“Keep looking”

Ranked #23 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Snohomish
“Keep looking”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I chose to stay here for two specific reasons. 1) The meeting I was attending was hosted here and weather was predicted to be bad and 2) they offer a shuttle that assured me at time of reason picking me up at the airport at 11:45pm would be no problem.

As instructed, I called for the shuttle the second my plane landed and was informed that one shuttle would be on site picking up a flight crew and a second shuttle was being dispatched and would arrive in 15 minutes. I retrieved my checked bag and proceeded to the empty shuttle, as I tried to get in the driver went nuts and wouldn't let me in, this was reserved for someone else and to wait here (in -5 degree weather) for an additional 30-45 minutes for him to come back! Serious lack of customer service skills! I called central reservations and they arranged for a cab with the hotel and after 20 minutes more waiting I was picked up.

The hotel layout is odd, my room was so far from the front desk that I needed a map to find it, through multiple doors, up stairs, etc. The room was average, the heat wouldn't regulate and was either too hot or cold. There was mold in the shower and around the toilet.

They still offer smoking rooms here but my room smelled clean. However, the floor below me (the 180's) reeked of weed the entire time I was there.

To avoid the unpleasant shuttle situation I took a cab back to the airport.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, March 16, 2014
Dear Tooblackdogs,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about your recent stay. It is regrettable that we fell below your expectations on this occasion. Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience you may have had with the shuttle service and if your room was not completely satisfactory. We will work on the points you have raised in your review to consider for enhancements needed.

Pam G
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Forsyth, Montana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2014

It does not even have a working elevator. It never has had . The hallway carpets are stained and dirty. I have stayed in Motel 6's that were much cleaner than this. No shampoo in the room and old worn towels...

Room Tip: to get a good room stay at a different place. This one is old and worn out.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, March 11, 2014
Dear FrankinMT,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I truly apologize for the not up to par experience you had during you stay with us. We are constantly looking for ways to improve our service and the facilities we offer to our guests. Rest assured that the issues you have raised about the carpets and the elevator have been documented and will be forwarded to the appropriate departments for necessary actions.

Janice A
IHGCare

Travelers are raving about these Bozeman hotels

2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2014

Stayed on the first floor. Reminded me of an old Vegas hotel . Cheap, outdated, old cigarette smell to it tried to be covered up by even worse room deodorizer smell. Plus, halls were freezing cold and dark. Gross! Put your money elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Bozeman, responded to this review, February 26, 2014
Dear Kita2012,

Ben J
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I'm a Priority Club Platinum member, and this is consistently the best hotel bar I visit. Dan does an awesome job! I hope they know what they have in him. The staff as a whole is wonderful (Annie in Sales is great). Love staying here when I'm in Bozeman!

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

We stayed here one night on our way to Yellowstone National Park in January. The staff was very helpful. There is a free shuttle from the airport and downtown Bozeman. Our driver was friendly and punctual when we needed to be picked up. The onsite restaurant, 3 Rivers, is also a fine place to eat. The food is excellent, the prices reasonable, and the husband and wife running the restaurant were great representatives of this neat city.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Helena, Montana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

Accommodating staff for an inn that must be 40 years old. Although updated, the rooms and baths are small! Probably it's best features are the LARGE indoor heated pool and the inn is very dog friendly. A large interior grass courtyard is there for your dog "off leash"...pick up your dogs poop! The best off-leash dog park on the planet (30acres) is a 5 minute drive

• Stayed January 2014
Fergus Falls, MN
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014

We booked 4 nights along with 4 days of skiing at Bridger Bowl. We arrived a day early but staff was able to accomodate us and gave a breakfast voucher to make up for the snafu... which was not their fault... but took some time to resolve. I'm 50 and my son is 18... each night we were able to enjoy the hot tub and pool area either all by ourselves or with only 1 or 2 other guests. The Jaccuzzi was Great Therapy for sore legs. The facility is older but was well suited for us. Our request for main floor near a door was helpful when handling ski equipment. The food was excellent. We ate breakfast and diner... pretty typical pricing for a HI faclity. Wi Fi was handy and we were pleased with other amenities.... close to the freeway, quiet, close to other resturants. Dog friendly attitude was cool even though I don't own one. Value was good and I'd definitely stay again. Microwaves and fridges were available on request but we adopted a strict no leftovers policy so we did not need one. Thaks to Bridger Bowl for partnering with these folks and providing package pricing.

Room Tip: Ask for main floor to avoid the stairs. Extra towels were not always availble in the pool area so we...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with family