“Noisy Truck Parking, Maintenance Issues”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed August 10, 2014

I stayed here for a few nights in May 2014. The rooms are very clean, and the breakfast is one of the best I’ve ever had at a motel.

I had problems with two different rooms, however. I was in a north-facing room, and a trucker parked overnight in the Wal-Mart parking lot directly outside my window. The idling truck was loud enough to be a serious nuisance, even with the window closed. I complained to the front desk, but they said they couldn’t do anything since the truck was on Wal-Mart property. They provided me with another room on the opposite side of the hotel, which meant packing up all my belongings and moving at 10:30 p.m.

I discovered the next day that the toilet in the new room (#323) was barely working. The maintenance man tried unsuccessfully to fix it. The window was also stuck open, but this was my last night and I didn’t feel like moving again.

Hotel management should be in contact with Wal-Mart management and the police to prevent truckers from using the parking lot as a truck stop. After all, the hotel’s purpose should be to provide hotel guests with a comfortable and relaxing place to rest, not to provide truckers with free parking.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
ComfortInnBozeman, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2014

Thank you very much for letting me know this to give us an opportunity to improve - I will talk with the store director at Wal Mart to find a resolution to this.

Reviewed July 31, 2014

Made this reservation months before arriving on vacation and found the CI only a few miles from the airport. Greeted by a pleasant and helpful staff making the check in stress free. The room was very clean and showed no signs of excessive wear and tear. All the advertised room amenities were accounted for and towels were well stocked. Did not use the pool or fitness equipment but these appeared well cared for. Next to Walmart and plenty of dining options within an easy walk. Easy access to the highway as well. A very comfortable stay!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bernmtndog
ComfortInnBozeman, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2014

Thank you very much for the positive feedback - hope we did our part to make your vacation stress-free!

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

The rooms were great, very comfortable beds and breakfast was wonderful. The staff, including housekeeping were very nice and helpful. We even had a gentleman that worked there help my mom into the car and close her door for her, while wishing us a safe journey. Highly recommended! !!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
ComfortInnBozeman, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 21, 2014

Thank you very much for the positive feedback - I hope your journey was a safe one...

Reviewed July 15, 2014

This hotel is very basic, but is clean and comfortable with great staff. The room is large and very clean, but basic, no fridge/microwave, very small washroom. Beds are ok, good pillows. Pool is large and well kept. Breakfast was ok. There were tour buses staying at the hotel while we were there and they cleaned out the breakfast and the staff couldn't seem to keep up with supplying more. Overall, nothing bad about the hotel, but nothing great.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
ComfortInnBozeman, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2015

Thank you very much for the feedback...

Reviewed July 2, 2014

First the good: The room was clean and the hotel seemed nice enough. We arrived at 2:00 am after a flight delay and the person at the front desk seemed more like a watchman than someone who knew how to check people in.

Next My mistake: I had researched hotels near the Bozeman airport and this one came up. I failed to see that it was 8 miles away and that the Bozeman airport is really at Belgraged. However, my research showed it had a shuttle. We planned to fly in and then shuttle to hotel and pick up a car in the morning. I noticed that their shuttle cutoff was 11:00pm, the time when our flight was set to land. I called and asked what would happen if we were late. I was told to call them with our arrival time and they would pick us up. I should have moved to a different airport.
Next the delay: Our arrival was delayed by 3 hours and we did not arrive until 2am. I called them around 10 with that information and was told I'd need to take a taxi as they would be done driving by then. That was fair I thought, and how much would a taxi cost anyway?
Finally the Taxi: We shared the taxi ride with another couple and the bill for the 9 mile trip was $37. No offer to split the two rides that I could tell. It was late and I wanted to sleep.

Summary: this hotel is not near the airport. If you're late it will cost you $37 to get to it. If you're arriving late, I recommend the hotels at the airport (actually Belgrade) they had shuttles running at 2 am, but then so did a couple other hotels in Bozeman.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Purdue_Paul

Thank you very much for the feedback...

Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were passing though Just needed a bed and breakfast. Check in was quick and friendly. The room was clean, wifi strong, quiet, and spacious. Breakfast was good with cereal, toast, make your own waffles, yogurt and juice/coffee. The eggs lacked flavor and the pork patties (ham??) didn't look that great. The Tip jar in the corner was borderline tacky. No time for the pool or exercise equipment. Overall a nice place to spend the night,

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
ComfortInnBozeman, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide the positive feedback, as well as the constructive criticism. We will use this to improve the experience for future guests, hopefully you will be one of them!

Reviewed June 3, 2014

With a wonderful staff, check in was actually fun after a long day on the road. Our room was spotless and had a great shower. The location was quiet, I never heard a thing. I'd stay here anytime ! A great memory of our trip.

Room Tip: Stay away from the area near the breakfeast room. Unsupervised kids are load in the AM.