“very good....consistant quality”

Front Street Market
Ranked #11 of 110 Restaurants in Butte
Cuisines: Italian
Description: Northwests largest Italian Grocery and wine shop, Deli, gourmet food from all over the world. Specialty beer, and a wide variety of wine.
Reviewed February 13, 2012

Just going is an experience, just go! Dont think about it.

There are newer reviews for Front Street Market

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Great wine selection, best selection in Montana. The lunch is worth the trip. Homemade soup every day, and sandwiches with top quality lunchmeat and bread. Great beer selections, spend some time exploring the foods and sundries for sale. italian sauces, deserts, cooking acoutraments, etc. etc. etc. Just go, you won't regret it.

Reviewed November 8, 2011

The Front Street Market is the kind of place I'm delighted to find. An old house and an addition create a funky, quirky experience. Entering from the porch you find yourself in a crowded, narrow-aisled Italian grocery with all sorts of ethnic foods (not just Italian). House-made Italian specialties like frozen ravioli in various flavors, house-canned sauces, and other treats await. Wines are available by the bottle or case. Go down a few stairs and you're in the Italian deli with lunch specials, salads by the pound, etc. The day I was there I got a takeout lunch of turkey sandwich on ciabatta, soda, chips and a cookie for $4! The bread was GREAT.
At the back of the deli are large cases with cheeses, meats, etc., and the Market's famous Gorgonzola dip, which is to die for. I live about 200 miles from the Market but when I'm going to Butte people ask me to get them the dip and the short, crispy breadsticks, sold by the bag, to dip with!
Jimmy, the owner, is delightful. On my first visit a few years ago, on learning I was driving back to Billings, he packed all my perishables in a plastic-lined box with ice and insisted I have a complimentary "Italian lemonade" for the road.
I always stock up when I'm in Butte and you should go just for the experience, if nothing else. I've only touched on what's available - go see for yourself!