“The place to stay for the Montana Folk Festival!”

Motel 6 Butte - Historic City Center
Ranked #15 of 15 Hotels in Butte
Great Falls, Montana
“The place to stay for the Montana Folk Festival!”
Reviewed July 11, 2011

The Capri is the perfect location for any of the festivals in uptown Butte. Everywhere you want to be is within walking distance. They have a private parking lot, so we felt comforable leaving the car for the three days we were in town. The motel is old, but the rate was very good, and they are in the process of renovating. Our room was clean and comfortable, and the staff was very accommodating. There wasn't any shampoo in the bathroom, so I was glad we'd brought our own. I don't know if this was an oversight on the part of the housekeeping staff or if they just don't provide it. Overall, we were very satisified, and we've already booked our room for An Ri Ra next month.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank JLight7
General M, General Manager at Motel 6 Butte - Historic City Center, responded to this review, March 2, 2015
Jlight,
Thank you for your review of the Rodeway Inn & Suites, Capri-Butte, Montana from a few years back! The renovations you mentioned were completed in mid-2012 with constant upgrades in progress. I'm writing this response now as the dynamics of this hotel have changed dramatically with the beginning of 2015 and as we return to our roots in Uptown Butte and our "vintage heritage" we would love to welcome you back!
The owner and staff,
Rodeway, Butte

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
montana
Reviewed November 17, 2009

Let me begin by saying I love quirky motels. If I am going to stay in a motel I look for a local "funny" looking establishment. Which is exactly what I saw in the Capri. Unfortunately the room was terrible. The walls are painted concrete blocks, the floor is like a damp, wrinkled carpet in top of concrete. The Heater barely worked and smelled bad. I would never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Butte hotels

Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed August 4, 2007

The Capri is an old, two story motel that is comfortable but not great. The rooms are clean and work but are nothing to write home about. However, for the price they are a good value. The older "uptown" section of Butte is being revitalized but has a ways to go. It felt like there was an identify crisis and the Capri is right in there with the remainder of the area. If you want a clean, one-night, cheap (relatively) stay, this is the place. Other than that, it is not a place that I would go again.

• Liked — Clean and price
  • Disliked — Feeling of insecurity
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 18, 2004

WE just stayed at the Capri two weeks ago. they are painting the rooms and putting in new carpeting. I think it is under new managemant. They were friendly and gave us everything we needed. Theyhave excellent weekly rates. They had good soap and shampoo with conditioners, all the towels we needed and coffee with muffins and/or sweetrolls for breakfast.

They are improving from the last time I was there. They are trying to fix it up.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 12, 2004

After staying at the Capri several years ago we decided to stay there again this summer. The place is VERY run down & in need of a good remodel & cleaning . The room even smelled dirty & musty. The rates are indeed reasonable but we have decided that we will pay a little more next time for a decent place to sleep where we can at least rest comfortably without worry of what might be crawling around in our bed .The place really is that awful !!!!!

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Coeur d'Alene, ID
Reviewed December 31, 2003

We recently stayed at the Capri Motel in Butte, MT. During my stay, I was disgusted to find feces and hairs on my supposedly clean wash cloth. That was three nights ago, and, even though we are now home, I am still trying to receive a discount for the room. The management has told me a number of things about the incident that I found disturbing.
For example, she stated that if the towels in the room look clean, after someone has stayed in the room, the housekeeping staff does not need to remove and wash those towels. They are presumed clean. When I told her that that system was not only disgusting, but obviously not working for them, she stated that that is the way it is and the way it will stay. We also noted that the fire alarm had been removed from our room, and with such an old heating system, I hope that the absence of the alarm does not become life threatening to a future guest.

I am writing to you to let you know a little first hand information about the Capri Motel. While our complaints are few, they are major.
Under no circumstance would I ever again stay at that establishment again, and I would never recommend this hotel to anyone. The management at the hotel does not properly deal with complaints, and the rooms are very obviously dirtier than the eye can see. Such an establishment is unsanitary and poses a health threat to anyone who stays in it.

AB