“some thing excellent some not”
Review of bar 3 barbecue

bar 3 barbecue
Ranked #70 of 247 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed July 27, 2012

Grits wonderful, ribs reheated tough. When I complained I was basically told they would resteam and it would be at least 30 more minutes would not change for something else. Brisket and pork wonderful. Bozeman is friendlier and better than Belgrade location. Expensive but usually good. Low rating due to Belgrade and when I called owner to complain in Bozeman was told he would call me back and didn't. Better than Famous Dave's.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Hunter and his staff at Bar 3 and Custom Dining Experience were outstanding. They provided a wonderful catered BBQ. The food was delicious. The following night Custom Dining Experience provided gourmet dinner for our wedding reception. The staff was outstanding. Thank you all.
Jared

Reviewed July 13, 2012

everything is yummy! atmosphere not so great, I usually get take out. They can do whole pans of meat with fixin's for groups too.

Reviewed June 26, 2012

They deliver after 5pm and have a nice menu and excellent cheese green chile grits and mac and cheese, loved the fried green tomatoes and the bbq (brisket, pulled pork sandwich and ribs) were all great. We ordered from them on both our stays in Bozeman on the way to Banff.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

I am not really a BBQ snob but on the road, a non-chain BBQ place is usually my first choice. The Bar 3 in Bozeman was not bad but not great. I had pit ham, turkey and a sausage with potato salad and okra. The ham and turkey was dry and the sausage a run of the mill link cooked on the griddle, not smoked or done over a fire. The potato salad was excellent as was the okra. The four types of sauces were very good. They were out of brisket at 5 pm, so not sure what was going on there. I asked if they had a rib option where I could buy a couple of ribs, and they looked puzzled and said there was no way to do that. I would suggest to the owner that this would allow customers to sample the ribs without committing to a half slab or more, and if they were good, could increase rib sales. I was at a Colorado BBQ place where they handed the customers one rib off a plate as a thanks for being here, and man, the slabs were flying out of the restaurant due to this marketing.

Been to bar 3 barbecue? Share your experiences!