“LOVED this oasis!!!”

Gallatin River Lodge
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed August 8, 2013

If you like to go to a vacation spot that feels like home, this is the spot. The warm and graciously
accommodating staff could not have been nicer. The rooms are fresh and clean, the views are
fabulous, as is the tranquility of quietness. But beyond all that....the food is out of this world!!!
Fresh produce plucked from the garden and unusual culinary delights you will never forget.
I cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed this little piece of heaven on earth!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed July 29, 2013

Don't get me wrong, the room, restaurant, and service were all top notch and deserve five stars. But..... I normally like to spend my fly fishing money on fine bamboo fly rods and the occasional guided float trip. When I go on a fishing trip I'm normally more than happy to stay at one of the nicer mass market motels and dine at the nearest brew pub. However, I booked two nights lodging at the Gallatin River Lodge ONLY because in the 2010 video on the lodge's web site the owner says the lodge "owns two miles of the Gallatin River" (earlier in the video the narrator says 1.5 miles, but that's not an issue).I'm a competent fly fisherman and don't need a guide except when I float, but the private access really got my attention. So imagine my disappointment when I arrived and found out that the Lodge lost it's lease on the private land about a month ago and that I would be driven to a short private access and dropped to fish as far as I wanted up stream or down as long as I stayed below the high water mark, per Montana State law. Over dinner that first night I thought about tough it was going to be spending the next day walking entirely on loose river bottom cobble on my knee scheduled for replacement in a month, plus I was pretty sun burned from five straight days of fishing and decided not to fish at all. Anyone who has both fished a trout stream by walking from pool or run to pool or run along the edge of a hay meadow and trying to do the same thing by hoofing it up the dry stream bed will understand my decision.

Room Tip: They are all good.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Chris B
fishflymt, Owner at Gallatin River Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded August 4, 2013

We recently IMPROVED the access for our guests to the same area of the Gallatin River that our guests have historically fished. This gentleman is mistaken regarding our access and made no attempt to take the shorter, more convenient walk to the river. There are no navigable rivers and streams in Montana that are "owned" by private individuals, they are public- in our case here, that access is limited due to crossing private property. The closest public access points are 2 miles upstream and 3 miles downstream from the area that our guests continue to fish from our lodge. We've never represented our wild Montana river as a river where one can walk from pool to pool on a hay meadow. Colorado residents likely have a different perspective on fishing trout rivers as Colorado stream access laws are much more restrictive than Montana's.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just a quick note to say that we just concluded an exceptional time at the Gallatin River Lodge. They set us up with excellent guides, wonderful food, friendly service, very comfortable rooms and very helpful guidance on surrounding activities. We will be back !

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Peter_muckerman
Reviewed June 5, 2013

My husband and I just returned from a vacation in Yellowstone National Park. We spent every night at a different hotel along our adventure route, but the last day was our 40th anniversary, and I wanted it to be very special. Gallatin River Lodge most certainly delivered! What a magical place! Even as we drove up the gravel road leading to the Lodge, I knew that this would be a unique experience. The lodge itself can only be described as "rustic elegance" -- rustic decor, elegantly presented. The room itself was cozy and luxurious, with a wonderful deep spa tub, inviting fireplace, and deep, cushy bed. The restaurant rivals any fine restaurant we've experienced for its menu, service, and quality. Thank you very much, Cindy and Steve, for a fabulous experience!

Room Tip: I didn't see any other rooms, but ours was on the 2nd floor, in the corner, and it was perfect!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Dixie B
Reviewed March 18, 2013

This is a beatiful little lodge tucked away in Montanna! We came across it on a road teip and I'm really glad we found it! Its a gorgeus setting with a great view of the mountains! The lodge itself is really nice and quaint! The food was also great! It was a really nice place but not much to do in Bozeman, but im sure it wouldnt be to hard to find something. I would really suggest staying here!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Biancia B
Reviewed March 17, 2013

We stayed at GRL for the first time, last wekend.
It was wonderful. From the setting of the lodge, to the room and the food.
Keith does an exelent job. He knows how to lay out everything a guest could imagine.

Room Tip: The new Trout Cabin is sparkling! Great rooms for a couple, or a group of friends/family
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 14, 2013

We actually stayed here many years ago and loved it. A romantic weekend, and that it was~
We did not live in the Bozeman area at the time.

We moved into the Bozeman area about 3 years ago. Unknowingly at the time, we ended up buying our home about 2 miles down the road from the Galatian River Lodge. Lucky us!

Our early Valentine's dinner last night was as usual, lovely. The service welcoming and friendly.
The menu selection so much better then what is listed on the web site. Our food simply delicious!

Another great experience, we will return again and again.

Room Tip: If you want to experience an off the beaten path beautiful surrounded lodge with BIG SKY views and g...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple