“Fall on the Gallatin”

Gallatin River Lodge
Ranked #10 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
Reviewed November 2, 2011

Golden leaves and goreous mountain views greeted us at the Gallatin River Lodge. After a short drive from the airport we arrived via transportation from the Lodge. The interior of the Lodge is inviting and welcoming and just like it appears on the website. We dined there that night to a perfectly incredible meal. The staff is exceptional as is the service.The Lodge is spotless and very accomodating and the bed was very comfy. It is a private location yet not too far from downtown Bozeman. Cannot wait to return....Carolina Blossom

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Phinizy S

Reviewed November 1, 2011

I travel frequently on business and am always interested in finding an alternative to run of the mill chain hotels and motels. I found the Gallatin River Lodge and stayed there three nights. What a wonderful place and only 15 minutes from downtown Bozeman. It is a small hotel in a beautiful setting with a wonderful staff and a great restaurant. My first morning there I sat drinking my cofee over a great breakfast while watching a herd of deer slowly walk through the meadow in front of the Lodge. The rooms are spacious, roomy, well-appointed and very clean. The great staff made my stay very special. I will be bringing my family back with me very soon.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room upstairs in the front. That gave me windows looking over meadows on the South an...
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank Peter N
Reviewed October 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed at The Gallatin River Lodge to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. Our friends referred us a few years back after they spent their honeymoon there. What a wonderful treat! From beginning to end we could not be more impressed with the service provided. All of the staff were genuinely committed in making us feel extremely welcome and appreciated. We had an upstairs suite with breathtaking views of the mountains. Our lovely room was spacious, sparkling clean and the sheets were to die for!! The lodge happens to sell them so we ended up ordering 2 sets. This place also has fly fishing packages but we only got to wade fish on this trip. The Gallatin River is a short walk from the lodge-be sure to take your camera because there is plenty of wildlife to see! The food- well....I CANNOT begin to give it the justice it deserves! Chef Craig and his crew take pride in every detail! Not only is everything beautifully presented but the creative combinations of fresh ingredients are unlike anything you will find in Gallatin County! We are major food snobs and did plenty of research before we visited and ended up eating at the Gallatin River Grill, located in the lodge, every night we stayed. Between my husband and I we tried everything on the menu and sampled many of the wines offered from their extensive wine list. Everything is homemade, including sinful desserts that melt in your mouth! Simply put, the food was exquisite, our suite was perfect in every way and we will be returning! The owner, Steve, is spot on with his vision in offering first class accommodations! Thanks for making it so memorable!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Milly O
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We have stayed here in the fall each of the last two years while visiting our daughter at MSU. This is a small, quiet, high end lodge with exceptional personal service, a fabulous restaurant, and access to the Gallatin to boot! Access to Bozeman, MSU, and the airport is easy. We fished on our own with good success, fooling those trout with some eastern streamer patterns. I have not arranged a guided trip with them, but based on the rest of the operation and other reviews, I'm sure they could put together a great experience.

Room Tip: Lower level rooms have walk out doors to the grounds.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Karl B
Reviewed September 27, 2011

If you want to visit Bozeman, MT and take in some trout fishing with exceptional guides, this six suite lodge is a great place to stay. The restaurant at the lodge is recognized as the best in the Bozeman area and is well patronized by locals as well. The restaurant has a great view of a pond, horses, deer, and other wildlife. The Gallatin River and Madison River offer incredibly scenic trout fishing sites with the Big Sky and mountain ranges all around you. The guides can arrange for rental of all the clothing and other equipment that you will require. This is a lodge for persons that want to fish, since there are no fitness center or pool or spa facilities at the lodge. The people running the lodge are friendly and extremely helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for the second floor with a terrace.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank cosmo144
Reviewed September 17, 2011

It's like you are home, and you have just arrived. Keith, the manager, with his welcoming smile and easy drawl makes you feel as if you are the only guest his has on his mind. You only have
to ask and you will receive. Questions are quickly answered and recommendations are made.

We also had a great dinner, with Sam as your server, you could not go wrong.

A great time was had, if only for a night. We would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pamela s
Reviewed August 12, 2011

The Gallatin River Lodge is my TOP recommendation for a Montana Fly Fishing adventure. I took my brother to the Lodge for a 50th birthday present to enjoy a week of fly fishing. I made a booking error and neglected to book a fishing guide for our first day. Keith, the manager quickly called his contacts and had us on the water in about an hour. That kind of customer focus comes from the heart. Their genuine hospitality makes everyone feel as welcomed as if you were a guest staying in their home. I believe leadership starts at the top and Steve, the owner, reminds me of the old quiet cowboys who without fanfare exceed expectations. It also does not hurt that some of the prettiest ladies in Montana work here :)

Room Tip: Only six rooms ....all suites...2 down stairs ...4 up stairs .....all great.
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family