“Beyond Expectations!”

Ranked #21 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Missoula, Montana, United States
“Beyond Expectations!”
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I co-organized a conference/workshop at the Comfort Inn Bozeman for 3 days at the beginning of November 2011. All I can say is wow, glad that I picked to host the event here. First of all, the hotel was really easy to deal with and get firm details on how much it would cost and how many rooms we needed to fill to get certain privileges to conference facilities. Amanda was my contact and she was really great about getting back to me when I had questions. The price was definitely right for keeping it "real" for my organization's budget (and the conference facilities included basic A/V equipment). The rooms are typical of what you'd expect at any mid-range hotel: clean, basically-appointed, everything works (e.g., TV, HVAC, toilet), and the shower water was hot every morning. I slept pretty well, for whatever that's worth (firm-ish mattresses). The breakfast isn't anything to shout about, but the breakfast room caretakers kept the place sufficiently stocked with food for hotel guests (and there was plenty of hot coffee available throughout the day). The conference facilities provided ample space for our conference attendees (~75) and they gave us a great deal of support that I didn't expect. I have to give a shout out to Ken (facilities manager/customer service extraordinaire) for the facilities support that was well beyond anyone's expectations. Every morning, there was fresh brewed coffee waiting for attendees in the conference facility. Every morning, Ken was there to help troubleshoot any lighting, sound, or visual problems. Every evening, Ken and his staff took care of our conference rooms, keeping them clean and uncluttered. The whole organizing committee was so impressed with Ken that we gave him a handsome tip; something I've never been compelled to do naturally in prior similar circumstances. The facilities themselves weren't exactly ideal because of somewhat low ceilings and our using a projection screen, but the facilities would be perfect for a trade show or wedding reception.

BOTTOM LINE: Comfort Inn Bozeman is a great place to have a conference, a great place to stay, a great value, and their customer service sets them apart.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
ComfortInnBozeman, General Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 13, 2015
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Bakersfield, California
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We enjoyed our night here. The pool and spa felt great after a long day on the motorcycle. The gals at the front desk were very nice and helpful. We chose the 3rd floor, kinda tired of listening to everyone walk around above us, so was nice and quiet. As far a breakfast went, was the usual, loaded with carbs, scrambled eggs, fruit, but no meat. They even have a cookie and coffee happy hour in the evening.

1 Thank MadDog25
Wisconsin
Reviewed September 30, 2012

This seemed to be a pretty typical Comfort Inn. Not great but not terrible. The room we were in definitely needed new mattresses on the beds as the ones presently there were lumpy and uneven and obviously well-used. The room had no extra reading chair and was very average in its amenities. It seemed to be clean and had the basics, so not the worst place to stay. The TV was good and had a good channel selection.

Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
UK
Reviewed September 25, 2012

we stayed here after travelling for 23 hours, were picked up by shuttle bus at airport and quick drive to hotel - friendly reception and comfortable rooms. Breakfast the standard offering but plenty of it and all fresh so very acceptable. Have stayed here before and always good experience.

1 Thank brittravelUk
VA
Reviewed September 20, 2012

The hotel room seems to be renovated lately, very clean. The bed was comfortable. The breakfast was amazing, fruit, yogurt, egg, etc. The pool looks very nice. We got there late and did not have time to check it out. The 1st floor is kind of on the half basement level which made me feel a little weird. There is a Walmart super center next to the hotel, which is very convenient. Overall, it's a pretty nice hotel.

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

A good inn with very clean rooms, comfortable beds and just the perfect place to end our vacation before leaving Montana. Check in was a breeze. Very good internet service with multiple comfort inn hotspots to pick. Definitely recommend it.

Stayed September 2012
Windsor, Canada
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I find it difficult to understand that a large hotel chain is rendered helpless when their computer crashes. This is what happened at the Comfort Inn Bozeman, Montana on Aug 31, 2012. My son travelling for 12 hours from Seatle, Washington to Champaign, Illinois called me while in route to help him book a hotel. We decided that his best chance was in Bozeman or Livingston Montana. I called the international Choice hotels number and they informed me that after midnight you need to call the hotel direct and online was also not possible after midnight. So I told him I would call and set up so he set GPS for the Comfort Inn. I called the hotel and Sheila said that it was impossible to book anyone in as their computer had crashed. I asked if in this case they could take my son's credit number and settle in the morning when presumably their computer would be back up? No - not able to do. I informed her that he would be there in a half hour and would hopefully get accommodation as I had already tried other hotels and they were booked up and theirs seemed the only one with rooms. Once my son showed up they again insisted they could not help him. WOW. - no compassion for a weary traveller. My wife checked one more hotel Day's Inn and found they had one room - smoking left. Not much more needs to be said. I registered a complaint with Choice Hotels and now awaiting an answer.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business