Fairfield Inn Bozeman
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed September 10, 2013

I was disappointed with this hotel. I stay regularly at a Fairfield Inn in Tracy, California and thought this would be comparable. It was not. This is an older hotel in need of paint in the rooms. The floors were dirty in the corners and the nightstand was't clean. I would have overlooked a lot of it if it was priced based on what you get. We stayed at 6 different hotels on a trip to South Dakota. And this was the most overpriced and least favorite. Some we stayed at were older but cleaner. The man at the front desk was excellent and friendly. The breakfast was standard for a Fairfield and was fine.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from freeway and elevator.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2013

We always appreciate feedback from our guests. I am sorry to hear that your stay was not up to your expectations. As regards the rate it is seasonal and this is our height of season for the area being the closest Marriott to Yellowstone National Park and all that the Bozeman area has to offer. That rate is comparable to other like properties in the area. I hope we will have another opportunity to host your stay in the future.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

This was a welcome stopping point on a long drive. Reception was efficient and friendly; rooms were clean and serviceable; parking was convenient; breakfast was basic but got us started. I felt a little nostalgic, reminded of old style motels from an era when motels were efficient but clean and safe bargains.

The presence of a pool could be easily detected in the hallway from the poorly vented chlorine and humidity. There was no fitness center on the premises.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded September 11, 2013

Thank you for your feedback on TripAdvisor. We may not be the newest properties in the Bozeman area but we do take pride in our service and cleanliness. It is correct that we do not have a fitness center on property but we do offer our guests a free membership at a local gym which is much more extensive and available free to our guests 24/7. Thank you again for your feedback.

Reviewed August 31, 2013

The location is convenient. Right off the interstate, next door to the McDonald's and a few other hotels, and less than half a mile from Laser Dash Laser Tag (https://www.facebook.com/LaserDashtag). There is no gym facility available, so they have an arrangement with a local gym for customers to get in free. Needless to say, it's the best 'hotel gym' I've ever used, but also the least convenient (about a 3 mile drive away).

The sheets on the beds are impeccably clean, but barely fit the bed. And by barely, I mean they do not completely wrap over the corner of the mattress, but get stuck about half way.

The staff is courteous and helpful, and the breakfast is exactly what you get at regional Fairfield Inns & SpringHill Suites.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Lori N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thank you for your feedback of the Fairfield Inn Bozeman. Yes, our staff is friendly and enthusiastic. They love what they do and the opportunity to meet so many great guests. Our "gym" is at a distance but we have plans for something closer to our property. I hope in the near future that you will have another chance to stay with us and have an even better experience.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a very standard Fairfield Inn, nothing outstanding about it but nothing bad either although I do wish we had a refrigerator in the room. The hotel is right next to the highway and beside the MacDonalds - nothing interesting in the area. We were on the 2nd floor and could hear baby elephants stomping around in the room above us so next time would ask to be on the top floor. The complimentary breakfast included sausages and eggs which we enjoyed.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for taking time to reivew the Fairfield Inn Bozeman on TripAdvisor. Being situated near the Interstate has it's pros and cons. Easy access but traffic noise can be a detractor to a stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed the new Fairfield Inn Brand Hot Breakfast. The responses have been very positive. Thank you again and we hope to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The staff was very good, but the rooms can be lacking. I have stayed at this property twice now and found that a microwave and fridge are the luck of the draw. My room the first stay had one and then upon returning with groceries the second stay, I had nothing. Needless to say, I lost some food. The cost is also outrageous. If I return to the area I will most certainly find another accommodation.

Room Tip: Confirm fridge and microwave prior to checking in
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Lori N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. It is true only some of our rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. We also have extra refrigerators available on a first come first serve basis, as well as, cold storage in our office area and are always happy to store items for guests that need that amenity. In regards to the rate during your stay, it is comparable to the area at this time of year. All hotels in the Bozeman area run a higher rate during this season. Rates fluctuate during the year and special events. We hope to have another opportunity to host your stay in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

After driving 11+ hours, this was heaven. Always enjoy Fairfield anyway, but this location had especially hospitable front desk staff and well-appointed comfortable rooms. Definitely going to be our regular stop when going west. :)

• Stayed: August 2013

I am proud to say that the staff here is engaged and informative. They love the area we are in and are proud to help people enjoy our beautiful surroundings. Bozeman has so much to offer the traveler and we are happy to have hosted so a positive stay for you.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you like moderately priced properties, you'll love this place. Fairfield Inns are very different from Spring Hill Suites, and one's expectations should be different. About price . . . that is very fluid in the hotel industry, depending on the day of the week and how busy the property is on the day you are there. I've stayed at many Fairfield Inns, and this one stands out as a place which is doing things right. I stayed there on two separate occasions last month and was delighted both times. The entire property was spotless and I was treated as a valued guest. The manager, Lori greeted me personally twice during my second stay. Colin, Cody, and Hannah at the front desk were personal, professional, and seemed genuinely interested in making sure that all my needs were met.

While a reader shouldn't depend on this, breakfast was ready one hour before it was promised which was a welcome surprise since I was heading out early to Yellowstone in the morning. It was the standard Fairfield Inn breakfast and everything was perfect.

It is very convenient to the Interstate, but it is behind a McDonald's and it might be difficult to see at first. I imagine the short distance from the major road makes it a bit quieter than it would otherwise be. Just look for the big Fairfield Inn sign off of Wheat Drive. I'm sure the front desk would give you directions if you're concerned about finding the inn.

This is where I'll stay the next time I'm in Bozeman.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. You must travel frequently to understand rates, etc. We do try very hard to keep our property ready for our guests at all times as regards cleanliness. We are excited to have our exterior renovated and welcoming to all. Thank you again for your comments.