“So Clean and Friendly”

Ranked #25 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Dallas, Texas
“So Clean and Friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Me and some friends had a brief one night stay while passing through Bozeman between the National Parks. I must say this is one of the freshest and cleanest hotels along our trip. It was as if the day before our arrival every carpet had been steam cleaned, every window windexed inside and out, and all the linens made brand new.

Even though the stay was short, the staff was friendly and efficient. When you check in late after a long drive, a little bit goes a long way. Thanks! I definatley got props from my crew for picking a good hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Auburn, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2013

Stayed at the Fairfield July 5th, hotel was full, lots of families. Only one person working the desk and had to wait several minutes to check in while she was away dealing with a problem.The pool was indoor, small and lots of kids. Only one ice machine on the 1st floor. Breakfast in the morning was lacking with not enough places to sit. Fortunately, there was a MacDonalds next door. I doubt I would stay here again, but look for other possibilities.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lori N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to comment on TripAdvisor. Summer is always a busy time for the area with families traveling to enjoy all that the area has to offer or just passing through on their summer travels. People with families love to have the opportunity to have our new Hot Breakfast that is included with their room charge before setting off on their days adventures. We try to keep the area stocked and allow for people to seat themselves for breakfast. I apologize that you didn't have that opportunity. We hope to host your stay at another time when you can take advantage of what we have to offer under calmer conditions.
Las Cruces, New Mexico
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

Stayed at this Fairfield on the last day of our 8 day vacation to Yellowstone. Of all the places we stayed, this Fairfield had the worst pillows and the Worst bed. We both sank to the center of the bed. It was uncomfortable. Pool is small but ok and access to airport is reasonable. I expect better quality from a Fairfield Inn. We could have picked lots of other places and will look further next time.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Bozeman hotels

Rochester, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2013

Right off I-90, we stopped here on our epic American road trip. We weren't disappointed, but we also weren't blown away. The rooms are totally average and the property is really starting to show some signs of age, a lot of wear and tear everywhere, but the place is still clean. Beds were typical Fairfield quality, nothing to write home about the breakfast was very, very basic, but free, so no complaints here.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Lori N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for posting a review on TripAdvisor.
Montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 5 nights on business in Bozeman. Was not impressed. Staff was very helpful and friendly and the hotel was clean, but rooms and hotel were outdated/worn (some room numbers were taped to the doors rather than mounted and I was scared to use the elevator). Rooms were basic, but at least the beds were comfortable and there was an in-room coffee maker and the internet worked well. The room's A/C however, was very noisy, as was the hotel in general. Clearly they did not spend much money on wall insulation. The first time someone turned on the shower in the room above, both my roommate and I thought a river was going through our room! Could also hear everybody above and beside our room opening doors in their rooms. Complimentary breakfast was a fine - good selections. Pool area was mediocre - small pool right along the main hallway people pass to go in and out of the hotel. Whirlpool was closed off - not sure if that was permanent or not.
Based on the price and the abundance of other hotels in Bozeman, would not recommend staying here.
Would not recommend this hotel based on the price

Room Tip: Room on the top floor are probably quieter.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Lori N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
We always appreciate when guests take the time to review their stay. I do hope that you let someone at the front desk know that there was a noise issue. The staff is always happy to help in anyway they can to make everyone's stay as enjoyable as possible. They could have addressed the people who were being noisy and/or transferred you to another room that was more suitable. However, I see no notations is our log book to let me know that you were having a problem with noise. I do want to address your comments regarding "taped" room numbers. All guest rooms have number placards. There are three in house that are flat while replacement room numbers are being manufactured but we have no taped room numbers. I do not understand your fear of the elevator on property. It is cleaned a minimum of once each day and serviced regularly because safety is always a number one concern for both guests and staff. I truly wish you had let any one of the staff or myself know that you had concerns and we would have happily done all we could to make your stay more enjoyable.
Southern California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed there one night for the road. The staff was very nice and we checked in in no time with the high floor unit we asked for. The room was basic, ok bed (a bit too hard for me), small bathroom, good internet connection, but no microwave and refrigerator. Although when we called to ask about using a microwave, they let us use the one in their staff room.

The hotel has complimentary breakfast in the morning and it was pretty good. There were a lot of variety with healthy choices. Good coffee (The most important thing for me in the morning.)

Although it is not a fancy hotel, the atmosphere was very comfortable and it made us feel welcome. To me, that's the most important thing (Well, besides coffee.)

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Missoula, MT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

We stayed here to help our daughters move home from college. I booked it online. When we arrived it was nice that we were able to check in early. I appreciate that the nice man told us that there may or may not be tv service. I asked if we could get a break on our rate as we paid $199/night, but he said no that we couldn't. Since it was a busy weekend in Bozeman we decided to just stay. The room was clean, but the bed was very uncomfortable. Everytime my husband rolled over I was lifted up even though he is not large. My daughters went to the pool and the hot tub was not working. I wish we would have known about that. Also, they said that the pool was freezing even though it was an indoor pool and outdoor temps were in the high 60's. Sure enough just as the man said the tv channels were going in and out and we only got 4 of them at one time. The breakfast was your standard hotel hot breakfast. I think if the hot tub and tv channels were working I might have given them a 3 star. I felt that the price I was paying was way over priced for the type of room we received and the lack of amenities. We go to Bozeman at least 2 times per year and I think my money will be better spent at their competitors. I really think they should have cut the rate, but instead took advantage of the fact that there were not that many vacancies. Not sure I'll stay again.

Room Tip: Find out if their amenities are up to par.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank RenieT3
Lori N, General Manager at Fairfield Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out a review on TripAdvisor. Having our satellite out of service during one of Bozeman's busiest weekends was certainly less than ideal. Fortunately, for our guests, most were enjoying all of the festivities and spent very little time in their guest rooms. Our pool is monitored automatically and the tempurature is kept at a contant 86 degrees. Upon entering the hotel there was signage that let guests know there was no hot tub available and that information is also available online. By making your reservation online you were already receiving a reduced rate for this weekend. Our competitors rates were much higher. If the bed you were in was causing an issue I only wish you had notified the front desk and maintenance would have happily come to make the appropriate adjustments for your comfort. We are very sorry that your stay did not meet your expectations and hope that in the future we will have another opportunity to improve your opinion of our property.