Review Highlights
Floating The Yellowstone

You're not going to find a more experienced guide on The Yellowstone than Captain Jamie! We were... read more

Reviewed April 19, 2019
Buznlo
Fantastic fishing trip

We were connected with Jamie via Yellow Dog, and we experienced two of the greatest days of fishing... read more

Reviewed June 18, 2018
rmpauljr
Richmond, Virginia

See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed June 30, 2016

What an amazing trip we just had on a drift down Yellowstone River. Both my 7 yr old son and I have never held a fly rod... Jaime got us casting and feeling very comfortable asap... Once we started the drift, we caught fish immediately. Landed lots of rainbow trout, whites and a brown.

The scenery is absolutely amazing, like something off a movie set. What a great experience, and beautiful insanely fun time. Thanks and can't wait to go again!!!

Reviewed June 22, 2016

Within 15 minutes we were catching trout and looking at some of the most spectacular scenery in the canyons while floating the Missouri River! Lunch time was a treat, Jamie banked the boat and we walked up into the pines and he grilled burgers with all the fresh trimmings and we rested a little before round (2) of the best trout fishing my son and I have ever experienced in Montana!

Reviewed June 22, 2016

Spent the day fishing the Gates of the Mountain section of the Missouri River with Jamie. All an angler can ask of a top notch guide is that they know the waters, have quality equipment, and are fun to spend the day with. Those are the things a guide can control. They can't make the fish bite.

Well Jamie is one of the best guides I have ever fished with. He knows the water like he was born on it, his equipment is top notch and in great shape, and he is a patient teacher and a hoot to spend a day with. Exceeded all my expectations.

Oh and one last thing ....I think maybe he does "speak" to the fish somehow and get them to bite cause I was getting bites from big rainbows all day long!!

1  Thank ifsteve
Reviewed May 4, 2016

My wife and I fished with Jamie at the "Land of the Giants" and had a great day fishing and plan to return later this year with friends. Our day on the water was everything we expected. Jamine guided us over many large fish and we had a wonderful time. It was great since Jaime not only knows flyfishing but he had the right boat and the right knowledge of the River to get us into many large fish. Thank again.

Date of experience: May 2016
Reviewed April 21, 2016

My father came out for a visit, and we found Jaime through Yellow Dog Fly Fishing in Bozeman. Great call by the team at Yellow Dog, as we had a fantastic day on the river. At the launch, we found some high wind conditions, and knowing the river, Jaime made the quick call to adjust our route to provide more shelter on our float. It paid off and he put us onto a ton of fish! In addition, he gave us great tips for casting with wind. I would definitely recommend Jaime and his knowledge of the Yellowstone. His ecology background was also a great added bonus in sharing information about migratory birds and foul that we were seeing on our float. Great trip!

Date of experience: April 2016