“Hard to find in a big truck, but its a nice stay.”

Best Western Plus GranTree Inn
Ranked #13 of 31 Hotels in Bozeman
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed May 5, 2012 via mobile

Entrance is tricky in a big truck. Parking is tight. No elevator. No breakfast. Nice staff. Our room overlooked the pool. We are eastern time, so at about 9:00 pm a large group of children came into the pool area. We were a little concerned about the noise and trying to sleep. The pool closed at 10:00. By 9:50, those well behaved children had left the pool area quiet as a mouse. They do offer room service for breakfast. Expensive. Cinnamon roll is terrible. Food is just ok. Nice room, just eat somewhere else. Oddly enough the carpet looked good but the walls were damaged all along the baseboard.

• Stayed: May 2012

Reviewed March 11, 2012

We always make the Gran Tree Inn our first and last nights stay when we visit Yellowstone; simple reason is it is easy access to the highways and Airport. We had not been to Yellowstone since 2006, the hotel needed an overhaul back then. So we were not surprised to find work ongoing. Our room for our stay (262) was very clean and had recently been decorated.
Hallways are still being painted and we noted that rooms within the hallways placed towels at the foot of the door to stop the smell of paint. We only ate breakfast and found it very good. Service throughout was good; staff keen to assist at every opportunity.

Room Tip: The room we chose was 262. The way the hotel is built (shaped like the letter U)means it is the far...
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 15, 2012

Nothing was terrible during my stay here, the staff was friendly, the room was fairly clean and quiet, but there was just a few things that were annoying. The hotel is an older hotel so there are no elevators, but they do seem to be remolding the property (although it seemed like they were just painting the hallways to me, but maybe they plan more later). The phone and phone lines in the hotel need to be upgraded, try calling for room service for 40 minutes and the lines were busy even though was told nobody was on the phone. Finally got my dinner and it was good though, but they did get the order wrong.

I would probably stay here again if one of the newer hotels were full or were jacking their rates up like they tend to do in Bozeman as this hotel wasn't bad, it just wasn't that good.

Room Tip: Get a first floor room if you have a lot of luggage to carry to your room.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Loved the room, loved the staff, they really go out of their way for you. The food in the lounge area was great, the room service was prompt and reasonably priced and I enjoyed not having to leave the property if I didn't want to. Great location, and I was so comfortable there, everything you need is there. I will ONLY stay there on my next trip to Bozeman. The staff was really friendly and recommended some great places to eat! Way better than the "average" Best Western, this is a jewel in the chain.

Room Tip: There is no elevator, so if you have a lot of stuff, try for a first floor room. However, if not, th...
Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 16, 2012

I've stayed here before and this stay was just as good. I requested, and received, a quiet room away from the lobby and entrances. My room was extremely clean, my room service dinner was delivered very promptly and at the same price I would have paid if I had eaten in the restaurant. The hotel is located just off the freeway. The only thing I don't like here is that you have to walk to the gas station building next to the hotel to use the fitness center...it is upstairs in that building. I didn't like the long narrow and dark (I didn't see the light switch) stairway and even though to enter the fitness center itself you need a key, it still didn't seem very secure and I left quickly, I just did not feel safe or comfortable even though Bozeman is a very safe city. I would stay here again though.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed January 9, 2012

I recently dropped off my daughter at MSU and was looking for a clean reasonably priced motel. The Best Western GranTree completely met our needs. The staff was so friendly and helped us find a place in town to have a great breakfast with our daughter. The room was extremely clean. It had duvet cover for the bedspread, the bathroom was spotless and even the remote was kept in a hygenic case. Very happy to stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 4, 2012

We spent four nights over Christmas here - we normally stay at relatives in town but they were overflowing with guests. The hotel was decorated in a beautiful holiday theme and the staff is one of the friendliest we have seen (and we travel a lot) which made us feel welcomed from the start. They even offer Moonlight Ski Tickets to purchase on site. If you can stay on the first floor near the pool, our room stayed nice and warm and easier to carry in ski boots. Each room also has a refrig and microwave which is nice to reheat leftovers or popcorn/hot chocolate. We ate breakfast in their cafe, which also was excellent! I love thick bacon. Quiet after 9pm, which is when the pool closes which we also used pool and hot tub each night after a day of skiing. Would easily stay here again and for the price we paid -- bought thru Expedia for $50/nt would do again.

Room Tip: We stayed on first floor near the pool, the patio door opened right to the pool for easy access. Ke...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family