“Housekeeping security issues”

Days Inn & Suites Bozeman
Ranked #12 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
GreenLeadersSilver level

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Spokane, Washington
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Let me just start by saying that we have stayed at many Days Inns that are clean & courteous, with wonderful staff-we love these hotels. The Bozeman one, not the same story. I've stayed here before and it was GROSS!!!! However my parents stay here several times a year when visiting family so I thought maybe it had got better. I was wrong. We arrived around 2 am and my mom had already checked us in earlier when they had arrived since they were paying for the room and given them her credit card, which they swiped. But upon our arrival the front desk demanded that they also swipe our card but nothing would be charged. We get our luggage into the most DISGUSTING room I've ever been in. Hair, bobby pins all over the bathroom floor, debris on the floor around the bed, hair in the bed, lights were unplugged, nothing wiped down, and to top it off I turn around and my 2 year old daughter is playing in standing water that was still in the tub from who knows when. The desk responds and says theres nothing that can be done because theres no manager for another 2 days. If every other hotel had not been completely booked that night I would have left that very second. The next morning my grandmother said her socks that she wore around her room were soiled & brown from the carpet. To top it all off I check our bank statement before checking out & they have taken the money out of our bank acct (not my parents cc as requested), giving the excuse that's its not out, it's just an "authorization" & since its Sunday they can't do anything about it. I'm getting ticked now that instead of trying to fix a bad situation that could have been resolved by instantly apologizing & telling me how you're going to comp me for the fithly room, you stand there and make excuses and justify your employees lack of doing their simple job. As this discussion is finishing up an elderly couple (having only stood there for 3 min) starts complaining because they want to check out and "why can't this lady just understand that nothing can be done", starts harassing me and telling me off because as they put it, "Other people want to check out." The Assistant Manager just stands there when she should be the one politely asking the couple to be patient for one more second and I am scolded by them for ruining their schedule, leaving me in tears.

So needless to say I am left with lack of sleep for having to stay in such a flea bag of a motel, $150 short in my bank account until it is convenient for them to put it back on my card, and berated by a rude elderly couple.

I WILL NEVER STAY IN THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN and would highly recommend others to avoid this place as well. Days Inn you have lost a customer for good this time.

I will say this, Jim the breakfast cook is a delight, but the only positive to this Days Inn.

1 Thank Lisa Y
Quincy
Reviewed September 15, 2013

Nice stay in Bozeman, staff was exceptionally pleasant and helpful. Appreciated the minimal $5 pet fee.

Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We two 60+ Aussies heading to Yellowstone struck gold when we walked next door away from the Best Western and saved $80 immediately by simply thinking $200 a night was too much. So for much less we had a lovely night in a big room at Days Inn, with all mod cons, great bath, telly, fridge...and the highlight...a great freshly cooked breaky of eggs and bacon thanks to Jim...a good cook, and incredibly nice and courteous chef. This really is great value...and dispels the myth that quality is directly correlated with price.

Northern California
Reviewed September 5, 2013

This review is overdue. About a year ago I stayed at The Days Inn. It is not a 5 star hotel, but I didn't expect a 5 star for the outstanding price I got on the room. I am giving it a 4 star for the good value. The room was fine, clean and the breakfast was a nice addition. They have washers and dryers for the guests.

The price was good, the staff was friendly, and I would stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo