“Fly fishing the Yellowstone and Gallatin”

Wild West Flyfishing
Reviewed July 31, 2016

My two boys (12,13yo) and I spent two days fishing with Jamie in the Bozeman area. I can't imagine there is a more professional and knowledgable guide in the around than Jamie. He knows those rivers like the back of his hand and put us on some nice trout. With Jamie's help my boys were casting like pros by the end of the trip and we all had a great time. He probably taught me more about Montana than I would have learned on a guided tour. Overall the kids and I highly recommend Jamie for your fishing adventures!

Date of experience: July 2016
in 6 reviews
"guide"
in 10 reviews

Reviewed June 30, 2016

What an amazing trip we just had on a drift down Yellowstone River. Both my 7 yr old son and I have never held a fly rod... Jaime got us casting and feeling very comfortable asap... Once we started the drift, we caught fish immediately. Landed lots of rainbow trout, whites and a brown.

The scenery is absolutely amazing, like something off a movie set. What a great experience, and beautiful insanely fun time. Thanks and can't wait to go again!!!

Reviewed June 22, 2016

Within 15 minutes we were catching trout and looking at some of the most spectacular scenery in the canyons while floating the Missouri River! Lunch time was a treat, Jamie banked the boat and we walked up into the pines and he grilled burgers with all the fresh trimmings and we rested a little before round (2) of the best trout fishing my son and I have ever experienced in Montana!

Reviewed June 22, 2016

Spent the day fishing the Gates of the Mountain section of the Missouri River with Jamie. All an angler can ask of a top notch guide is that they know the waters, have quality equipment, and are fun to spend the day with. Those are the things a guide can control. They can't make the fish bite.

Well Jamie is one of the best guides I have ever fished with. He knows the water like he was born on it, his equipment is top notch and in great shape, and he is a patient teacher and a hoot to spend a day with. Exceeded all my expectations.

Oh and one last thing ....I think maybe he does "speak" to the fish somehow and get them to bite cause I was getting bites from big rainbows all day long!!

1  Thank ifsteve
See more reviews
Reviewed May 4, 2016

My wife and I fished with Jamie at the "Land of the Giants" and had a great day fishing and plan to return later this year with friends. Our day on the water was everything we expected. Jamine guided us over many large fish and we had a wonderful time. It was great since Jaime not only knows flyfishing but he had the right boat and the right knowledge of the River to get us into many large fish. Thank again.

Date of experience: May 2016