“Standard hotel”

Fairfield Inn Bozeman
Ranked #26 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed August 27, 2013

This is a very standard Fairfield Inn, nothing outstanding about it but nothing bad either although I do wish we had a refrigerator in the room. The hotel is right next to the highway and beside the MacDonalds - nothing interesting in the area. We were on the 2nd floor and could hear baby elephants stomping around in the room above us so next time would ask to be on the top floor. The complimentary breakfast included sausages and eggs which we enjoyed.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded August 29, 2013

Thank you for taking time to reivew the Fairfield Inn Bozeman on TripAdvisor. Being situated near the Interstate has it's pros and cons. Easy access but traffic noise can be a detractor to a stay. We are pleased that you enjoyed the new Fairfield Inn Brand Hot Breakfast. The responses have been very positive. Thank you again and we hope to host you again in the near future.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

The staff was very good, but the rooms can be lacking. I have stayed at this property twice now and found that a microwave and fridge are the luck of the draw. My room the first stay had one and then upon returning with groceries the second stay, I had nothing. Needless to say, I lost some food. The cost is also outrageous. If I return to the area I will most certainly find another accommodation.

Room Tip: Confirm fridge and microwave prior to checking in
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Lori N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property on TripAdvisor. It is true only some of our rooms have refrigerators and microwaves. We also have extra refrigerators available on a first come first serve basis, as well as, cold storage in our office area and are always happy to store items for guests that need that amenity. In regards to the rate during your stay, it is comparable to the area at this time of year. All hotels in the Bozeman area run a higher rate during this season. Rates fluctuate during the year and special events. We hope to have another opportunity to host your stay in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

After driving 11+ hours, this was heaven. Always enjoy Fairfield anyway, but this location had especially hospitable front desk staff and well-appointed comfortable rooms. Definitely going to be our regular stop when going west. :)

• Stayed: August 2013

I am proud to say that the staff here is engaged and informative. They love the area we are in and are proud to help people enjoy our beautiful surroundings. Bozeman has so much to offer the traveler and we are happy to have hosted so a positive stay for you.

Reviewed August 5, 2013

If you like moderately priced properties, you'll love this place. Fairfield Inns are very different from Spring Hill Suites, and one's expectations should be different. About price . . . that is very fluid in the hotel industry, depending on the day of the week and how busy the property is on the day you are there. I've stayed at many Fairfield Inns, and this one stands out as a place which is doing things right. I stayed there on two separate occasions last month and was delighted both times. The entire property was spotless and I was treated as a valued guest. The manager, Lori greeted me personally twice during my second stay. Colin, Cody, and Hannah at the front desk were personal, professional, and seemed genuinely interested in making sure that all my needs were met.

While a reader shouldn't depend on this, breakfast was ready one hour before it was promised which was a welcome surprise since I was heading out early to Yellowstone in the morning. It was the standard Fairfield Inn breakfast and everything was perfect.

It is very convenient to the Interstate, but it is behind a McDonald's and it might be difficult to see at first. I imagine the short distance from the major road makes it a bit quieter than it would otherwise be. Just look for the big Fairfield Inn sign off of Wheat Drive. I'm sure the front desk would give you directions if you're concerned about finding the inn.

This is where I'll stay the next time I'm in Bozeman.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bozeman, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. You must travel frequently to understand rates, etc. We do try very hard to keep our property ready for our guests at all times as regards cleanliness. We are excited to have our exterior renovated and welcoming to all. Thank you again for your comments.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

We had stayed in a SpringHill Suites in Billings the night before for a lot less money and a far nicer facility. I was really disappointed with this "average" hotel for $170/night (AAA rate). For starters, it didn't have an automatic door which made it difficult to enter the property with all of the luggage. The room was average. The bed was too soft for my preference and we couldn't get the fitted sheet to stay on the bed. The breakfast was okay but there was very limited seating in the breakfast area. I felt bad for the dad and his three little kids who had to take their food back to the room because there were no seats (and no tray for him to carry the food). I wouldn't stay here again, particularly for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking time to respond to TripAdvisor. It is great to be busy with the height of season but it also has some drawbacks. One is that breakfast is very hectic and when there are many families in house tables are at a premium. Had we been aware that there was someone in need of a tray or had it been requested we would have happily supplied him with one so that he and his family could enjoy their breakfast in their room. Our breakfast is the new Brand Standard for all Fairfields. I am sorry to find that you were disappointed in the offerings as we have been receiving rave reviews from across the country. Thank you again for responding.

Reviewed July 25, 2013

We reserved this hotel knowing we would be driving down from Glacier National Park and we only needed a place to stay overnight before flying out the next day. We had a Marriott Rewards free night certificate and made the reservation weeks before arriving. There are better choices. This hotel is a little tricky to find, hidden behind another hotel and a fast food chain restaurant. The first room we were given was actually very nice and we should have taken it even though it was next to the elevator and ice machine. However my husband decided to try for a quieter room (big mistake!) The second room we were given smelled like someone had smoked in it, although this hotel is non-smoking. Clearly it needed to be aired out from the last guest. The third room had a sweet-cleaning-solution smell that irritated my throat, but I was embarrassed to ask to be given another room and we were hungry and tired, so we took it. All night long I smelled that awful smell and wished we had taken the first room next to the elevator and ice machine. Ugh. We were using a reward certificate from Marriott Rewards so we left the next morning, happy to head to the airport. Today I got my credit card bill and I see that this hotel charged us for the room. It seems that the property didn't have the certificate on file and instead of discussing it with us, they chose to charge our credit card. Marriott has cleared up the problem and we will get a refund, but I question the management of this property. It is tired and old and smells. The bed was uncomfortable with awful pillows. I would never stay here again. Clearly some Fairfield Inns are better than others.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Me and some friends had a brief one night stay while passing through Bozeman between the National Parks. I must say this is one of the freshest and cleanest hotels along our trip. It was as if the day before our arrival every carpet had been steam cleaned, every window windexed inside and out, and all the linens made brand new.

Even though the stay was short, the staff was friendly and efficient. When you check in late after a long drive, a little bit goes a long way. Thanks! I definatley got props from my crew for picking a good hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends