“Wonderful Hotel - Extremely satisfied” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bozeman West

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bozeman West
Ranked #17 of 30 Hotels in Bozeman
Englewood, Ohio
“Wonderful Hotel - Extremely satisfied”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2009

I am very impressed with the Wingate Inn in Bozeman, and had a wonderful stay. Stayed there one night after arriving from a flight before heading off to a ski trip at Big Sky the next day, and did the same for another night's stay before heading back to the airport for the return home, stayed two nights total. Front desk staff were friendly and professional. Hotel had the cleanliness and great condition of looking brand new. I especially enjoyed the Montana wilderness theme in lobby, breakfast area, and room. I used the hot tub in the indoor pool area and it was clean as well as the entire pool area. Breakfast was great, I frequently stay at Hampton Inns and the breakfast at the Wingate was exactly like a Hampton Inn which I believe is very good. Food was fresh, many items to choose among, and very filling to head out for the day. Location was great, not too far from airport, near I-90, and a short drive to Bozeman downtown. Only 1 hr. drive to Big Sky. I also got this room Priceline for a great rate. I understand the hotel offered free internet service which I did not use, and there was a business center which looked nice, but I did not use., but would have to check the internet for my flight had I had time. Overall, my value was excellent, and I would thoroughly enjoy the opportunity to stay here again, even if I had to pay regular room rate. Wonderful hotel.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
BryceBaker, Assistant General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Bozeman West, responded to this review, March 31, 2009
Thank you for the very positive feedback! We appreciate your patronage and look forward to doing business with you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Shreveport, LA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2009

Breakfast area was clean and well managed.

Rooms were comfortable...BUT, another hotel where you don't have the option to run the A/C fan on all night to help create additional white noise...unless you crank the A/C way down.

Bathroom was adequate.

Front desk was helpful.

It is off of a VERY busy street. Costco and and a regular target are right behind the hotel.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Edmond, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2008

I found the staff to be very friendly, knowledgeable and courteous. The hotel was very clean, the continental breakfast had a good selection of food, and it was very close to shopping and restaurants. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed June 2008, traveled solo
Seattle WA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2007

Stayed at hotel for several days while moving our son into Montana State University. Originally from the area. The carpet had a huge stain on it the first night we moved in. Thought the hotel would clean it the next day. When we came back the next night late - the stain was still there. It was as big as a dinner plate. When I called the front desk and they came in to talk to us about it - we were told that that room had been forgotten or missed when all the other rooms in that wing had been cleaned. I made mention of the fact that the cleaning staff had been in every day and no one had done anything about it. The person from the front desk then proceeded to tell me it was my fault for not calling and letting them know that there was a big stain on the floor. I wasn' t expecting to hear that and I did at that time ask them to discount our room for at least one night. The management refused saying that even if I came into a dirty room it was my fault that I did not immediately complain. People come with
the expectation that a room will be clean when they come in to stay. After driving for 14 hours - you certainly don't feel like raising a ruckus. Otherwise, everything else was great.

• Liked — Breakfast
  • Disliked — No evening sitting room
  • Stayed August 2007, traveled with family
1 Thank kansastec
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2007

This hotel was chosen for me by business hosts in Bozeman. From the outside, it looks generically like the other near-by hotels, positioned to attract business from Interstate 90. They're all relatively new, clean, and architecturally "middle-America hotel" so from the outside it does not stand out much from the others. But I was very pleased with many aspects of this hotel and put the value at A+, especially because the hotel I had stayed in less than a month previously was the very high-end Stein Eriksen resort in Park City, Utah. So I am comparing the humble Wingate Inn to an unfairly tough standard, and it did very well on both the comfort and the especially on the “free amenities” scales. To be sure, you will not mistake the rooms, or the lobby and halls - the "slate" flooring is clearly vinyl - for Stein Eriksen, which is 100% the real deal, but everything is perfectly decently, if not excitingly, decorated; the desk personnel are very friendly and eager to be helpful; parking is ample. Now on to the amenities: the list is truly long, and includes: free use of two computers/high speed internet in a little business center; a small gym nicely equipped; a pool and spa; coin-op laundry on each floor; a very generous self-serve breakfast with differing hot main courses (sausages my first morning, good mini-omelets the second), and many other choices including do-it-yourself waffles, fresh sweet rolls, cereals, fruit, juices, teas, coffee, and so on. One of the most pleasant surprises was the size of my room (easily twice the size of my "deluxe" at the SE), with its view of the Bridger mountains, comfortable bed, cordless phone, helpful instructions for dealing with the mysterious (aren't they all?) bedside alarm clock-radio, adequate lighting, a SIGNIFICANTLY above-average shower head, instant hot water, a nifty nook with a recliner and a good light for reading that was also well-positioned for watching the many cable options on TV, a small fridge, microwave, and coffee-maker, and all the usual stuff like an iron and board, hair dryer, mini-shampoos, that one normally expects. It also happened to be very quiet; I could of course hear people talking in the hall, but not between my walls and the neighbors'. All of this was for well under $100 per night. And I should add, the Verizon Wireless signal was excellent!

The hotel is located just off of bustling 19th, near Target and a lot of other big boxes and chain restaurants, but as noted above, I could hear no traffic noise in my room (though if you open the windows – and they do open!! – you will definitely get an earful.)

My stay was an entirely positive experience, and the Wingate Inn will always be my choice when I stay in Bozeman in the future. I recommend it highly.

PS Sorry the quality of my photos is only so-so, with a big shadow in each of them from my lens hood that I forgot to remove. They should be good enough to give you an idea of what my room was like, though.

• Liked — All the high-quality free amenities that one has to pay for at high-end lodging
  • Disliked — I had no concerns about any of it.
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
4 Thank YellowstoneGal
Menlo Park, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2007

We stayed here for 3 nights in a twin queen bed room from late May to earlyJune 2007. The hotel wasn't as big as the Bestwestern GranTree (another hotel we stayed at and didn't like as much, which had a casino and restaurant on premises), so it was much quieter and private.
The rooms were slightly bigger than average in size and and well- furnished.
The counter staff were helpful with directions and restaurant recommendations (they told me about the Ale Works, which had great food and beer, in Bozeman). A single computer terminal and printer room was available free to guests who didn't bring their computers. The complementary breakfast was much better than average, with a selection of coffee/tea, yogurt, waffles, cereal+milk, fruits, confectionary (muffins, bagel and bread) and 2 hot food items (either bacon or ham and eggs or omlete).
Also on site were the pool and jacuzzi (a little older but nicely heated) and a small but well-equipped gym.
Overall, this is a good hotel for the business or vacation traveler in Bozeman, with reasonable rates and quality. It is our favorite restaurant in Bozeman.

• Liked — Friendly staff, complimentary breakfast, pool and gym
  • Disliked — Distance to dining
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled with family
4 Thank EvanL
England
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2007

Stayed for a week at the wingate, staff fine, gym area tiny, pool dirty, brekfast area tiny and supplies slow and poor quality. room big and fine, clean, bed nice, bathroom good. just outside town but its a small enough town to get about by car, too far to walk. probably would not choose to stay there again.

Stayed May 2007