“Comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sheffield, UK
“Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

A two storey hotel close to the motorway but some distance from the city centre. Good room (116) with direct access to a small pool and a very hot hot tub! Our comfortable, reasonable size room was well equipped with huge TV, fridge & microwave. Only one comfy chair (why do most hotels equip rooms for two people with one comfy chair? Grrr). Complimentary coffee was available all day. Decent bar/restaurant served a very good & reasonably priced evening meal. Breakfast was also good and, at around $10, very reasonably priced.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2012

Room was comfortable, restaurant and bar on locaiton, swimming pool, friendly service. This was a great Best Western location and we will return to this location!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Gobuckeyes11
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 14, 2012

Beautiful hotel, newly remodeled rooms were very comfortable. The staff was knowledgeable and made me feel at home.I would recommended this hotel to my friends and family.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank jolee111
New Orleans, Louisiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

When I reistered someone who just walked in off the street was ahead of me - he got a better rate off the street than I did as a AAA, Best Western Rewards and ahead of time. When I mentoned that, the clerk gave me the ame rate he got - though my room was smaller, I am AAA and I am a rewards member. But, I was happy to get the 20 bucks knocked off.

The hotel was perfect for what I needed - close to both downtown and the airport. I thought the bed was mighty comfy.

When I tried to check out at 5:15 no one answered the phone at the front desk - I called twice. When I walked down, she was there and efficient. I just wished I didn't need that additional step that early in the morning.

The room has a microwave, refrigerator, hairdryer and coffee maker. All good.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hendersonville, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2012

I don't know what to expect these days. It used to be that early in our marriage (before the children changed our needs) we'd get a 30 dollar room with ants on the bathroom floor and just expect that I'd be getting what I deserved for the money I spent. For a 120. charge I guess I expected that at least the basics would be covered. This was a middling experience all the way around. No continental breakfast because the guests have the option of getting a breakfast at the restaurant that was attached to the motel. The air conditioner wasn't working right (it was about 78 degrees in the room when I finally called them at 9:00 PM). They tried to fix it and told us that they could bring us a fan or move us to a room with a window....apparently this was a problem that was motel wide so it wasn't clear whether there was a better option than moving us in the middle of the night. This hotel taught me a few things...don't rent a room in a motel with an attached restaurant....don't stay in a motel with a casino. I get the feeling this is next to impossible in a motel out west....seems to be pretty common. The staff was great...really kind and concerned...helpful....but I guess I expected more somehow. It was dry and seemed safe and we did get the air conditioning to work at some point in the night. It may be naivete on my part...I may be unsophisticated in my expectations....but I think that this hotel needs to work on some of the basics to really provide their guests with a positive experience.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank idahowannabe
Calgary, Alberta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

We spent a night here the last week of June. Front desk staff were very helpful. They gave us a map of Bozeman and highlighted all the good areas for restaurants and shopping etc... Our room was as we expected very clean and the bed was comfortable. we were there on a Friday night and we found it to be very quiet. I travel a lot and one of the things I like about best western is the convinience of an included breakfast, this hotel did not offer that. The only other complaint was an issue with the front staff. I had reserved my room using my points. The following night I was at another best western I was told I didn't have enough points to stay, which didn't make sense because I'd booked it online with my points and online it doesn't allow you to book it unless you have the amount of points needed for that stay. It turns out this hotel had somehow put my points through 3 different times so instead of my stay being 20,000 points they redeemed 60,000 after about 30 minutes on the phone with the rewards company and a phone call back to this hotel the problem was resolved and my account was credited with the 40,000. The only reason I knew this had happened was because I was at another best western the next night. Had I returned home I might have never noticed this mistake. Even with this minor problem I will definitely return to this hotel the next time I am in Bozeman.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Wyoming
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 30, 2012

Everything was just ok, starting with the reservations. I called from my cell about 2 hours out of Bozeman, the girl was very pleasant and even upgraded us without asking for it and signed us up for the current rewards program. No issues with personnel. The room was very clean and comfortable. Lounge, restaurant was also ok. The carpet was being replaced in the hallways so it was kind of messy. There was no breakfast included. For dinner we ordered a pizza from room service. It was just ok. I found my self wondering why it was a Best Western Plus... No real complaints but we have stayed in nicer Best Westerns.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple