“Great hotel”

Ranked #24 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Whitehall m
“Great hotel”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

My family spent a weekend at this hotel in January. The staff was very kind and welcoming . Our room was very clean and comfortable . We had breakfast each morning and enjoyed the lounge each night. Excellent food and service both days. The pool was the biggest hit for our kids large and warm allowing for hours of swimming . Fantastic stay will stay there again.

Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Michelle H

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Whitehall, Montana
Reviewed March 4, 2014

We went to Bozeman for the winter festival and stayed at the holiday inn. The front desk was friendly and helpful. Our room was clean and the shower was awesome!!! Nothing worse than poor pressure in the shower.

Room Tip: I think the hosts would provide the guests with a good room.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Melissa R
Hanalei, Hawaii
Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I came in around 8 pm. There was a line I do understand, I waited patiently. When it came to be my turn the lady at the front desk looked stressed. I got my room key and went to my room and had trouble opening the door. I know that it was a stupid mistake on my part but the lady at the front desk was very little help. I seemed to have annoyed her by asking about the problem I was having. After getting into my room I noticed that when I wanted to take a bath there was a rim of hair around the tub, like someone had shaved and the tub wasn't cleaned properly.
I didn't want to go out and get food because it was horribly cold out so I looked in the binder that the hotel provided and looked at in room dining says until 10pm. I called and the lady on the other line said I would have to go to the bar, they were no linger doing room service. I went to the bar and it took like 10 min for bartender to acknowledge me. Not to mention that almost every table was covered with dirty dishes. I ended up getting a party melt and Cesar salad. It was good, the service just sucked. Overall the only good part about my visit was the free internet the place provided. I would not recommend coming here. There are several hotels that surround the place.

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, March 18, 2014
Dear monkeybutt_13,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further and have sent you an email with additional details.

Connie D
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Bozeman hotels

Snohomish
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I chose to stay here for two specific reasons. 1) The meeting I was attending was hosted here and weather was predicted to be bad and 2) they offer a shuttle that assured me at time of reason picking me up at the airport at 11:45pm would be no problem.

As instructed, I called for the shuttle the second my plane landed and was informed that one shuttle would be on site picking up a flight crew and a second shuttle was being dispatched and would arrive in 15 minutes. I retrieved my checked bag and proceeded to the empty shuttle, as I tried to get in the driver went nuts and wouldn't let me in, this was reserved for someone else and to wait here (in -5 degree weather) for an additional 30-45 minutes for him to come back! Serious lack of customer service skills! I called central reservations and they arranged for a cab with the hotel and after 20 minutes more waiting I was picked up.

The hotel layout is odd, my room was so far from the front desk that I needed a map to find it, through multiple doors, up stairs, etc. The room was average, the heat wouldn't regulate and was either too hot or cold. There was mold in the shower and around the toilet.

They still offer smoking rooms here but my room smelled clean. However, the floor below me (the 180's) reeked of weed the entire time I was there.

To avoid the unpleasant shuttle situation I took a cab back to the airport.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Tooblackdogs,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations on this occasion. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you may have had with the shuttle service and if your room was not completely satisfactory. We will work on the points you have raised in your review to consider for enhancements needed.

Pam G
Forsyth, Montana
Reviewed February 23, 2014

It does not even have a working elevator. It never has had . The hallway carpets are stained and dirty. I have stayed in Motel 6's that were much cleaner than this. No shampoo in the room and old worn towels...

Room Tip: to get a good room stay at a different place. This one is old and worn out.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear FrankinMT,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service and the facilities we offer to our guests. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the carpets and the elevator have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A
Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed on the first floor. Reminded me of an old Vegas hotel . Cheap, outdated, old cigarette smell to it tried to be covered up by even worse room deodorizer smell. Plus, halls were freezing cold and dark. Gross! Put your money elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Kita2012,

Ben J
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I'm a Priority Club Platinum member, and this is consistently the best hotel bar I visit. Dan does an awesome job! I hope they know what they have in him. The staff as a whole is wonderful (Annie in Sales is great). Love staying here when I'm in Bozeman!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business