“Standard food but very reasonably priced”

Hanging Five Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 110 Restaurants in Butte
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed January 30, 2013

food was nothing special but prices were very low so that was nice. Busy place on a Saturday around 11 am-

Reviewed January 29, 2013

This review is rather old, since I've not visited the place in several years now (I'm a local). Why? Because of being ignored- on two occasions- by wait staff, when I'm sitting right in front of them at the counter. I guess even though I'm right in front of them, I need to wave my arms or light a cigarette to get their attention. On the second occasion, the waitress gave me a glass of water and a menu and then disappeared for at least 10 minutes- this is when I left. I think she decided it was smoke break time. I think it might make a difference if you sit at a table with lots of people, because that makes them see dollar signs. I would avoid this place, since there are WAY better choices for simple food in this town with tons more character. This place has the same basic vibe as a Country Kitchen, but with inconsistent (at best) service.

Reviewed December 18, 2012

Close to highway--easy to get to. Can take your time eating or get in and out quick. Good food--chef salad is excellent. Has a Casino.

Reviewed November 26, 2012

The Hanging Five is a local favorite, and I can understand why. The food is decent priced, edible, and the staff is friendly and efficient. But if I'm looking for a restaurant, I want something better than just eh. And, unfortunately, the Hanging Five doesn't offer any particular reason to return.

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I was here in the morning following a stay at a less than clean hotel nearby, where we decided to forgo the breakfast given the conditions of the room and grounds. The portions were reasonable, cooked correctly, and the service was prompt and efficient. My 16 month old daughter left a bit of a mess on the floor (pancakes and such), but the waitresses were quite friendly about it. I would come back again.

Been to Hanging Five Restaurant? Share your experiences!