“Fantastic fishing trip”

Wild West Flyfishing
Reviewed June 18, 2018

We were connected with Jamie via Yellow Dog, and we experienced two of the greatest days of fishing on the Madison with two of Jamie’s guides, Todd and Dario. We enjoyed their engaging personalities, as well as their professionalism and guiding expertise. They had a sixth sense as to where the rainbow and browns hang out, and they thoughtfully offered casting tips and fishing techniques in a constructive, patient and helpful manner. We definitely look forward to future trips with Jamie and his fantastic guides.

Date of experience: June 2018
in 6 reviews
"guide"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed September 28, 2017

Booked a trip to Land of the Giants, (the Missouri between Hauser Dam and Holter Lake. We were lucky to pick up a booking with Jamie Benedikt. Awesome day, beautiful hard fighting rainbow trout, in really nice numbers. Jamie was dialed in all day, knew just when and where to move. He's a hoot to spend a day with, even without the fishing.

Date of experience: September 2017
Reviewed July 31, 2016

My two boys (12,13yo) and I spent two days fishing with Jamie in the Bozeman area. I can't imagine there is a more professional and knowledgable guide in the around than Jamie. He knows those rivers like the back of his hand and put us on some nice trout. With Jamie's help my boys were casting like pros by the end of the trip and we all had a great time. He probably taught me more about Montana than I would have learned on a guided tour. Overall the kids and I highly recommend Jamie for your fishing adventures!

Date of experience: July 2016
Reviewed June 30, 2016

What an amazing trip we just had on a drift down Yellowstone River. Both my 7 yr old son and I have never held a fly rod... Jaime got us casting and feeling very comfortable asap... Once we started the drift, we caught fish immediately. Landed lots of rainbow trout, whites and a brown.

The scenery is absolutely amazing, like something off a movie set. What a great experience, and beautiful insanely fun time. Thanks and can't wait to go again!!!

Date of experience: June 2016
See more reviews
Reviewed June 22, 2016

Within 15 minutes we were catching trout and looking at some of the most spectacular scenery in the canyons while floating the Missouri River! Lunch time was a treat, Jamie banked the boat and we walked up into the pines and he grilled burgers with all the fresh trimmings and we rested a little before round (2) of the best trout fishing my son and I have ever experienced in Montana!

Date of experience: June 2016