“Luxury Hotel At Affordable Price”

Hampton Inn Bozeman
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Tucson, Arizona
“Luxury Hotel At Affordable Price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2013

Upon checkin I was greeted by two friendly desk agents who smiled and welcomed me to Montana. I did notice they are finishing a remodel which is concentrated in the lobby and dining area. They have a L shaped check in desk located across from where the new check in desk will be, which caused me no inconvience. Check in was fast and they already had my keys ready and had assigned me the room preference I had requested in my reservation. After dropping off my bags in my room I checked out the room, it was very nice! I returned to the front desk and inquired about local dining options.The ladies working the front desk were very knowledgeable and suggested a restauraunt downtown called Ale Works. The restaurant was an upscale contemporary restauraunt with tantalizing cuisine, and a perfect fine dining experience. After returning to the hotel the front desk agents assisted me with printing my boarding passes for the next morning and even provided me with a bottle of water and swiss chocolates to wrap up the evening. The next morning I dined in the breakfast area and enjoyed my favorite Hampton Inn Breakfast. The two ladies serving the breakfast were friendly and approachable and very helpful. I will end my review by saying I will return to this hotel again. The hotel is lobby is under a brief remodel but when finished will be a moderate upscale luxury hotel with many amenities which are normally offered by 5 star hotels.The hotel has a very proffessional staff who is friendly and could not do enough for me. As a corporate businessman who travels frequently I have traveled to many cities and airports and hotels and witnessed many behaviors with the traveling public. Many people are proffessional and gracious. However many travelers I have witnessed while in airports and hotels and while in public settings in general can be demanding, hostile, manipulative (expect free services for nothing) and unappreciative.It is who they are as a person no matter where they go or who they interact with. Those people look for things to be wrong or a reason to argue or find fault. This hotel offered a superb stay and I will return again and share my review with our travel department.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Thomaston, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

Nothing special about this Hampton. Clean, quiet and les to highway but not close enough to be a bother. Front desk staff always VERY speedy with the check in and that is appreciated at the end of a long driving day in spacious Montana!

1 Thank RedSoxRule27
harley_0101, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad your stay with us was a pleasant one Our goal is a great experience and a pleasant stay with Satisfaction Guaranteed. I hope you will stop by and see us again soon after we have completed our rennovation and as we strive to better our guest's experience.
Austin, Texas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

This hotel seems a little outdated. They are going through a remodel in the lobby... but the rooms are still outdated themselves. They supposedly went through a remodel of the rooms a few years ago. I personally found them with a lot of wear and tear.

More than anything- the management/staff of this Hampton are not professional and are a little rude. On three occasions I witnessed behavior I am sure that the Hilton group would not condone in their Hilton training. As a former front desk worker myself, I was surprised.

Because of this and the physical appearance of the hotel, I will not choose to stay here next time I am in town on business. I encourage anyone to read the management’s response's as a glimpse into this hotel's management practices.

Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Texas101
Hampton Inn H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I am sorry we were not able to provide you with a great experience during your stay. Until I know exactly what management or my staff did I can only offer you a true heartfelt apology and assure you all our updates are for the benefit of our guests and their experience. I am also sorry that your room did not meet your expectations. As far as my staff, they are doing the best job possible in a nearly impossible situation. I have had numerous positive feedback and comments from our guests as to the level of service they have received here from the staff. With construction coming to and end we cannot wait to have our guests experience the new changes we have made.
A TripAdvisor Member
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

I think the hotel should probably have closed down while renovating the main lobby. The noise level was practically unbearable during the day...so I stayed away until late each night. Beds were wonderfully comfortable, their saving grace. Breakfast needs improvement, especially quality.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton Inn H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I sincerely apologize that your stay with us here was less than acceptable. We do have stated on our website that we are under rennovations, I'm sorry you did not see this while booking your stay. The current rennovations are required by Hilton brand wide and hotels do stay open. This is being done to better your experience and we are very excited about the experience it will give our guests. I hope you will give us another chance after the hotel is completed. The breakfast had to be temporarily moved so I am sorry that it was not as expected.
Indianapolis, Indiana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel advertised on the internet that it had just gone through a remodel but in reality it was just going through one. The receptionist was in jeans and working from a card table, holding a puppy, and had friends visiting in the lobby. Room had old furnishings and a cob web was on the ceiling. My room was $115 and was not worth $75. Do yourself a favor and go to the Hampton in Butte.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Hampton Inn H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
I appreciate the review of your recent stay at our hotel. I am sorry that it was not up to your expectations. First of all our website says that were are undergoing rennovation April 1 thru May 31st. There is nothing on there that staes it has been recently remodeled. The employee that was in the lobby was meeting someone that had bought a puppy from her, and at that time one of the front desk had a family emergency and had to leave immediately so the lady in jeans ended up staying to cover the desk. As for our rooms being outdated? Our rooms all were all updated with new carpet, furniture, and drapes less than 2 years ago - most of it happening in 2012.
Henderson, Nevada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 22, 2013

We pulled in after an 800 mile drive on our way to Portland from Chicago. What a pleasure to pull those clean covers up and over after a simple meal. The morning call came a bit early, but we soldiered on. Easy freeway on-and-off, adequate breakfast, friendly service, close to downtown for great dining. Hampton Inns are typically reliable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
I appreciate your review of your recent stay here at the Hampton Inn. We are very pleased that you had a great experience at our hotel. Our goal is to give the best level of customer service possible. I hope you will visit us again soon and experience the new changes of our updated lobby and breakdfast area.
Montana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 11, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable, also quite big (which was great). The bed was SUPER comfy and room temp was easily controlled. Breakfast was ample and there were plenty of choices. Now for the not-so-good: I called twice and requested an upper-floor room in a quiet section of the hotel. Made the same request at check-in. The clerk (who really was quite friendly) said 'you should have no problems in this room' - gave us a ground-floor room on the side of the hotel facing away from the interstate. Great! I was happy until several rooms down the hall filled up with extremely noisy kids/families, and it sounded like there was a rhino above us on the upper floor. We were in town for a tournament and needed a good night's sleep. Unfortunately didn't get it here. Can't blame the hotel for the behavior of their guests, but I sure wish they'd given us a room away from the noisy kids/families.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the side not facing I-90, and the top floor would be quieter than the ground floor...