“I Love This Place!”

Front Street Market
Ranked #13 of 111 Restaurants in Butte
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Northwests largest Italian Grocery and wine shop, Deli, gourmet food from all over the world. Specialty beer, and a wide variety of wine.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have to visit Front Street Market every other month. I live 2 hours away and it is worth the drive. There are so many unique items from pastas, to dips, sauces, chocolate, pickled items and on and on. The frozen Braised Beef Raviolis are AMAZING! So happy I found this place.

Reviewed October 17, 2012

Front Street Market is a foodies heaven. It has everything that you could ever want all in one store. I plan on taking a special trip to Butte to go to Front Street Market for Christmas gifts. It is a little cramped on the main floor but be sure to check out the rest of the store on the lower lever, it is quite large. I love this place!

1  Thank nicbozo
Reviewed October 4, 2012

While shopping in Ennis, Montana, in August, we discovered some wonderful products from the Front Street Market. The shop owner told us that he had recently began carrying the products, which were from Butte, and that they were very popular. We tasted the huckleberry preserves, and they were absolutely delicious!

So, on our way to Glacier National Park, from our home in Idaho, we stopped in Butte to check out the market. To our delight, we found the Front Street Market to be a unique Italian grocery market that carries a wide variety of imported and locally made pastas, sauces, preserves, pickles, and all sorts of hard to find gourmet and specialty items. In addition to the Italian grocery. Adjacent to market is Marla Mia's deli, which has become a favorite spot for lunch in Butte, serving soups, sandwiches and salads Monday through Saturday.

The market also offers a wonderful selection of varietal wines and micro brews. Half of the fun of visiting the market is to roam through the small, aromatic store, with its tightly packed shelves and displays, looking at all the unique variety of products. We really appreciated the vast selection of Italian meats and cheeses, and we found one of our favorites, Locatelli Pecarino Romano, which can be very difficult to find in the West.

The prices are quite reasonable, the service was prompt and personal, and we will be certain to stop and shop whenever we in the area.

2  Thank Albert M
Reviewed September 23, 2012

We found this on TripAdvisor and being wine lovers, had to check it out. Oh my gosh! This place is just amazing. Definitely a must-see if you love gourmet or unusual food items and wine and cheeses. It is quite small and can be cramped in spots, but we thoroughly enjoyed the hour we spent looking all around the store and the connecting deli. We found dried pasta we haven't been able to find where we live, and purchased several fun items along with great wine at unbelievable prices. This is now on our list of places to visit when we get to Butte. We couldn't agree more with the other reviewiers who found this place to be a foodie paradise! Oh - and the service was very good. The gentleman (I think he was the owner) of the place waited on us and made the visit even more fun. We just can't say enough good things about this little market. Go and see for yourselves!

2  Thank FinnsNana
Reviewed August 24, 2012

A colleague recommended I stop here on the way out of town after a business meeting, and I'm delighted I did. It's packed full of exceptional, high-end gourmet brands and treats, home made treats like the pear butter I bought, really the kind of place you'd expect to find in Bozeman or Missoula. I won't ever pass by the Butte exit again without stopping here.

1  Thank Juliane144

Been to Front Street Market? Share your experiences!