“Yummy. But extend the menu”

Garage the Soup Shack & Mesquite Grill
Ranked #16 of 236 Restaurants in Bozeman
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch
Az
“Yummy. But extend the menu”
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Nice summer patio. Excellent service. Soup bar is a nice touch. We stopped for a late lunch on our way to Bozeman airport after a visit to Yellowstone. Suggest extension to the menu more than standard stuff.

Visited June 2013

Livingston, Montana, United States
“Sad day at the Garage”
Reviewed June 1, 2013

My parents where visiting from SLC and I was so excited to take them to one of my favorite restaurants in Bozeman. The whole way there I bragged about the great atmosphere, service, and food. Unfortunatly the Garage fell on it's face last night. Between the bickering staff and their utter lack of interest in us as customers I was embaraced that I brought my family. I had to ask the hostess if we had a server after three of them walked by our table and not one made eye contact with me. One even sat down at a booth and prepared silverware as we sat menu's closed waiting. Once our server appeared she never ask if we wanted anything to drink but water, I had planned to order a beer but if she couldn't be bothered I'd spend the money somewhere else. She took our order and disapeared. Our food arrived in a timely fashion however my father's burger that was supposed to be medium/well was medium/rare. The hostess refilled our water once. I listen to serval patrons ask where their server was, would there server please take their check, is the server angry, the list goes on. Our servers tip refleted our poor experience and I'm not sure I'll go back. I text a friend who is also a local and a fan of the Garage and told her of our experience. She said I shouldn't be suprised the last time she was there the service was equally poor. I suggest you take your money and go to Baja Fresh on 19th.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank Kim S
Bethesda, Maryland
“A must-visit restaurant in Bozeman, MT”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

When I'm visiting in Bozeman, I have to go to the Garage. There are a selection of homemade soups every day, and you get to choose toppings for your soup plus bread or an apple. Also, an excellent menu with burgers, sandwiches and salads. If you get the BLT, be sure to get a side of the aioli mayonnaise. It's amazing! I've actually never had dessert there so can't comment on that. Good selection of beers. Very accommodating for children and families. Friendly and helpful service. A good all-around restaurant for lunch or dinner.

• Visited March 2013
Bozeman, MT
“Good food, great atmosphere!”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

I've been there twice since I've moved to Bozeman. I've gotten the pulled pork sandwich once and last time the "Studebaker" which is a burger with bleu cheese dressing, bacon and spinach. Both were very good! Their bleu cheese dressing is perfect - flavorful, tangy but not overpowering. Service was a little slow, but who wants to be in a hurry when your sitting outside people watching anyway? Our server was very nice and attentive! I don't remember her name but she seemed genuinely concerned about how we were doing and checked back on us frequently. I will definitely be back to try more things!

• Visited May 2013
Fort Collins, Colorado
“Great Perk to Beautiful Montana”
Reviewed April 22, 2013

My hotel recommended Garage for dinner. What a treat! The Salmon Bisque soup was amazing! The service was great too. I highly recommend not missing this stop.

• Visited April 2013