“Statue”

Our Lady of the Rockies
Ranked #6 of 30 things to do in Butte
More attraction details
Owner description: "Our Lady of the Rockies", a 90-foot statue sitting atop the Continental Divide is the result of a dream and six years of hard work.With the help of generous donations and a wealth of love and faith, countless volunteers completed a seemingly impossible task. On December 29, 1985 "Our Lady" was placed on the East Ridge to overlook Butte, Montana. The base sits at an elevation of 8510 feet above sea level and 3500 feet above the mile high city of Butte. The statue, lighted and visible at night, is a spectacular sight to behold.
Reviewed August 6, 2013

Ye shall make you no idols nor graven image, neither rear you up a standing image, neither shall ye set up any image of stone in your land, to bow down unto it. graven image (here meaning a carved wooden image), the standing image (meaning a sacred pillar), the image of stone ( a sculptured stone idol), are the three forms of images . The expression, to bow down unto (or towards) it, forbids worshipping before an image as well as worshipping an image. this is an abomination to God.

7  Thank d F

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Went on the tour for my second time. First tour with my wife and we both loved it in 2009. Second tour went with my daughter in 2013 and we love it also. Strongly recommend it if you are in the area . It's got an awesome story.

3  Thank Trucker1234
Reviewed July 7, 2013

If you have back problems, this is not a trip to endure. However, it is worth the bumpy and dusty ride up to see "Our Lady of the Rockies" statute. It is an amazing statute for all to enjoy.

4  Thank Makattak59
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

I recently wanted to visit but was confused that my GPS took me to a mall. Went in to find the gift shop and learned that this was a private attraction and you can only see it if you did the tour. As we didn't have time, we checked out the gift shop and visited the very friendly people working. If I ever go back, I will make sure I have the time for the tour.

3  Thank dillers02
Reviewed May 8, 2013

This beautiful statue sits atop the mountain overlooking Butte, MT close to the continental divide. Built in thanksgiving for healing, this statute has a wonderful story of community. Worth the trip to see it.

7  Thank mld_portland