Cassidy which was the derby style oscar New York but they added mushrooms for an extra flare... Mouth watering. Another in our group got the large lobster tail for the size and the price you really can't beat this! The rest of my party all had the 12 filets all cooked to perfect temp regardless of the wide range we ordered from rare to well done. My complements to the chef!! Our plates were promptly cleared when we were done. As all of us were so full when the server asked us if we would be interested in dessert our answer was no but as she continued to describe there cheese cake options we couldn't resist so we ordered two slices to share. Awesome way to finish our dining experience. I highly recommend this restaurant to anyone traveling through butte. This will be a must stop every time I visit.

• Visited August 2014
Helena, Montana
“Great steaks and we won 40 dollars on Keno”
Reviewed August 16, 2014 via mobile

Well you can't beat a free dinner after winning 40 dollars on Keno. Although we are from Helena this was our first trip to the Derby. Well, my steak was terrific. Perfect medium rare and the sides were also good. I will eat here again for sure.

Kalispell, Montana
“Oops.”
Reviewed August 12, 2014

Came to us as a recommendation from a frequent visitor to Butte. All his other recommendations were great, so maybe we hit an off night. When we walked in at 7pm the smell of something burning in the kitchrn was strong. Place wss OK, no atmosphere but fine. Server was welcoming. Food came at a nice pace. The food was not very good, at least what I tasted and saw. Salads were made from the part of romaine lettuce that I usually trim off, bitter, tough and wilted. Tomato garnish looked nice but tasted wrong. My halibut was a fishy and super dry. Side of pasta tasted awful. Corn was the best thing on the plate and it was frozen cobs boiled too long. The specialty bread was really stale. One guest liked his senior meal of pork ribs and french fries. Other guest had chicken strips served on raw spinach mushroom and tomatoed and not yhe best.My husband liked his soup but said his shrimp salad meal was tasteless and overpriced. We went on a Monday snd the grill chef kept sending the flames to the ceiling. Maybe the cooks night off.

• Visited August 2014
League City, Texas
“Tasty steak”
Reviewed August 7, 2014

Went here for a business dinner at recommendation of our hotel. We weren't disappointed. Friendly, attentive service and my steak was delicious. Plenty to eat and a welcoming atmosphere. Apparently popular with locals. Easy to find on a main street in Butte.

• Visited July 2014