“Comfortable, accomodating, clean”

Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Wyoming
“Comfortable, accomodating, clean”
Reviewed January 18, 2010

I stay here maybe once a month, and every time I visit I receive consistently welcoming, energetic service, and a clean room. The lobby is well-taken care of and has excellent design. Great value for a great location as everything in Bozeman and surrounding area is right next door! Try the dining room in the morning--had great potatoes and breakfast burrito when i went last.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank sarniajoey

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Colorado
Reviewed September 1, 2009

This hotel was a pleasant stop on our trip. It is close to the interstate and still a short trip into downtown. The room was clean and pleasant, the lobby was beautifully done and the common areas were clean. The pool was large and enjoyable, though could have used cleaning. I didn't use the fitness area, but it looked nice and would have worked if we had needed it. The staff was friendly and the restaurant was very good. We would definitely stay at this hotel again. Booked through priceline this hotel was a great deal.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
Boise, Idaho
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We booked our stay in Bozeman through Hotwire, for $89.00which was by fare the best price. Most Hotels/Motels are quoting rates of $130-259.00, which is crazy. However, we still paid far too much for this room. I don’t know how this area justifies these rates, last year we stayed in a Holliday Inn Express for $65.00. We couldn’t even get a motel 8 for 65.00.

The Hotel is older, clean and seemed fine, but don't expect anything else. We had to hall luggage up 2 flights of stares. The room was clean, but bare bones… no microwave, no mini fridge, and dated décor- we could have used some more outlets for computers ect. It was very quiet, I don’t think we heard anything in the room, since we work while we travel, that quiet was very nice.

What didn’t make sense was that we called to extend our stay for one night. Kyle the clerk I spoke to on the phone, at the desk refused to extend our rate, told me to book it with Hotwire. This makes no sense, first Hotwire puts your rate up for bid, so we would have had to gamble and possibly change hotels. I argued with him, that extending my rate was a more profitable option for the hotel, because I would imagine Hotwire takes a percentage of the rate. He argued back that their rate was $129.00 and that was that. I told him I wanted to talk to a manager and he told me there was not a manager to talk too. He then suddenly offered a rate of $99.00; I accepted because I was tired and didn’t want to deal with more aggravation.

My husband went to the desk and asked to have a manager call us. We never heard a word. I would not stay at this Holiday Inn Hotel again, obviously the management is not concerned with customers, has no concept of how to economics. While I appreciate Hotwire is a good way to get a lower rate, it is up to the hotels to know their business, and it makes more sense to extend our rate than split it with Hotwire.

I thought the economy would be teaching us that turn and burn business practices are not sustainable nor are they smart. Keep it up Holiday Inn in Bozeman. I hope you suffer.

Menopausal Testy Traveler.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled on business

Travelers are raving about these Bozeman hotels

Middlebury, Vermont
Reviewed July 29, 2009

This Holiday Inn is decent enough but its long hallways that have a stale odor and older decor in the rooms make it less desirable than the newer hotels like Holiday Inn Express or Courtyard by Marriott.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Naperville, IL
Reviewed July 20, 2009

We stopped here for the night as we traveled through MT and the hotel room was fairly clean and had been upded within the last 5 years or so. The location near I-90 is excellent and downtown Bozeman is close by car. The hotel has no elevator (we knew that) and the internet did not have enough bandwidth but the room was quiet and our stay met our needs. I wouldn't want to stay here more than a day though as it was not all that comfortable and relaxing.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank travelsalotoo
Stillwater, MN
Reviewed July 10, 2009

Booked the room on Priceline and was very impressed with the room for the money. Very clean, very quiet. It was full, so we expected it to be noisy. Quite the opposite. Very nice front desk. In the morning the clerk helped me find a charger for my phone. Eat at Naked Noodle in town.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank ksand512
Iowa City
Reviewed July 2, 2009

I ended up with this hotel through hotwire. It was a decent hotel in a beautiful city. I didn't swim, but the pool was big and nice. Everything else was standard, but I'd stay there again if I went through Bozeman.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo